• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SpectrumFX

Police are very close to 'losing the streets'

It must be deliberate  - we'll vote for the EU police force. Please, we must remain!

Why hasn't our Prime Minister come out on a podium and said enough is enough. It's time to be tough on crime? Huh Huh Huh HUHH!?!

Edited by 201p

They have more than enough money the issue is one of resource allocation like all government services. 

Mind we do need a second amendment like in the USA too 

Just now, One percent said:

We need a proper constitution like they have in America. 

We do but the interesting thing with rights are that they are inherent regardless of if they are written down or not. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

We need a proper constitution like they have in America. 

Maybe we'll get one next year. B| :P

2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

We do but the interesting thing with rights are that they are inherent regardless of if they are written down or not. 

Nope.

That's pure bollocks.  There is no such thing as a human right excepting what humans have documented exists.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Example?  I’m not sure I follow. 

My point is the right to life, to self defense, freedom of speech, association etc are inherent they are not granted by governments or pieces of paper. Sadly governments and people do not understand this at all. 

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

Nope.

That's pure bollocks.  There is no such thing as a human right excepting what humans have documented exists.

Going to have to agree to disagree laws are just writings on a bit of paper, you can pass one, I can pass one. The trick is in making people believe it has some special meaning. It does not change the fact that as long as I do not impact other people (theft murder etc) I have what ever rights I want. Of course the trouble is no one believes this as we are conditioned not too by schooling, media etc 

2 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

You're sounding dangerously like Injin there!

I thought that as I wrote it, but it is still true. Most of the things we follow have nothing backing them up apart from the majority of people follow along thinking they do 

3 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I thought that as I wrote it, but it is still true. Most of the things we follow have nothing backing them up apart from the majority of people follow along thinking they do 

The law is a fiction.

You have the rights you are willing to defend. 

5 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

All that community outreach by the police doesn't seem to be having the desired effect. Can't imagine why.

I did notice they didn't do anything like that this year. 2017's attempts to join in were so obviously staged. Perhaps the social media backlash has had some effect.