• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
null;

What planet is she on - giving up seats on a train

Recommended Posts

Stop smiling and offer your seat please!': Mother's fury at being forced to stand for half an hour while breastfeeding her baby on packed commuter train

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6133779/Mother-forced-stand-breastfeeding-train.html

 

I've got kids and have been on the train with them plenty so understand what its like but I have little sympthy for this attention seeking lady looking to promote her instagram and blog.

So it seems someone did give up their seat for her, but someone else took it? Why not a rant and photo of the lady who nicked her seat?

" 'I can somewhat understand not offering your seat to someone elderly; " - sorry, but to me the elderly get priority over someone who is young fit and healthy, even if they do have a chhild with them.

People refused togive up their seats - no one refused because she didn't ask.

" 'Next time you see someone with a child on a train - if you're able bodied and fit and healthy please offer your seat to them!' "

 

I wonder if people had given up their seat the headline would be "Please don't treat me like a weak woman, shocking ordeal of woman belittled by commuters who thought her too weak to hold her child"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you take kids on a commuter train?

Id avoid commuter trains when Im out n about with kids, for obvious reasons -they are full and its peak travel time.

Surely the correct response is Shes a woman not disabled.

If its not then maybe we should have the abiity to have power of attorney over women with children, you know, stop them doing something stupid or weak minded.

 

 

She's got a wierd uni-tit:

4FB9A18A00000578-6133779-image-a-38_1536

' Kate writes a blog, hitchenskitchen.co.uk, chronicling the ups and downs of weaning her baby as well as healthy family recipes.  '

 

 

Ahh ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I've been told repeatedly that women are as strong as men and it is wrong to treat them differently.

 

Reap what you sow, ladies.

I wouldn't give up my seat to any woman unless she was obviously disabled. I'd still give my seat up to pensioners though. Couldn't give a fuck if they are breastfeeding so think they are the most important person in the planet because they have a kid. Same as pair of mothers with their strollers side by side taking up the pavement and try to push you into the road instead of going single file. As you say they are reaping what they've sown.

Also she's able to breastfeed and snap a selfie at the same time so obviously not having that much difficulty standing. Just a stupid publicity stunt for her stupid weaning club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as more journalists look through instagram, facebook and twitter for "outrage news", you can use that to your advantage.

---

I think we should petition the train companies to have carriages for breastfeeding mums only! Who's with me! #givemespace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure there are some people who engineer themselves into a hardship in order to get everyone to look at them and then possibly write a bitchy article about it.

I'd probably offer her my seat but I'm sure she'd fucking moan about that too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I'm pretty sure there are some people who engineer themselves into a hardship in order to get everyone to look at them and then possibly write a bitchy article about it.

I'd probably offer her my seat but I'm sure she'd fucking moan about that too.

 

Used to be called Gorilla Marketing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Used to be called Gorilla Marketing

Mrs H. has a maye who does it.  It's extremely weird and it always involves her kids.

For example, we'd be with her amd her two kids and she'd insist on going into an absolutely packed coffee shop for a drink. Myself and Mrs H. would have taken one look and thought 'fuck that', but Mrs Lookatme will bull her way in with her hyper kids and suddenly the complaints are made.

"Not very good for kids is it?"

"Can't you make space for us?"

"No they can't sit down and behave.."

Basically the world needs to revolve around her. She's a bloody nightmare.

One time we were having dinner in the living room and one of her kids ran past bumping her plate and sending it flying. She went ballistic and kicked up all manners of shit about it so that we all had to get involved.

Thing was, I was watching just as the kid ran past. He never touched it. She pretended that he did and threw the plate of food herself.

Mental. We no longer visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, gibbon said:

I wouldn't give up my seat to any woman unless she was obviously disabled. I'd still give my seat up to pensioners though. Couldn't give a fuck if they are breastfeeding so think they are the most important person in the planet because they have a kid. Same as pair of mothers with their strollers side by side taking up the pavement and try to push you into the road instead of going single file. As you say they are reaping what they've sown.

Also she's able to breastfeed and snap a selfie at the same time so obviously not having that much difficulty standing. Just a stupid publicity stunt for her stupid weaning club. 

Zero sympathy, this is the feminism you wanted, you're a strong independent woman - you go girl! After all, men and women are equal aren't they ? In fact you're always promoting how much more stronger women are, how men are pathetic - well you're fucking reaping what you've down now.  This is the obvious outcome.

... why are you taking a buggy on a commuter train, you would expect it to be a nightmare - it's bad enough at any time, don't you do any forward planning (a lot of the comments mention this), of course, it's all part of the outrage culture that you're trying to engineer to make an article that really nobody gives a flying fuck about. You are just bigging yourself up with your shit article, your shit life, your narcissistic look at me and promote your fucking god awful shitstain faceache/instawhore/twatter sites. We just don't care.

Fuck off you entitled twat and next time pack a bottle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I'm pretty sure there are some people who engineer themselves into a hardship in order to get everyone to look at them

 

Scousers. Experts at professional victimhood.

23 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Used to be called Gorilla Marketing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The venn diagram of feminist women who are complain in favour of women quotas on the boards of FTSE companies and feminist women who complain that they have to stand on the train when pregnant/with children is an almost perfect overlap.

Feminism is mostly about trying to steal extra seating. Probably why they tend to be a bit overweight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a  lovely society we've become. Someone should have given the seat up for the babies safety if nothing else.

But because all southerner are puffs i don't think they actually have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Banned said:

What a  lovely society we've become. Someone should have given the seat up for the babies safety if nothing else.

But because all southerner are puffs i don't think they actually have to.

No.

What a lovely society we have been made to become.  The media, government, and people like her wanted multiculturalism and equality.  Well fuck you - you can have both in spades.  You're being treated exactly the same as you would in lots and lots of non english cultures.  enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wherebee said:

No.

What a lovely society we have been made to become.  The media, government, and people like her wanted multiculturalism and equality.  Well fuck you - you can have both in spades.  You're being treated exactly the same as you would in lots and lots of non english cultures.  enjoy.

Oh yes i agree, but id still give a seat up for a mother with a baby, but this is normal behaviour for London, surprised anyone looked sideways to see she was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wherebee said:

No.

What a lovely society we have been made to become.  The media, government, and people like her wanted multiculturalism and equality.  Well fuck you - you can have both in spades.  You're being treated exactly the same as you would in lots and lots of non english cultures.  enjoy.

xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Banned said:

Oh yes i agree, but id still give a seat up for a mother with a baby, but this is normal behaviour for London, surprised anyone looked sideways to see she was there.

I think she would have moved to another carriage to get the pictures that she wanted though? When I get bus (rarely) people always make way. When I am driving, in most cases we let each other out. And this is in Southampton! 

London might be a different kettle of fish. Too many people in too small a space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If my experience with mothers with young children on trains is anything to go by I would  happily give them my seat and stand in another carriage just so I can get way from their wailing kids.

Incidentally should her target not be the rail companies that took her money and then failed to provide enough seats not the other passengers on the train.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally true about the invisible disabilities though. A mate at work has a colostomy and doing things with the bag is a lot easier in a disabled toilet. He doesn't look disabled though. 

I always use the disabled toilets myself as I like the extra space and the ability to wash the bits of your choice afterwards i.e. not just wash your hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.