• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

4 hours ago, 201p said:

But my main focus is on blockchain stocks now - they are the next millionaire makers (hopefully).

I should get try to my blockchain go public (my own worthless coin right now), im already a multimillionaire (in coins)

Wallet snippet

balance.png

Milestones approaching for BTC and LTC too. I suspect they'll all be breached around similar times and for Bitcoin at least, it will make big news.

Lots of interesting stuff on the horizon. CME futures, Coinbase Custody, the 'bitcoin episode' of Big Bang Theory this Thursday; all going to increase awareness and the money flowing in. I think we're in for a wild ride. I'm still wondering whether to take some profits... I'll probably leave it too late or do it too early.

Heres my take chaps, i think that the banks are buying up bitcoin. As soon as the CME goes live with futures, they will short it like crazy. Then sell their real bitcoin. And it will be the mother of all crashes.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

44 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Heres my take chaps, i think that the banks are buying up bitcoin. As soon as the CME goes live with futures, they will short it like crazy. Then sell their real bitcoin. And it will be the mother of all crashes.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Have you acted on this in any way?

Does anyone here view BTC as being a long term investment? Genuine question. Every person online who owns some seems be trying to guess the market in order to sell, this suggests to me that there's no long term plans?

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Does anyone here view BTC as being a long term investment? Genuine question. Every person online who owns some seems be trying to guess the market in order to sell, this suggests to me that there's no long term plans?

If it isn't longterm, then it isn't longterm - I will move on when the sector cools. That is the truth.

---

The South Koreans are most active in Bitcoin. It looks like their stock market is OK. LINK to their stock index https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/KOSPI:IND My only worry was the bitcoin was turning into a blackhole - sucking capital away from other assets as people are running out of savings and credit lines to throw at it.

Can you imagine people selling their homes, and then drawing down their pensions (invested in the stock market) to invest in bitcoin.

2 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Have you acted on this in any way?

No I am waiting for news of the release of the futures. But I wouldnt be buying anything new till we see the response when the futures come on line.

Edited by Green Devil

6 minutes ago, 201p said:

If it isn't longterm, then it isn't longterm - I will move on when the sector cools. That is the truth.

---

The South Koreans are most active in Bitcoin. It looks like their stock market is OK. LINK to their stock index https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/KOSPI:IND My only worry was the bitcoin was turning into a blackhole - sucking capital away from other assets as people are running out of savings and credit lines to throw at it.

Can you imagine people selling their homes, and then drawing down their pensions (invested in the stock market) to invest in bitcoin.

This was in the news a while back. Some guy sold up and stuck it all it. Judging by his timing he'd up up at least 100%.

^I think people move in herds, and more people will do this. 

Rule 1 - Assume people are stupid and take huge risks. 

Er just drive on the UK roads for 1 hour and you'll know what I mean.

---

I suspect unless some regulatory authority put a stop to reckless speculation (as opposed to calculated bets, like what I might be doing), 90% of the public that get to know about bitcoin will be taking out loans, and selling everything and putting it all in. Then we'll find out 90% of the invested public were in it for a quick win.

1001004001088061.jpg&f=1

The cold reality of losing everything that you have worked for, and future earnings by maybe a decade or more in one DAY has happened in the past.

(Stock market crashes, and traders getting on the wrong side of the market , take a suicide jump from their offices)

Can it happen in the future again? Worryingly, of course.

On 28/11/2017 at 00:27, 201p said:

---

Something like bitcoin doesn't work like that.

People are exchanging cash bitcoins & vice versa.  For every $ of savings thrown into Bitcoin, someone has extracted $ by selling bitcoin.

Even miners; if they're not holding they're selling.  For real money.

In this respect the current Bitcoin mania is harmless to the greater economy, albeit dangerous for those actually piling in.  Unlike the housing bubble (that makes $s from nothing and spreads them around the economy), the high value of Bitcoin doesn't need to be repaid at any point.  Even if it falls to zero -- the money paid continues to exist, just not in your hands.

Of course, if the financial industry happens to start taking Bitcoin as collateral against loans -- then we're in trouble.  But we're not there.  Yet.

31 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

ETH is at an all time high.  Wonder why, anyone know? Seems to be whenever BTC goes down ETH goes up lately. 

I can't make anything of it, other than a simple oscillation due to Bitcoin traders chasing whatever is yeilding on that day.  They have to oscillate in anitphase as their constant exchanging from one to another dominates (in the short term) over actual investments into the stuff.  This (IMO) also partly explains* the oddly large volumes.

[* IMO the raw blockchain volumes are painted by people doing bitcoin exchange with themselves.  I can only guess that they're miners as they're the only ones that can insert trades for zero transaction fee (if they like).  I can't work out why they're doing this.  Someone is doing something, however, as the average (median and mean) transaction is worth IRO $10-15k, and I don't see 'normal' people putting those sums in in one go.]

Edited by dgul

3 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

ETH is at an all time high.  Wonder why, anyone know? Seems to be whenever BTC goes down ETH goes up lately. 

My 70$ investment looking good.

And with the increased priced mining is now paying 70$ per week.

Hapoy days, Surely it has to fall over soon?

Ark up 20x since my first buy

Still think its the best investment in the top 50

Angry I didn't put more in at the start. Now its worth 3x my available cash there is no point putting any more money in. I also lost 95% of my money on another one, E4ROW, which was an ERC20 token for poker that was supposed to give holders a dividend with the rake. Seemed like it was a scam which of course every ERC20 token is.

Its mad but I still think there's another 10x to be had from altcoins. It might be the biggest bubble in human history. But putting money in now is madness

Edited by Bakez

5 hours ago, Bakez said:

Ark up 20x since my first buy

Still think its the best investment in the top 50

Angry I didn't put more in at the start. Now its worth 3x my available cash there is no point putting any more money in. I also lost 95% of my money on another one, E4ROW, which was an ERC20 token for poker that was supposed to give holders a dividend with the rake. Seemed like it was a scam which of course every ERC20 token is.

Its mad but I still think there's another 10x to be had from altcoins. It might be the biggest bubble in human history. But putting money in now is madness

Madness in any altcoin? I'm considering putting a lot more into eth when it drops a bit. Convincing my business partner is the hard part ...

27 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Madness in any altcoin? I'm considering putting a lot more into eth when it drops a bit. Convincing my business partner is the hard part ...

IF BTC goes back down everything will tank

Ark is up only about 3x in BTC terms, the rest is because BTC was only 2k when I bought it

My BTC sell is looking timely. Shame the same cant be said for my LTC. Still HODLing BCH, EOS, RIPPLE, ETH,ETC, ZCASH.

The banker crooks just cant resist them selves now they can get short BTC.

Things are looking a little clearer now BTC is getting a bad press for extortiante fees. 20$ fees on $100 is taking the piss and is unusbale.

I will be buying back after this dip and some. Will also buy some more BCH.

Interesting vid from Ave. Something I'd not considered - a crown corporation (Canadian govt) had purchased a large amount of Bitcoin as insurance policy against a virus/trojan hack attack and being able to pay out whilst getting protection in place. 

On 12/30/2017 at 13:20, onlyme said:

a crown corporation (Canadian govt) had purchased a large amount of Bitcoin

My current view of crypto currency is that, like all fiat currency, the only thing that gives it credibility is that its use is compulsory in some way: mostly through government national and local requiring tax to be paid in it, and this is what generates the demand. The above about Canada is big news in my view.