• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

People wanted for part time IT job in the South East

Hours to suit.

The Moderators

•  
  • The Moderators
  • Moderators
  •  
  • 530 posts

This thread is locked  until a moderator is on duty to monitor it.  I believe there is a free for all thread available on other sites.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/230098-explosion-in-manchester/&page=5

:D

I would have thought you could be based anywhere in the world and be able to do this job.  Maybe even at gchq. 

I like the way they allude to here but do not post a link or any information. A mixed blessing as we might get the loons coming over. O.o

I'd apply Frank.

But there's no way they would let me say "fuck" and "cunt" all the time over there - even though I find it so cathartic.

So I guess I'll just stay-put here on DOSBODS...

;)

XYY

23 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I'd apply Frank.

But there's no way they would let me say "fuck" and "cunt" all the time over there - even though I find it so cathartic.

;)

XYY

Who you calling a catholic?  

23 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Put in my application already. 

:Jumping:

I'll give you a reference.

Could offer to run their servers for them whilst you are at it.:D

No need to take pot shots at HPC - they've made their position very clear.

HPC are not trying to censor the entire internet - just the little bit that they pay for. Their money, their playground, their rules. I don't agree with what they did, but then I've never given any money to that forum so I've fucking nothing to complain about really.

Spunko set up this forum. His money, his rules - I'm sure he's got rules too - although I'm not too clear what they are yet.

Edited by DeepLurker

I suspect it run by some poor IT guy on his own who has shit loads of other jobs to do, just wants a coffee, then gets loads of shit from off topic posters who use bad language, shit cunt fart bastard and tbh cant be arsed with looking through threads. 

Like here for example, you come back after a few hours on other stuff and the manchester thread has another 15 pages of comments to read... No wonder he locked it.

2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I'd apply Frank.

;)

Your wifey could apply to become a moderator over at Mumsnet.

She just has to say that she's a female transgendered north eastern person with a mental disability (Tourettes) who gets verbally abused by her misogynistic husband.

... and the job's in the bag!

1 hour ago, DeepLurker said:

No need to take pot shots at HPC - they've made their position very clear.

HPC are not trying to censor the entire internet - just the little bit that they pay for. Their money, their playground, their rules. I don't agree with what they did, but then I've never given any money to that forum so I've fucking nothing to complain about really.

Spunko set up this forum. His money, his rules - I'm sure he's got rules too - although I'm not too clear what they are yet.

You didn't read the small print on signing up?  One blow job per member per year?  

You're up in three weeks.

Just now, Fossildog said:

I must be tight with my reps as I never run out!

xD most bloody days but especially with this current carp. There are some excellent posters on here and it's nice to be able to say in a shorthand way I agree. 

9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Hours to suit.

The Moderators

•  
  • The Moderators
  • Moderators
  •  
  • 530 posts

This thread is locked  until a moderator is on duty to monitor it.  I believe there is a free for all thread available on other sites.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/230098-explosion-in-manchester/&page=5

:D

Yeah, because it must take hours to go through the 10 posts a day that make up HPC OT nowadays.

I just thought it was funny.  If you're going to lock something because you don't want it debated then just say so; it's been said before.  Don't come up with "the dog ate my homework" type excuse.

Moderation resource is never a problem if you are prepared to trust some of your regular users to be moderators.  They do it for free.  There were a couple of great mods but as they left they weren't replaced.

It's a question of trust and treating your long term posters like adults rather than as naughty children who just cannot be left on their own.

19 hours ago, Green Devil said:

I suspect it run by some poor IT guy on his own who has shit loads of other jobs to do, just wants a coffee, then gets loads of shit from off topic posters who use bad language, shit cunt fart bastard and tbh cant be arsed with looking through threads. 

Like here for example, you come back after a few hours on other stuff and the manchester thread has another 15 pages of comments to read... No wonder he locked it.

I dont really have too much sympathy for the owner(s) of HPC - they went for white label hosting rather than something fully under their own control and as a result have landed themlselves a whole host of moderation headaches.