• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

Don't look back in anger

Ignoring this is not the correct response. It can't be the correct response, because that's exactly what the media and the authorities want them to do.

She should be placing an order on Amazon for a couple of baseball bats.

Just now, THE MAJOR said:

Ignoring this is not the correct response. It can't be the correct response, because that's exactly what the media and the authorities want them to do.

She should be placing an order on Amazon for a couple of baseball bats.

Cricket bats, you colonial reprobate!:o

Just now, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Basically, if we all get a Tattoo,  light a candle and sing in harmony, everthing will be alright.

Cool.

Yeah 

I want to go and stand in St Anne's Square with a placard that says "Don't waste money on flowers" but suspect I'd be lynched.

I think it's also partly denial. A minutes silence, sing a few songs... that's all we need to do apparently and everything is back to normal. It helps delay the difficult decisions and real action needed to eliminate this threat.

I was quiet until I saw Andy Burnhams face. Then I discovered momentarily what it feels like to have severe Tourette's.

Edited by Reck B

What do people do? A vigil is usually a pointless gesture. It's well maent, but so!

The bloke was a fruit loop, and didn't value his own life, so what thought would he have for other people!

5 minutes ago, East London Guy said:

I think it's also partly denial.

Nobody in my office has even mentioned the attacks since they happened. I think this thing's happening so frequently now that people are de-sensitized to it, or they just don't give a shit if it doesn't involve their family directly. (taking part in Virtue Signalling exercises doesn't equate to actually giving a shit)

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Nobody in my office has even mentioned the attacks since they happened. I think this thing's happening so frequently now that people are de-sensitized to it, or they just don't give a shit if it doesn't involve their family directly. (taking part in Virtue Signalling exercises doesn't equate to actually giving a shit)

Yep, no union flags on my faceache and hardly anyone is talking about it. I'm hoping that means that people are starting to see that the problem is Islam but are too worried to talk about it.

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Hardly mentioned at my work either. Did not do the one minute silence and neither did management try to encourage it any anyway. It might be partly to do with being based in London and so the reaction was a collective sigh of relief that it happened somewhere else. 

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Was NI that different? Excuse my ignorance for I have never been there.:o

13 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

My 8 year old daughter came home from school after the Paris attacks and wanted to talk about it - the school had obviously discussed it during the day. Westminster bridge attacks too. 

This one, nothing.

Edit to add, I'm not complaining that they haven't spoken to the children about it. To be honest, I'd rather be the one who decides what to say and if to say it (same with sex education). I just find it odd that they haven't talked about Manchester.

Edited by Reck B

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Was NI that different? Excuse my ignorance for I have never been there.:o

When we were being slaughtered in NI, we weren't too afraid to talk about it afterwards. I remember the moment that I heard about the Omagh bomb - 29 dead, there were photos of the carnage, albeit not the absolute goriest ones but enough to show you the horror of it. I think we are detached from the horror of these things these days unless we experience it or have a loved one caught in it.

Step back a couple of decades and the news used to show the true horror of the terror attacks in/by NI folk - police officers shoveling body parts into bin bags, the lot. (I wasn't alive of course, my parents lived through this).

And there was no fucking virtue signalling back then.

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

When we were being slaughtered in NI, we weren't too afraid to talk about it afterwards. I remember the moment that I heard about the Omagh bomb - 29 dead, there were photos of the carnage, albeit not the absolute goriest ones but enough to show you the horror of it. I think we are detached from the horror of these things these days unless we experience it or have a loved one caught in it.

Step back a couple of decades and the news used to show the true horror of the terror attacks in/by NI folk - police officers shoveling body parts into bin bags, the lot. (I wasn't alive of course, my parents lived through this).

And there was no fucking virtue signalling back then.

This is the key difference in the establishment response. The IRA were demonised, the current crop not even mentioned by name. 

1 hour ago, Reck B said:

Watched a bit of it earlier and was bemused by the round of applause after the 2 minutes silence.

Totally weird behaviour imo.

SKY News Kay Burley reporting from Manchester last night - fair amount of heckling against unity.

Possibly the applause was to congratulate everybody's successful virtue-signalling this time.