• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Malthus

WTF is wrong with people

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

?

latest.jpg

We had some weird fecker wandering around Epping forest chopping down young trees.  I never saw him but from descriptions I thought he might look like a much older version of this. Kind of practising his skills for the upcoming apocalypse. 

40 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

?

latest.jpg

He had a point though, he was running from the nazis chasing the holy grail, perhaps the best thing our vandals could do would be cut it and fall into the water below never to be seen again? Prolly save some time of the local dole office pen-pusher too.

4 hours ago, SNACR said:

Interesting reflection on society's health and safety culture that so many people flock to something like this.

It's perfectly safe , the bridge is made of steel cables and rope 

as long as some arseholes don't vandalise it 

Nearby Carnlough harbour and Ballintoy and Port Stewart were used in Game of Thrones as was The Dark Hedges so it is certainly possible the bridge was used. The bridge is amazing and very popular despite the car park for it being a short trek away. Shame these idiots are motivated to do such things.

The coast along there is absolutely stunning and I recommend it if you haven't visited. Giants causeway, Fairhead and of course Bushmills distillery all worth a visit.

Edited by man o' the year

4 hours ago, SNACR said:

Interesting reflection on society's health and safety culture that so many people flock to something like this.

I read that it featured on Game of Thrones therefore it attracted loads of people. 

Am I the only one who finds it odd that some people would specifically go on a trip to look at something they saw on the telly?

Salford Quays is on the tellybox all the time as the background on the news. Fucked if I'm driving down to have a look at it though. 

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I read that it featured on Game of Thrones therefore it attracted loads of people. 

Am I the only one who finds it odd that some people would specifically go on a trip to look at something they saw on the telly?

Salford Quays is on the tellybox all the time as the background on the news. Fucked if I'm driving down to have a look at it though. 

:D

In the spirit of the thread title - I was actually contemplating starting a thread on this. Several times now on picking my daughter up from school, some strange person coming the other way in a Suzuki Swift has made a great show of shielding their face with their hand whilst flashing their headlights at me. It's happened maybe five or six times now at different places along the same road. WTF could possibly give?

1 hour ago, Malthus said:

It's perfectly safe , the bridge is made of steel cables and rope 

as long as some arseholes don't vandalise it 

I'm sure it's safe enough but I think the perception of those making a special trip is it is risky. There definitely seems to be an appetite to seek out these sorts of things.

There's a walk along planks, basically just nailed into the side of a cliff, in China, that attracts a lot of tourists, again perfectly safe as they wear safety harnesses. Having said that I did see some YouTube video where some utter fucktard seemed to be really pleased with himself by discovering, when moving between safety cables, on the cliff face, he could save loads of time by unclipping both hooks together and moving them across at the same time.

9 minutes ago, eight said:

In the spirit of the thread title - I was actually contemplating starting a thread on this. Several times now on picking my daughter up from school, some strange person coming the other way in a Suzuki Swift has made a great show of shielding their face with their hand whilst flashing their headlights at me. It's happened maybe five or six times now at different places along the same road. WTF could possibly give?

You've got your headlamps on full beam?

32 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I'm sure it's safe enough but I think the perception of those making a special trip is it is risky. There definitely seems to be an appetite to seek out these sorts of things.

There's a walk along planks, basically just nailed into the side of a cliff, in China, that attracts a lot of tourists, again perfectly safe as they wear safety harnesses. Having said that I did see some YouTube video where some utter fucktard seemed to be really pleased with himself by discovering, when moving between safety cables, on the cliff face, he could save loads of time by unclipping both hooks together and moving them across at the same time.

Via Ferratas, I've done a couple in the Alps.

I don't mind saying that I had an arse like a hungry bunnies nose doing that. If you don't like heights, it's probably best avoided.

We were clipped on to a wire though, anyone playing silly bollocks by unclipping is a worthy Darwin Award candidate. The people I would feel very sorry for, if he fell, would be the rescue services who'd have to hose him off the rocks and take him away in multiple sandwich bags.

31 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

You've got your headlamps on full beam?

Er.... that's the thing. No, obviously. The car does have running lights but I don't think they're particularly dazzling or anything - they certainly don't provoke any reaction from other road users. I think it's just a case of being singled out for attention by the local fruitcake.

Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

Via Ferratas, I've done a couple in the Alps.

I don't mind saying that I had an arse like a hungry bunnies nose doing that. If you don't like heights, it's probably best avoided.

We were clipped on to a wire though, anyone playing silly bollocks by unclipping is a worthy Darwin Award candidate. The people I would feel very sorry for, if he fell, would be the rescue services who'd have to hose him off the rocks and take him away in multiple sandwich bags.

I'II try and find the video later, I don't think he was doing a 'look at me no hands' thing just genuinely didn't understand the concept of two clips.

You get it a lot with employees where they cover some safety sensor, on a machine or something, with tape because it's making their job a bit slower/harder. They honestly don't see the safety ramifications more the sensor was some weird design quirk of the manufacturer and can't understand why they and all other operators have not seen the light in bypassing it.

5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I'II try and find the video later, I don't think he was doing a 'look at me no hands' thing just genuinely didn't understand the concept of two clips.

You get it a lot with employees where they cover some safety sensor, on a machine or something, with tape because it's making their job a bit slower/harder. They honestly don't see the safety ramifications more the sensor was some weird design quirk of the manufacturer and can't understand why they and all other operators have not seen the light in bypassing it.

I have industrial machinery now. My life is infinitely more thrilling!

7 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I don't get why feral teens delight in setting fire to the big wheelie bins. Just doesn't seem to have any upside for anyone.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

16 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I don't get why feral teens delight in setting fire to the big wheelie bins. Just doesn't seem to have any upside for anyone.

Possibly someone who filled it full of expensive to dispose of waste before they the 'feral teens' set fire to it.

1 minute ago, SNACR said:

Possibly someone who filled it full of expensive to dispose of waste before they the 'feral teens' set fire to it.

That probably does happen, but I've seen teens do it plenty of times too. I used to live in a block of flats in Bracknell where it was a frequent event. The police used to send a car over and make halfhearted effort to catch them. Once in a blue moon they'd converge a bunch of cars to try and surround them, but they never seemed to catch them.