• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

copyright email

had one from virgin media,and the time and the film.it was skull island and i was at work ie the lodger.i suspect he was not useing my kodi but his laptop.how many times will they moan before they do anything.im often watching films on kodi and ive not been warned yet.he has gone low profile so not managed to ask him yet.the best thing is he says he is useing a vpn so cant be traced.im wondering if he is file shareing himself ie from my house....

Very likely they traced your ip address from a public source like p2p or torrents. Most things like kodi are encrypted now from end to end which basically means even your isp (virgin) don't know what you're doing online. Does anyone use uTorrent? That's the only way realistically they can see your ip afaik. 

The emails/letters are meaningless and can be ignored,  they are without any legal basis etc. It's just a notification really,  Just delete them and move on . :D

34 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Very likely they traced your ip address from a public source like p2p or torrents. Most things like kodi are encrypted now from end to end which basically means even your isp (virgin) don't know what you're doing online. Does anyone use uTorrent? That's the only way realistically they can see your ip afaik. 

The emails/letters are meaningless and can be ignored,  they are without any legal basis etc. It's just a notification really,  Just delete them and move on . :D

gives me a chance to bollark him then,his degree is in computers the irony lol.cheers

I got a few some months ago and couldn't figure out what was going on. Eventually I discovered that I'd somehow left uTorrent running on my wife's laptop, and somehow it had not stopped sharing a film when the seed:leech ratio reached 2. When I finally twigged it was 45O.o

Get a VPS in another country and run transmission-daemon, solved/