• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
UmBongo

The Ginger Whinger

CE's old nickname from the 1990s perhaps thought up by a disgruntled worker of his. Well I'm quite pleased that he is leaving R2...

CE leaves R2 for Virgin Radio

I only ever got to listen to a bit of his Radio 2 show (usually in the car going to work at around 8am to 8.25am) and I think it's pretty dull and repetitive.

He keeps talking over the tunes he play as well. They don't even get to the 2nd verse by the time he starts pontificating.

I wonder who is going to replace him? :/ Chris Moyles maybe. xD

5 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Unless Moyles has had gender re-assignment surgery fat chance. Will definitely be a woman.

Hmmm...I never considered that. o.O You may probably be right. Interesting.  :/

Should just put re runs of Wogan on. I used to think the bloke on late in the afternoon was tolerable then they put that middle class female drone by his side to get listeners to go to other stations.

Really is time that BBC radio was entirely privatised, not as if they do anything different to the other channels.

26 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

CE's old nickname from the 1990s perhaps thought up by a disgruntled worker of his. Well I'm quite pleased that he is leaving R2...

I only ever got to listen to a bit of his Radio 2 show (usually in the car going to work at around 8am to 8.25am) and I think it's pretty dull and repetitive.

He keeps talking over the tunes he play as well. They don't even get to the 2nd verse by the time he starts pontificating.

Sara Cox or Zoe Ball* I recon.

Its horribly white and male forever.

* Or whatever her name is now.

11 minutes ago, Banned said:

Should just put re runs of Wogan on. I used to think the bloke on late in the afternoon was tolerable then they put that middle class female drone by his side to get listeners to go to other stations.

Really is time that BBC radio was entirely privatised, not as if they do anything different to the other channels.

Fucking whiny bint Jo Whiley... fucked up the Simon Mayo show :(

Edited by Cosmic Apple

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Yes she's the one, the dull girl from school who somehow got into show business.

There is no chemistry between them whatsoever, Mayo ought to leave and sue the fuckers for constructive dismissal.

Quite why those paying for the  licence fee need to fund 2 peoples lives instead of 1 is ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Banned said:

Yes she's the one, the dull girl from school who somehow got into show business.

There is no chemistry between them whatsoever, Mayo ought to leave and sue the fuckers for constructive dismissal.

Quite why those paying for the  licence fee need to fund 2 peoples lives instead of 1 is ridiculous.

Don't like Chris Evans but I'd be happy to see him destroy the beebs ratings.

Just glad I have AUX in and Spotify :)

8 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Ha! Funny you brought that up...

I started listening to Simon Mayo's Radio 2 show about a year ago and I really got into it. A very engaging show that was well structured and seem to fly by very quickly. Loved the 'confessions' (laughed like a drain at some of them) and I even enjoyed the sports news with Matt Williams...and I'm not a big sports fan. The dry wit and banter between Simon and Matt and Bobbie too was pretty good. Every couple of weeks on a Tuesday between 6.05pm and 6.30pm they would have 'Tunesday' where listeners could call in to request longer songs that were not always radio friendly. As a fan of progressive rock this was a treat for me.

So with Simon's revamped show with Jo, Matt Williams moved on ( hopefully to better things), they dropped the 'Tunesday' >:( and the clever '5 songs around a common theme' thing that was a clever feature. I did give the new format a try but I find it a bit of a slog and not as engaging as before. :(

I've just been getting into '6 Music' which is pretty ace. I'll put that on while at home. However, I'm restricted to the analogue radio stations in my car so now I'll play a CD instead the CE show is on going to work and again on the way home when Simon and Jo's show is on.

24 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Sara Cox or Zoe Ball* I recon.

Its horribly white and male forever.

* Or whatever her name is now.

I saw a bbc ad with Whiley in it.

Nice arse.

Hate the way the So-Called BBC have gradually forced Sara Cox on us and to an extent, succeeded, where similar others such as Vernon Kay have failed. Anyone familiar with late night viewing in the 90's will remember Sara Cox as just one of many potty mouthed "ladettes", who were only on TV cos they were young, blonde, and willing to tell knob / BJ gags to a late night TV audience on shows like The Word. Absolute ZERO talent apart from being cock sure of herself. Now constantly banging on about 80's music and introducing Spandau Ballet - Gold as if its a long lost musical treasure from the dusty archives of some musical aficionado.

She'll end up a Dame in my lifetime as well. Terrible.

58 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I saw a bbc ad with Whiley in it.

Nice arse.

Got to admit I used to have a bit of a thing for Jo Whiley - twenty years ago.

55 minutes ago, Rowley said:

Anyone familiar with late night viewing in the 90's will remember Sara Cox as just one of many potty mouthed "ladettes", who were only on TV cos they were young, blonde, and willing to tell knob / BJ gags to a late night TV audience on shows like The Word.

She ain't no Katie Puckrick, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, UmBongo said:

Ha! Funny you brought that up...

I started listening to Simon Mayo's Radio 2 show about a year ago and I really got into it. A very engaging show that was well structured and seem to fly by very quickly. Loved the 'confessions' (laughed like a drain at some of them) and I even enjoyed the sports news with Matt Williams...and I'm not a big sports fan. The dry wit and banter between Simon and Matt and Bobbie too was pretty good. Every couple of weeks on a Tuesday between 6.05pm and 6.30pm they would have 'Tunesday' where listeners could call in to request longer songs that were not always radio friendly. As a fan of progressive rock this was a treat for me.

So with Simon's revamped show with Jo, Matt Williams moved on ( hopefully to better things), they dropped the 'Tunesday' >:( and the clever '5 songs around a common theme' thing that was a clever feature. I did give the new format a try but I find it a bit of a slog and not as engaging as before. :(

I've just been getting into '6 Music' which is pretty ace. I'll put that on while at home. However, I'm restricted to the analogue radio stations in my car so now I'll play a CD instead the CE show is on going to work and again on the way home when Simon and Jo's show is on.

Exactly this.  I picked up the Simon Mayo show about two years' ago and it was an absolute gem.

Whilst I think Jo Whiley is good from back in the days when I used to like her and Steve LeMacq shoving her onto this show as co-presenter ruined it.  I tried a few times but it was dull and haven't listened for several months; I switch between local radio and Classic FM which is what I always used to listen to on the way home before I found the Simon Mayo show.

7 minutes ago, ccc said:

It's the So-Called BBC. What the fuck is wrong with you people. :Old:

Only one choice. :D

5208488.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Can someone remind me which part of the Korcrapan tells a woman to dress modestly by hiding her hair but must also cake her monica with make-up and ridiculous scouse-brows? 

2 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Surely, Nadiya

Ahh, I see i am late to the party xD

Edited by Hopeful

2 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Not far off. I think the pictures in the article yesterday were:

Richard Bacon

Zoe Ball

Sara Cox

Simon Mayo

I might be wrong about some of them but 3 of those have previously been Radio 1 breakfast show hosts and the other involved in a drugs scandal. Jobs for the boys (or girls). 

CE's relationship with Billie Piper was uber dodgy (if not quite in the Woody Allen ballpark).

2 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Not far off. I think the pictures in the article yesterday were:

Richard Bacon

Zoe Ball

Sara Cox

Simon Mayo

I might be wrong about some of them but 3 of those have previously been Radio 1 breakfast show hosts and the other involved in a drugs scandal. Jobs for the boys (or girls). 

Zoe is Johnny's daughter so gets a free pass from me.

1 hour ago, Rowley said:

Hate the way the So-Called BBC have gradually forced Sara Cox on us and to an extent, succeeded, where similar others such as Vernon Kay have failed. Anyone familiar with late night viewing in the 90's will remember Sara Cox as just one of many potty mouthed "ladettes", who were only on TV cos they were young, blonde, and willing to tell knob / BJ gags to a late night TV audience on shows like The Word. Absolute ZERO talent apart from being cock sure of herself. Now constantly banging on about 80's music and introducing Spandau Ballet - Gold as if its a long lost musical treasure from the dusty archives of some musical aficionado.

She'll end up a Dame in my lifetime as well. Terrible.

I don't know who she is believe it or not. I have heard her name come up though once or twice over last decade or two but that was about it. Just looked her up on youtube. Her accent is terrible and she comes across common as muck (like me). Could forgive that but she obviously has zero talent to boot you can tell that in about 20 seconds. Jesus and people actually listen to her voice on radio? It's like nails on a chalkboard

Problem with Mayo/Whiley and film segments with Mark Kermode is if they play a bit of Oasis and Blur too it's literally like a nineties time warp that's not moved on.