• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

NHS Heart test

Recommended Posts

Your heart age is about

46

Compared to a person of the same age, gender and ethnicity without raised risk factors.

On average, someone like you can expect to live to the age of 83 without having a heart attack or stroke.
About your calculation

See how your heart age changes if you:

Lose weight

2 years younger than my actual age.
And I do need to lose a few pounds.

Edited by sarahbell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS, why do they even bother? My results - heart age one year greater than my real age. Why? As usual I'm overweight based on my BMI, despite the fact that I'm a 30 inch waist and approx 12% body fat. I've even had a nurse tell me I need to lose weight because of my BMI while I'm standing in front of her with my shirt off and my abs on display.

Things I can do to improve my heart age? I can lose weight, lower my cholesterol (despite me not telling them what my cholesterol is), and lower my blood pressure (despite me not telling them what my blood pressure is).

Twats. I'm glad my own GP agrees with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Hyped on radio.

I was expecting big things.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45395576

What a fucking useless piss take and bollocks.

6 questions, mainly weight and height.

No questions on diet or exercise.

Im guessing theyve had 100s of NHS wimmin doing this.

Total crap.

Yes, absolute rubbish.  An "online heart test" which is nothing of the kind and just states the bleedin' obvious.

If you smoke sixty Players Navy Cut a day then this is bad for your heart.  Lose five years.

How much did all this nonsense cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm DOOMED!  Heart age 59.

It's so shite I can't even work out how they came to this conclusion, as it said see how you could improve your heart age by doing X Y and Z, I clicked them all and still heart age was only reduced to 58. So even if everything was perfect, my heart would be 5 years older than I am. 

I'm going to invite the idiots who wrote it to come on my next Alpine trek.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Well I'm DOOMED!  Heart age 59.

It's so shite I can't even work out how they came to this conclusion, as it said see how you could improve your heart age by doing X Y and Z, I clicked them all and still heart age was only reduced to 58. So even if everything was perfect, my heart would be 5 years older than I am. 

I'm going to invite the idiots who wrote it to come on my next Alpine trek.

 

No Mr Swissy no alpine trek for you.  Didn't you hear the NHS?  You are 59.  SIt down and read your SAGA magazine and watch a rerun of Last of the Summer Wine instead.

Edited by Frank Hovis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over focus on these obvious risk factors is dangerous imo as lots of men drop dead of heart conditions due to stress or other hidden risk factors. My dad went to the GP in his 50s with angina. Because he was thin and not a smoker doctor laughed at him and said he was just anxious. Luckily my mum forced him to go back and he saw a different doctor as turned out one of his arteries (the widow maker) was 99% blocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No Mr Swissy no alpine trek for you.  Didn't you hear the NHS?  You are 59.  SIt down and read your SAGA magazine and watch a rerun of Last of the Summer Wine instead.

Maybe I should have given them my Geneva postcode, people are generally healthier I think. Certainly slimmer and fitter at least. The cheeky bastards say I'm overweight as well, even when I had a 6 pack in my 20s my BMI was over 23. Can pretty much guarantee that all ex rugby players, who will be even heavier than me, will be classified as in danger of imminent death by that test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Public Health England are the culprits, here is one of there typical "what are they actually doing?" job for £100k.

Quote

 

Public Health England (PHE) is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and innovative individual to the role of Consultant in Public Health: Specialised commissioning. The individual will provide professional public health leadership, advice and support to the specialised commissioning team within NHS England nationally and locally. The role includes providing input to the annual commissioning cycle and ensuring health improvement and improved outcomes is a key outcome of the commissioning process as well as all commissioning activities. In addition, they will ensure engagement across clinical pathways by developing strong links with NHS commissioners and Integrated Care Systems in London. The post-holder will also provide public health advice and support to the national commissioning activities and functions.

The successful individual will join a dedicated and committed Specialist Public Health team to bring professional credibility and robust leadership to engage, and support the public health offer to the NHS.

 

I read that as having a lot of business lunches.

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/bc5189680050b7114f8bb4a0cb814f7e/?vac_ref=915237614

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Looks like it's an expensive shambles.

 

Stupid wimmin with clipboards ... pissing money away in the NHS since ...er ... it was created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I happen to have blood work from about 6 months ago sitting beside me, so was able to answer the cholesterol questions.

And my heart age is.......34. Which I'm OK with since I'm 34. I can lower it to 33 apparently if I lower my blood pressure...which is is strange cause I didn't answer the fucking blood pressure question.

However being a software bod I decided to do some testing. If I leave every setting the same, except tell them I'm 30 instead of 34....they tell me I have a heart age of 25.

According to this tool:

- a 30 year old with my stats has a 25 year old heart.

- a 31 year old with my stats has a 31 year old heart.

- a 33 year old with my stats has a 28 year old heart.

- a 33 year old with my stats has a 34 year old heart.

- a 43 year old with my stats has a 42 year old heart.

- a 53 year old with my stats has a 52 year old heart.

......what an absolute crock of fucking shit.

Edited by JoeDavola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

 

And my heart age is.......34. Which I'm OK with since I'm 34. I can lower it to 33 apparently if I lower my blood pressure...which is is strange cause I didn't answer the fucking blood pressure question

Not saying its great, but because you didn't answer the blood pressure question, the tool has assumed you have the average UK person's blood pressure. So it's really saying that the average UK blood pressure is too high (when you don't provide it with your own stats).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rhaegal said:

Not saying its great, but because you didn't answer the blood pressure question, the tool has assumed you have the average UK person's blood pressure. So it's really saying that the average UK blood pressure is too high (when you don't provide it with your own stats).

Yep, It's another load of old bollocks.

Well slap my ass and call me surprised.

The average brit is a fat cunt with a heart condition, if you remove any personal data then you are going to die 10 years before your time like all the other fat cunts.

I don't know what's more offensive, this crap or the fact that "they" think "this crap" is going to work?

Really. WTF! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Well I happen to have blood work from about 6 months ago sitting beside me, so was able to answer the cholesterol questions.

And my heart age is.......34. Which I'm OK with since I'm 34. I can lower it to 33 apparently if I lower my blood pressure...which is is strange cause I didn't answer the fucking blood pressure question.

However being a software bod I decided to do some testing. If I leave every setting the same, except tell them I'm 30 instead of 34....they tell me I have a heart age of 25.

According to this tool:

- a 30 year old with my stats has a 25 year old heart.

- a 31 year old with my stats has a 31 year old heart.

- a 33 year old with my stats has a 28 year old heart.

- a 33 year old with my stats has a 34 year old heart.

- a 43 year old with my stats has a 42 year old heart.

- a 53 year old with my stats has a 52 year old heart.

......what an absolute crock of fucking shit.

xD

Now try varying the postcode. Put yourself in Glasgow and they'll probably assume you live on deep-fried Mars Bars.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just says your heart is same age as you are unless there are any negative replies to the questions posed. Rubbish!! Think ou could be a alcoholic or a herion addict with a low (but fine) BMI and be told all is well?!  No help at all IMO. Unless you are overweight when it will tell you to lose weight. Or lower your cholesterol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2018 at 12:04, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Well I'm DOOMED!  Heart age 59.

It's so shite I can't even work out how they came to this conclusion, as it said see how you could improve your heart age by doing X Y and Z, I clicked them all and still heart age was only reduced to 58. So even if everything was perfect, my heart would be 5 years older than I am. 

I'm going to invite the idiots who wrote it to come on my next Alpine trek.

 

Bet they would struggle to get themselves more than 2 kms without needing a sit down, a cup of tea and a cake.

Apparently coffee mornings help treat/find a cure cancer. Lots of ads around at the moment on TV. (Probably good for curing diabetes too?)

Edited by whocares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whocares said:

Bet they would struggle to get themselves more than 2 kms without needing a sit down, a cup of tea and a cake.

Yes I do have this image in my head of a load of fat cunts sitting round a boardroom table dreaming this shite up.

19 minutes ago, Rhaegal said:

Not saying its great, but because you didn't answer the blood pressure question, the tool has assumed you have the average UK person's blood pressure. So it's really saying that the average UK blood pressure is too high (when you don't provide it with your own stats).

Fair point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2018 at 11:56, Frank Hovis said:

Public Health England are the culprits, here is one of there typical "what are they actually doing?" job for £100k.

I read that as having a lot of business lunches.

https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/bc5189680050b7114f8bb4a0cb814f7e/?vac_ref=915237614

I reckon the nation's heart health would be better if all our taxes weren't being pissed away on keeping bureaucrats in a style to which they've become accustomed.

If you want to know if you're going to have a heart attack then you need to have a CT scan to find out how much calcium is in arteries. Of course, the NHS won't give you one, they'll just give you beta blockers and statins then treat you once you're dead. Envy of the world my arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.