• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Has anyone here invested in any altcoins ie not BTC?

I have noticed today that Augur (REP) has rocketed, I have 25 REP so not huge. Not sure why - can't find anything, although there is a Consensus 2017 going on so perhaps a leak. Or rumours that it's bring added to Coinbase, but this rumour has been around for weeks.

Here are my altcoin investments:
Minereum (MNE)
Ether (ETH)
Golem (GNT)
Augur (REP)
Verge (XVG)

Most of these are Ethereum based, I have a feeling it'll be bigger than BTC. People that say that's ludicrous as BTC was first;- I always wonder if they remember Myspace was before Facebook, Lycos was before Google, etc.

What about NEM?

Bought some Minereum upon seeing it in the other thread and reading a bit. Seems like a scam and I dont know why a 10 year old couldnt just make a new one that does exactly the same thing. But I bought it anyway. 86 for about 3 dollars each

Sold my XVG today (was my lowest value investment anyway) and plopped it on GNT. Pretty sure that tech is going places and will evolve from standard BTC transactions to utilising blockchain for everyday purposes.

I'm the opposite to you @Green Devil, I'm useless with charts and numbers, always have been. But if the idea stacks up and the developers are working on it and its getting genuine early adopter hype for the idea behind it not just to P&D, I'll give it a whirl.

Just to illustrate what a total scam some of these are,

4chan have been meming some shit coin called MOONcoin about how it's going to the moon and only cost 1 satoshi.

its now 3 satoshi within 24 hours

Anyway I bought 15$ worth at 1 satoshi

hopefully will be going to my Lamborghini dealership in 2 months when it's 1000

13 hours ago, Bakez said:

Just to illustrate what a total scam some of these are,

4chan have been meming some shit coin called MOONcoin about how it's going to the moon and only cost 1 satoshi.

its now 3 satoshi within 24 hours

Anyway I bought 15$ worth at 1 satoshi

hopefully will be going to my Lamborghini dealership in 2 months when it's 1000

I fell for a few of these 4chan pumps but lost out, or barely broke even. It's the same 2 or 3 people buying shitcoin stock in at 1 satoshi then pumping hard and withdrawing when the suckers are reeled in. They give the impression that people outside of 4chan will buy but I'm not sure that's the case.

Saying that RDD is a real mystery to me.

Better to invest long term. I tend to watch the whale investments, i.e. yesterday someone sank the equivalent of $500k on GNT.

A good test of your investments is how you feel when they tank. When I woke up today MNE had sank to $0.45 but I wasn't too fussed as I thought it'd go up again, it's now back at $2.20 odd. If I felt it was a shitcoin I'd have been distraught.

(Apologies if it feels like I'm shilling for this coin, please don't invest based on my advice only  -it could be a scam, as lot of these coins might be!)

What do you think of Swarm City?

Looks like they allow users to create businesses #hashtags.

Seems like an epic gimmick which I can see taking off

I put the $50 from the mooncoin in

1 hour ago, Bakez said:

What do you think of Swarm City?

Looks like they allow users to create businesses #hashtags.

Seems like an epic gimmick which I can see taking off

I put the $50 from the mooncoin in

Stupid name puts me off.  I tend to look for active communities and make sure there are several developers working. 

Btw check the MNE price...