DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The cost of energy

invalid

I've got money in both Greencoat Wind and The Renewables, Britains biggest windfarm owners and FTSE 250 companies so you would suppose shares on both would have crashed due to lack of wind. Nope they  are both at all time highs, having risen 10% over the summer excluding the 6 to 7% annual yield because profits are double on high energy prices. Share movements tend to be counter-intuitive which is why I am generally rubbish at picking them.

43 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

I've got money in both Greencoat Wind and The Renewables, Britains biggest windfarm owners and FTSE 250 companies so you would suppose shares on both would have crashed due to lack of wind. Nope they  are both at all time highs, having risen 10% over the summer excluding the 6 to 7% annual yield because profits are double on high energy prices. Share movements tend to be counter-intuitive which is why I am generally rubbish at picking them.

Yes, something I've learnt over the years is that share prices do not always react as expected to certain news - although there normally is a reason for it. E.g. 'good news' anounced but shares go down, reason is the market has already priced in 'very good news'.

Wind farms are nicely hedged I guess, less wind mean less energy to sell but balanced out by prices going higher.

I don't think investing in renewables was a rubbish pick.

On 13/09/2018 at 01:48, macca said:

Renewables?

onshore wind $40 per MWH

solar $50 per MWH (and getting cheaper as technology and production advances)

offshore wind $60 per MWH

Gas $60 per MWH

Coal $102 per MWH

Nuclear $148 per MWH

Good job we are not building any new nuclear power stations in the UK.. otherwise our electrical prices would go through the roof!

Erm - Hinkley C is on Schedule to go live in 2025. 

Archived