DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Help to Buy to End (or altered)

Band

On 04/09/2018 at 18:45, Band said:

Redrow demands HTB  continues -

He said: “It's created hundreds of thousands of jobs, it’s put roofs over peoples’ heads, I can’t understand why anybody would knock it.”

ttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/09/04/housebuilder-redrow-demands-certainty-help-buy-amid-talk-scheme/

Its going to put many Tory MPs out of a job due to helping re inflate Labours bubble, but apart from that and the fact its priced out millions more its triffic.

Good grief! A building company said that?O.o

Trouble is that they are not building nice houses. Who wants to get a 25 year mortgage to pay a 99 year lease on a flat in building that looks like it will fall down in 10 years?:CryBaby:

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Good grief! A building company said that?O.o

Trouble is that they are not building nice houses. Who wants to get a 25 year mortgage to pay a 99 year lease on a flat in building that looks like it will fall down in 10 years?:CryBaby:

Won't be long then before we have the first case of a `home owner` who is happy for the bank to repossess their house! :-)

Just now, MrXxx said:

Won't be long then before we have the first case of a `home owner` who is happy for the bank to repossess their house! :-)

All these "help" schemes help only building companies.

11 minutes ago, MrPin said:

All these "help" schemes help only building companies.

...and the politicians who get their `backhander`, oops `directorship` after they finish their political careers!

1 minute ago, MrXxx said:

...and the politicians who get their `backhander`, oops `directorship` after they finish their political careers!

Yes, there is no political will to provide affordable housing, just vast profits. I am not allowed on "That Other Site" any more.

On 02/09/2018 at 07:25, UnconventionalWisdom said:

I'll never know they got away with removing house prices from inflation figures. Biggist purchase and the most people spend their money on... Of course it has an impact on the economy and people's purchasing power. 

The price doesn't matter, debt servicing at current interest rates is only of concern. Well according to the BOE and govt anyway, surprised that leap of faith/stupidity was not extended to everything could have had the price of butter falling drastically as the debt servicing costs to buy it plummeted, might have given the charade away though. 

3 hours ago, MrXxx said:

Irrelevant nowadays as the bank can still pursue the owner for years after for the difference in price.

22 hours ago, onlyme said:

The price doesn't matter, debt servicing at current interest rates is only of concern. Well according to the BOE and govt anyway, surprised that leap of faith/stupidity was not extended to everything could have had the price of butter falling drastically as the debt servicing costs to buy it plummeted, might have given the charade away though. 

And I think this is the case with the majority of people as well...yet if told them that bread or butter was going to increase at the same rate they would be rioting in the streets!

On 27/11/2018 at 07:25, MrXxx said:

That's not going to be the characteristic of the next crash.

It'll be 'home owners' that just disappear back to their country of origin.  I don't think the banks realise quite how much liability they have in this area.

43 minutes ago, dgul said:

That's not going to be the characteristic of the next crash.

It'll be 'home owners' that just disappear back to their country of origin.  I don't think the banks realise quite how much liability they have in this area.

Well that's not a bad thing, the properties will come to market quicker and we won't have to put up with the Daily Mail Mr & Mrs Sad Face "We didn't know we had to pay it back" stories :-)

1 minute ago, MrXxx said:

Well that's not a bad thing, the properties will come to market quicker and we won't have to put up with the Daily Mail Mr & Mrs Sad Face "We didn't know we had to pay it back" stories :-)

It'll actually be quite interesting, because you'll have a situation where the banks will understand increased risk from migrants having a mortgage, but won't be able to actually act on this risk (specifically) as it would be ist.  I don't know what they'll actually do...

10 hours ago, dgul said:

It'll actually be quite interesting, because you'll have a situation where the banks will understand increased risk from migrants having a mortgage, but won't be able to actually act on this risk (specifically) as it would be ist.  I don't know what they'll actually do...

Don't be so sure, part of the mortgage check is ID, anything coming back without a UK passport or driving license will be rejected...like any business they can choose who they trade with and are under no obligation to explain why your mortgage application was unsuccessful.

Archived