• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Chewing Grass

Whats the best or most unusual thing you have bought on Ebay

1 hour ago, satch said:

I know as a discerning gentleman you need and use only the best, so it may very well  be French going by the name but I know you must use 'Davlyn Black'.

:)

Fuck off you daft twat - I clearly have no need of this skanky product of which you speak...!!!

I imbibe only the finest Johnnie Walker Black - triple-filtered through the hymens of a thousand virgins...

;)

XYY

11 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

I imbibe only the finest Johnnie Walker Black - triple-filtered through the hymens of a thousand virgins...

Whereas, our muslim friends in the Gulf prefer Red Label. Judging by the empty cartons I used to regularly see discarded by my local mosque...

1 hour ago, UmBongo said:

A book on classic Citroen ID & DS road tests during it's manufacture (1955-75). If only I could afford a proper working one!

Do people still buy old car books?

My mum has these and I don't know if it's worth putting them on ebay. 

2018-12-22 14.13.31.jpg

2018-12-22 14.13.34.jpg

3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Do people still buy old car books?

My mum has these and I don't know if it's worth putting them on ebay.

Yes, definately worth a shot! :) Either someone with an old classic or a collector of such material.

27 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Yes, definately worth a shot! :) Either someone with an old classic or a collector of such material.

OK I'll let her know. It'll probably be me doing them though :(

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

OK I'll let her know. It'll probably be me doing them though :(

This section (and then subsections) will perhaps be most suitable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Car-Manuals-Literature/36085/bn_1841049

List them for 99p + postage and hopefully they will sell quickly.

You could try joining a car forum maybe as they will have a 'for sale' section.

Edited by UmBongo
add link (oops)

Posted (edited)

According to the missus, everything I buy on eBay is "weird". It's mostly electronics parts, tools, materials, etc. Over 2000 purchases in 6 years and almost none of it would be considered "normal".

One day I walked into the house and she's got a confused look on her face, holding a very large flat parcel with my name on it, I just said "sheet aluminium", she called me a weirdo :(

Another day I ordered a Haynes manual for a MK4 Ford Cortina, she took one look and said "isn't your is car is a Mondeo? you don't even own one of these!!!!" :D

When a squishy parcel turned up, I opened it in the kitchen and out flopped 2 meters of 13mm silicone tubing, she looked really confused and started rolling her eyes, so I winked and said "you'll find out later" :D

Edited by Snark

2 hours ago, Snark said:

According to the missus, everything I buy on eBay is "weird". It's mostly electronics parts, tools, materials, etc. Over 2000 purchases in 6 years and almost none of it would be considered "normal".

I think we had 6 big bottles of isopropyl turn up one day for him indoors. 
Turned out it was cheaper to buy it in bulk so he did. Mate up the road had a bottle or two off him.
We regularly get tiny packets from china with almost nothing in them. 

8 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Turned out it was cheaper to buy it in bulk so he did. Mate up the road had a bottle or two off him.

Sounds familiar :D

Actually need some IPA as well :p

Just now, Snark said:

Sounds familiar :D

Actually need some IPA as well :p

He got some chips made once rather than making them himself (which he does do occasionally) and he got something 3d printed (before he got his own 3d printer) but they're normal for norfolk as they'd say.

The oddest thing that ever came through the post to me was a carrot. An affiliate marketing ploy to create interest about something. 

I buy lots of odd vintage Ebay items on behalf of my brother. The last few things were: a pack of 6 x 1960s metal aeroplanes which you put caps in to make them go bang (Ebay tend to delete auctions for caps, but some slip through the net.)..vintage toy pistols, cap guns, camping stool, industrial lightshade, and an Aldis slide projector.

My oddest things were probably the magic mushrooms which were sent from Amsterdam; legal a few years ago.O.o

On 04/01/2019 at 13:24, sarahbell said:

Yes, I've bought that, and I admire your old car books.