DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Investing In Maturing Whisky

DoINeedOne

First post. I have been looking at this after buying then selling shares in brewdog a few years back. 

In particular, the Lakes distillery - google. 

Might be a good idea as a diversification plan. And a good doomsday one too.

22 minutes ago, stuckmojo said:

First post. I have been looking at this after buying then selling shares in brewdog a few years back. 

In particular, the Lakes distillery - google. 

Might be a good idea as a diversification plan. And a good doomsday one too.

Welcome!

Just wondering- how did you find us?

Sorry, just being nosy really.

7 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Welcome!

Just wondering- how did you find us?

Sorry, just being nosy really.

Was looking for a high quality financial/property forum and come from one of the "historical" ones.

2 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Whilst I was on BullionVault this morning I saw a link to this similar layout same guy whos behind BullionVault according to companies house

Just thought was an interesting idea, Anyone Involved

https://www.whiskyinvestdirect.com/

There's more and more new distilleries opening in Scotland, indeed we're at the highest number operating since the 1920s, I believe.

Whether this is a good thing long term or not, I'm unsure, but a lot of the distilleries that were mothballed in the 70s and 80s have reopened, some under the continued ownership of the large distillers, and some under new, local management.

There's also brand new ones doing well, such as Kingsbarns near St. Andrews, and the Isle of Harris Distillery, which whilst it's waiting to bottle it's first single malts, is supplementing income by producing and selling gin in absolutely beautiful bottles.

Yep loads are doing gin now as well.

Due to the drop in Whisky prices (Maybe a lesson there) a while back - they decided to make gin as well as they could produce far faster and make use of their equipment rather than sitting their idle.

So I believe anyway. 

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

Scam.

Like single hotel rooms, ostriches.

What's wrong with single hotel rooms? Boils my piss when I get an email "Xmas Market in Winterwonderlandia only £99*"

"based on 2 sharing

7 hours ago, Funn3r said:

What's wrong with single hotel rooms? Boils my piss when I get an email "Xmas Market in Winterwonderlandia only £99*"

"based on 2 sharing

No, subgle hotel rooims is not the cant get a shag types.

The finance rules let you produce a totally distorte business where you can avoid security laws by selling single units of stuff rather than the a whole company.

So a sam distillery sells single casks.

A hotel sells individual rooms - Holiday room btl.

Ostrich farms sell individual ostriches.

14 hours ago, spygirl said:

Scam.

Like single hotel rooms, ostriches.

I don't see how it's a scam; though I also don't see how there's much money to be made in it when both the time to bottling and sale price are very predictable.

I suppose it serves as a hedge against inflation.

11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I don't see how it's a scam; though I also don't see how there's much money to be made in it when both the time to bottling and sale price are very predictable.

I suppose it serves as a hedge against inflation.

Rather than try and sell equity in the distillery, they sell indiviudal barrels.

If I sell a share in Spy Juice whisky then I just cannot make up crap about it - itll return 20% etc etc.

If I sell a barrel/non shared unt then I can say what I like, and people in  thses schemes do.

What the fuck woud you do with a hiogshead of whisky or whatnot?

Youve got to get it store, decant it.

Nuts.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Rather than try and sell equity in the distillery, they sell indiviudal barrels.

If I sell a share in Spy Juice whisky then I just cannot make up crap about it - itll return 20% etc etc.

If I sell a barrel/non shared unt then I can say what I like, and people in  thses schemes do.

What the fuck woud you do with a hiogshead of whisky or whatnot?

Youve got to get it store, decant it.

Nuts.

I've known people do it; more for the down the pub bragging factor than anything else TBF.

Archived