• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

My lad wants his 48K back - biggest miss-selling scandal in history

Recommended Posts

Comrade Corbyn has said tuition fees will be scrapped, if so, surely every compo-chasing solicitor in the country will be initiating claims against the government.

My lad wants his 48K back, or whatever the figure works out to be.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/22/the-snap-may-brexit-corbyn-tuition-fees

Edited by Chewing Grass
fuckin comprehensive spelling & grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
17 minutes ago, dgul said:

If Corbyn gets in the £ will be scrap, so it'll be irrelevant.

The way May is U-turning like crazy, I think we'd better get ready for PM Corbyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

The way May is U-turning like crazy, I think we'd better get ready for PM Corbyn.

:)

Trump meeting Corbyn certainly won't see any holding-of-hands "a la May".

Jezza actually getting power is so delicious an idea that I'm actually getting a bit of a fatty-on over the thought of it...

 

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

In which case he needs to vote green. They have promised to write off all student debt.

And give them all a unicorn. Apparently.

I have been promised many unicorns in my life-time.

None of the uni-tusked. horse-like bastards have ever been delivered...

 

XYY

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Tabasco Kid said:

The way May is U-turning like crazy, I think we'd better get ready for PM Corbyn.

 I can see the polls being way off on this one. A Tory landslide, a coalition government and a Labour limp home are all possible in my view (and probably in that order).  

Edited by SCC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I have been promised many unicorns in my life-time.

None of the uni-tusked. horse-like bastards have ever been delivered...

 

XYY

 

 

I believe Mrs XYY hacks the horn off and sells the carcass to the glue man.

Can't think why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

40+K of student debt at 21? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Quite. When I was 21, £40K would buy you a decent starter home or flat practically anywhere. It still would in many parts of the country as late as the early 2000s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do you bring the quality controls back in?

Currently you have pretend universities across the country teaching degrees of zero academic rigour with no career worth to hundreds of thousands of halfwits but that's all fine because the only person that's costing money is themselves.

If you start up with the taxpayer funding it again then you can't allow a £48k free ride for the whole nation to waste three post school years pointlessly immersing themselves in media studies at an ex tech college.

Then you will have the collapse of the pretend universities, the student letting companies, and the vice Chancellors' excessive salaries.

CMuf9RxWsAE26fV.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Where do you bring the quality controls back in?

Currently you have pretend universities across the country teaching degrees of zero academic rigour with no career worth to hundreds of thousands of halfwits but that's all fine because the only person that's costing money is themselves.

If you start up with the taxpayer funding it again then you can't allow a £48k free ride for the whole nation to waste three post school years pointlessly immersing themselves in media studies at an ex tech college.

Then you will have the collapse of the pretend universities, the student letting companies, and the vice Chancellors' excessive salaries.

CMuf9RxWsAE26fV.jpg

Sadly we are funding it.

Its not really a loan, more a tax til you clear it.

And the moajoruty of stufnets wont clear it.

The cost should be split 1/3 between student, state and college.

Lecturers can get their pension only when 80% of students have paid back the loan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Sadly we are funding it.

Its not really a loan, more a tax til you clear it.

And the moajoruty of stufnets wont clear it.

The cost should be split 1/3 between student, state and college.

Lecturers can get their pension only when 80% of students have paid back the loan.

 

I don't think lecturers are the culpable ones. They have insecure jobs on salaries that have barely moved through twenty years of inflation and work under school type controls of teaching a bog standard curriculum and being expected to pass pretty much all students however useless.

The office of the Vice Chancellor is where the problem lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Where do you bring the quality controls back in?

Currently you have pretend universities across the country teaching degrees of zero academic rigour with no career worth to hundreds of thousands of halfwits but that's all fine because the only person that's costing money is themselves.

If you start up with the taxpayer funding it again then you can't allow a £48k free ride for the whole nation to waste three post school years pointlessly immersing themselves in media studies at an ex tech college.

Then you will have the collapse of the pretend universities, the student letting companies, and the vice Chancellors' excessive salaries.

CMuf9RxWsAE26fV.jpg

Essentially the tax payer is paying for this as most of the loans will never be repaid. Add to that the large number of Europeans who are also entitled to the loan who are then free to disappear back home. They might as well call it out for what it is, free money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Frank Hovis
      Free bus travel for under 25s promised by Steptoe.  Free bus travel for over 65s already in place, and most people 25 - 65 drive a car.
      If you're going to deprive buses of 90% of their income why not just simplify the whole thing and make them free.
      I also very much feel that this is yet another way of levering even more money out of the small remaining number of net taxpayers in the 25 - 65 who are the only ones left not getting all the freebies.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43726983
    • By TheBlueCat
      The Grauniad publishes something moderately insightful for once:
      https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/30/jeremy-Steptoe-tony-blair
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.