DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Costa Coffee sold

spunko

thats where peters and lee used to live in peterlee. I can tell its not XYY's gaff cos it hasnt got a run down double sized outside toilet, or a selection of ginger rugs hanging drying on the line.

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

That is a fairly typical Peterlee ex-council house Joe. Would currently cost between 45K and 85K depending on the part of town, and the number of bedrooms. That's not what you'll see the vendors asking for them in many cases mind, but that's what the ones that go are actually selling for.

I don't actually live in Peterlee itself, but in an adjacent ex-colliery - and my abode is a traditional two-bedroomed terraced.

The immediate area is a bit of a shit-hole. But there are well-paid jobs on Peterlee's North-West Industrial Estate - 1.5 miles from my door - and you can commute to and from some very nice and exclusive areas with tens of minutes if you don't like it a bit rough. (Me and Mrs XYY don't mind that at all...!!!)

Peterlee - it's the place to be...

;)

XYY

I don't get why it isn't more common for Londonistan folk to just say 'fuck it' and move up north somewhere like that. Buy a wee house outright within 10 years. Beats dodging acid attacks on the way to the office to pay of your 400K mortgage!

That is a fairly typical Peterlee ex-council house Joe. Would currently cost between 45K and 85K depending on the part of town, and the number of bedrooms. That's not what you'll see the vendors asking for them in many cases mind, but that's what the ones that go are actually selling for.

I don't actually live in Peterlee itself, but in an adjacent ex-colliery - and my abode is a traditional two-bedroomed terraced.

The immediate area is a bit of a shit-hole. But there are well-paid jobs on Peterlee's North-West Industrial Estate - 1.5 miles from my door - and you can commute to and from some very nice and exclusive areas with tens of minutes if you don't like it a bit rough. (Me and Mrs XYY don't mind that at all...!!!)

Peterlee - it's the place to be...

;)

XYY

isnt cat up there somewhere as well, some sort of caterpillar type bulldozer builder, i have a vague memory of going there for an interview many many years ago.

:)

Fuck off nob-head - Peters and Lee never lived here...!

I'll have you know it was Roy Walker - from TVs "Catchphrase" - and The Krankies actually*...

;)

Our Roy has a fine head of hair at 78 years old....must be something in the water in Peterlee!

4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Fuck off nob-head - Peters and Lee never lived here...!

I'll have you know it was Roy Walker - from TVs "Catchphrase" - and The Krankies actually*...

;)

XYY

*Source: http://www.knowhere.co.uk/Peterlee/Durham/Northern-England/info/celebs

aye, peters and lee i tell you, its named after them. Im a compulsive liar. (or am i?).

Yes - and the bastards test-drive them on a short trip down and back up the A19 - and can totally block the roundabout coming off the estate at certain times of the day.

Skilled jobs on good money at Caterpillar mind, and at NSK, and ZF (used to be TRW Automotive until they were acquired by the German company three years ago.)

Get up here for the good-life - you poncy Southern twats...!

;)

XYY

im not from down south.

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

Wasn’t this filmed in peterlee?

nay granada studios in manchester wasnt it? or somewhere in blackpool, dunno. think little waster there dies of lung cancer didnt he? bit young when this was on, remember it though, always reminded me of frank skinner, or rather skinner reminded me of him.

1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

nay granada studios in manchester wasnt it? or somewhere in blackpool, dunno. think little waster there dies of lung cancer didnt he? bit young when this was on, remember it though.

Dunno tbh

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

Wasn’t this filmed in peterlee?

After a Bernard Manning set Colin Crompton's first line:

Ladies and gentlemen please stop laughing at the comedian, he's trying his best.

On 04/09/2018 at 20:17, The XYY Man said:

We stopped going away after our last such holiday in 2012.

We have had what I think are called "stay-cations" in the current vernacular ever since.

Reasons...?

We're both smokers.

Hotels and pubs don't like us anymore.

So they don't get any more of our money.

Trains and planes don't like us anymore.

So they get fuck-all either.

Strange beds. We don't like them.

So we sleep each night in ours.

And of course we're a pair of old cunts.

But we went out every day in the car, and explored and enjoyed immensely the beauty of Co Durham, Northumberland and North Yorkshire.

And have both returned to work fresh and lively with fully-charged batteries. Unlike many of our colleagues - who are still fucking whining about airport delays, missing luggage and Delhi-belly.

So yes, you should indeed make this most marvelous and wonderful place your bolt-hole...

;)

XYY

I don't like the hassle of going on holiday either. I'm the sort of person that worries about missing the flight or the ferry, that the hotel won't have any record of my reservation and will turn me away etc. So I spend the weeks before going getting worked up about all the things that might go wrong, and the week on holiday worrying about the trip back!

The only problem with staying at home and taking day trips now is the traffic is getting worse. I get out into the Yorkshire Dales at least once a week, which isn't so bad apart from during the summer holiday period. Still have to get back home through Keighley though, and the traffic there is awful.

Ideally I'd like to live somewhere that was quiet with good dark skies and plenty of wildlife. I was thinking of looking north of Newcastle at some of the villages/small towns around the Kielder area. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2018 at 20:43, JoeDavola said:

I don't get why it isn't more common for Londonistan folk to just say 'fuck it' and move up north somewhere like that. Buy a wee house outright within 10 years. Beats dodging acid attacks on the way to the office to pay of your 400K mortgage!

Being far away from friends and family I suppose. And the impetus for change rarely lasts more than a few days in most people, after that they start getting cold feet. Vast majority (can't remember the full statistic) of people die within 25 miles of where they're born.

On 04/09/2018 at 14:00, Rave said:

Works out at 0p a cup if you grub the stickers off discarded cups in the street.

Decent scam though, credit to the lad

Eurgh tramp life!

Being from yorkhire .... typically you can find a few cups with stickers  left on the side. No need to bin dive.

I think my effective price of  MaccyD cup of coffee - which is only occasionaly -  is about 50p.

And MaccyD coffee is the best in the high street.

Archived