• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Virgil Caine

Old Musicians who can still cut it

Lets be honest time has not been kind to most of the artists who were major figures in the 1960s and 1970s. The fortunate ones died young enough to preserve their reputations. The unlucky ones spend their twighlight years as embarrassments who are easily outshone by their tribute acts who often offer the punters better value for money. Just occasionally though I see some of the old fuckers performing and realise that they have still got it. For example I was surprised at the intensity of the performance of Crosby , Stills and Nash in this clip. I doubt many younger acts could match Crosby as a singer or Stills as a guitarist.

Are there any others out there who can still do it ?

Dave Brock is still fronting Hawkwind, at age 77. He looks a lot healthier than poor old Nik Turner, who is a year older.

Iron Maiden. Average age over 60. Possibly at the very top of their game, flying their own 747 around the world and still producing amazing music. 

Judas Priest too, I was impressed. 

Agreed on Alice Cooper - saw him in France this summer. 

On 13/09/2018 at 19:26, Bedrag Justesen said:

Alice Cooper.

Not only the energy and showmanship but also the fellow musicians chosen. 

Pretty much a showman. I missed seeing Alice in Wembly in 1975. He was supported ny Alex Harvey, now sadly gone.

7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

He was supported ny Alex Harvey, now sadly gone.

My favourite guitar player at the time Zal Cleminson.

My Spoons human discographer spent ages one night googling Clem Clemencau, could only find French aircraft carriers.

Three of original Alice Cooper band still tour with him, they only do a short set in the middle but they play like nobody could.

I believe apart from Alice only Reggie still tours his original band. Dead ones apart obs.

https://medium.com/@EddyBamyasi/the-sensational-alex-harvey-band-albums-ranked-worst-to-best-312ec8f11c45

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

My favourite guitar player at the time Zal Cleminson.

My Spoons human discographer spent ages one night googling Clem Clemencau, could only find French aircraft carriers.

Three of original Alice Cooper band still tour with him, they only do a short set in the middle but they play like nobody could.

I believe apart from Alice only Reggie still tours his original band. Dead ones apart obs.

https://medium.com/@EddyBamyasi/the-sensational-alex-harvey-band-albums-ranked-worst-to-best-312ec8f11c45

Mr Cleminson dressed like a "business analyst"!:Old: