• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Chewing Grass

Whats the best or most unusual thing you have bought on Ebay

9 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

A new bearing for my tumble dryer.

An offset espagnolette window locking mechanism.

Rubber ice-axe cover.

Ice axe.

EBay is my go-to for random shit.

Are you Ramón Mercader?  o.O

41 minutes ago, One percent said:

Are you Ramón Mercader?  o.O

I had to Google that.

I had no idea Trotsky was killed with an ice-axe! Jesus that's a grim weapon to use.

Every day is a school day.

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

I’ve acquired a lot of decent used stuff off eBay over the years.

My most unusual purchase was 6 standing stones for my garden.

What proper ones or reproductions?  Sound great 

35 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I had to Google that.

I had no idea Trotsky was killed with an ice-axe! Jesus that's a grim weapon to use.

Every day is a school day.

31 minutes ago, One percent said:

The weapon used to kill Lev Bronstein (to give him his real, Jewish name) is usually described as an ice pick.

I think more this kinda thing than an ice axe or climbing tool :

166-ic79.jpg

They were used to break up chunks of ice into smaller pieces.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

What proper ones or reproductions?  Sound great 

Proper ones. When I was thinking about the idea for a feature I could only find slate ones at around £50 each. Luckily someone on eBay had listed six natural standing stones that were all different types of stone and similar heights, around 2ft, at £10 each. Nobody else bid for them so the stones cost me £60 and the cost of getting them sent to me on a pallet. I think that was about £80.

I think I’ve posted a picture before on here before but can’t find it on my device. 

5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

The weapon used to kill Lev Bronstein (to give him his real, Jewish name) is usually described as an ice pick.

I think more this kinda thing than an ice axe or climbing tool :

166-ic79.jpg

They were used to break up chunks of ice into smaller pieces.

Bloody pedants. Invading dosdods. xD

tbf, my only knowledge com S from that song. xD

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Proper ones. When I was thinking about the idea for a feature I could only find slate ones at around £50 each. Luckily someone on eBay had listed six natural standing stones that were all different types of stone and similar heights, around 2ft, at £10 each. Nobody else bid for them so the stones cost me £60 and the cost of getting them sent to me on a pallet. I think that was about £80.

I think I’ve posted a picture before on here before but can’t find it on my device. 

Brilliant and saved for posterity. Would love to seethe picture when you find it. Not sure I have seen it. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Bloody pedants. Invading dosdods. xD

tbf, my only knowledge com S from that song. xD

Brilliant and saved for posterity. Would love to seethe picture when you find it. Not sure I have seen it. 

Okay, in the next couple of days I’ll take a pic and post it on this thread.

11 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Here’s a picture of the standing stones @One percent

EE377F5F-9AC8-4A1F-9628-F3AC82AE1BC9.jpeg

On 06/11/2018 at 21:06, One percent said:

That single was released in the same week I was born, or the week after (just to make you all feel old!).

Love the keyboard playing in this.

3 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

A grandfather clock suspension spring.

A cheap and effective repair for damage done during a house move

I've just put a new suspension spring in my clock, which will annoy XYY, as it is French.

11 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I've just put a new suspension spring in my clock, which will annoy XYY, as it is French.

Have you also put a new pendulum in your car?

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Not as much as that new "Prince Albert" you've just installed between your nob-end and your bollocks Jimmy Somerville.

Being French is one thing - being as bent as "une note de neuf bob" is quite another...!!!

;)

XYY

13 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Not as much as that new "Prince Albert" you've just installed between your nob-end and your bollocks Jimmy Somerville.

Being French is one thing - being as bent as "une note de neuf bob" is quite another...!!!

;)

XYY

I know as a discerning gentleman you need and use only the best, so it may very well  be French going by the name but I know you must use 'Davlyn Black'.