• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Prepping (for Brexit)

Have decided to boost my larder with extra dried stuff (well stocked with canned) after the weekends scareganda in the media so I can last six weeks without having to fight the local retards in the supermarket for basics.

Have also added some bagged popcorn to the list as comfort food while I watch the mayhem of the fuckwitts.

In 2008 I was an OO with a big house and I had loads. Garage was replete of sacks of rice from Costco, stacks of 24-packs of beans, all sorts. The world didn't collapse as I expected and it took several years to use it all up.

This time I'm a renter in a tiny flat so just have to shove what I can under the bed.

Yep, I prepped early.  A few weeks of buying extra and I have a cupboard full of tinned food and a maxi pack of toilet rolls in the workshop.

I don't see any serious supply-led shortages but people panic buy at the slightest thing  so I wanted to be in the position of being able to avoid the shops for a month.

I haven't put any water in reserve as it beats me how that could be affected.

If there's a fuel shortage then I can work from home for weeks.

Sorted.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yep, I prepped early.  A few weeks of buying extra and I have a cupboard full of tinned food and a maxi pack of toilet rolls in the workshop.

I don't see any serious supply-led shortages but people panic buy at the slightest thing  so I wanted to be in the position of being able to avoid the shops for a month.

I haven't put any water in reserve as it beats me how that could be affected.

If there's a fuel shortage then I can work from home for weeks.

Sorted.

If there is a fuel shortage, I’ve a bloody good excuse for not going to work. 👍

1 hour ago, One percent said:

If there is a fuel shortage, I’ve a bloody good excuse for not going to work. 👍

Bollocks, I can walk to work. However thinking  further about this it will probably be too dangerous with all the zombies wandering around looking for the last tin of meatballs that @stokiescum is hoarding.

Edited by Dipsy

2 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Bollocks, I can walk to work. However thinking about further about this it will probably be too dangerous with all the zombies wandering around looking for the last tin of meatballs that @stokiescum is hoarding.

You could just say that you had relocated to stay with stokie so that you didn’t starve to death. 

2 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Bollocks, I can walk to work. However thinking about further about this it will probably be too dangerous with all the zombies wandering around looking for the last tin of meatballs that @stokiescum is hoarding.

the big problem is geting in gravy ones,everywhere does in tomato sauce.poundland does fray bentos ones at 2 tins for a quid.

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

You could just say that you had relocated to stay with stokie so that you didn’t starve to death. 

im even thinking of buying an undercounter freezer to fill the void since my last one died 18 months ago,its a handy place to store books and beer next to the fridge ie a big gap.but i reckon i could get 45 ready meals in one at least.thats another 22 days of food at 2 meals a day.

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

True or barricade myself in to the nearest IKEA - death by meatball and Daim bar. No scrap that, nearest IKEA is Croydon, I'd rather take my chances with the zombies.

I shall adopt the following, works for all types of snowflake.

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

im even thinking of buying an undercounter freezer to fill the void since my last one died 18 months ago,its a handy place to store books and beer next to the fridge ie a big gap.but i reckon i could get 45 ready meals in one at least.thats another 22 days of food at 2 meals a day.

The problem is in a TEOTWAWKI event, the power goes out and you lose the lot. Better to have freeze dried stuff. Vesta curries. 

1 minute ago, Dipsy said:

True or barricade myself in to the nearest IKEA - death by meatball and Daim bar. No scrap that, nearest IKEA is Croydon, I'd rather take my chances with the zombies.

I shall adopt the following, works for all types of snowflake.

image.jpeg

Daimler bars. Now you are talking. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

The problem is in a TEOTWAWKI event, the power goes out and you lose the lot. Better to have freeze dried stuff. Vesta curries. 

I think I'd rather eat the books.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

thats armagendon time,thats when i go native up the moors with my macheti.lots of sheep up there you see.you would be surprised how cool you can keep stuff if you dig a hole 2 ft deep and line it with straw.and wood for cooking is easy to get.but by then your going to be attracting the locals for a free barbique.on a seriese note its less hastle to buy a 300 quid caravan and put it in your yard ie cooker built in.but you cant beat tins hot or cold i used to go camping and not bother warming any up.you can buy milk with a long shelf life and live on tins and cereal.for a month easily.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Dunno.  Vesta curry reminds me of my childhood. The treat for Saturday night. My parents knew how to treat us well. xD

I have vague memories of Vesta beef curries in my childhood. My mother, for reasons best known to herself would serve them with a side of sultanas and chopped pineapple!

So long as I can live off jams and pickles and roadkill, and scrumped veg, I'll be ok. If the leccy stays on I also have a freezer full of fish and shellfish, and roadkill.

5 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

thats armagendon time,thats when i go native up the moors with my macheti.lots of sheep up there you see.you would be surprised how cool you can keep stuff if you dig a hole 2 ft deep and line it with straw.and wood for cooking is easy to get.but by then your going to be attracting the locals for a free barbique.on a seriese note its less hastle to buy a 300 quid caravan and put it in your yard ie cooker built in.but you cant beat tins hot or cold i used to go camping and not bother warming any up.you can buy milk with a long shelf life and live on tins and cereal.for a month easily.

I hope ou a going to bring all the dosbodders with you when it all goes to shit. You have some skills there 👍

5 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I have vague memories of Vesta beef curries in my childhood. My mother, for reasons best known to herself would serve them with a side of sultanas and chopped pineapple!

Coz it was exotic?  To think, we saw this as a treat. 

14 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

thats armagendon time,thats when i go native up the moors with my macheti.lots of sheep up there you see.

fuck-off, I know you types with your big choppers prowling the moors, my arse is not your bacon and I'm not ending up on a broom handle kebab

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

I hope ou a going to bring all the dosbodders with you when it all goes to shit. You have some skills there 👍

Coz it was exotic?  To think, we saw this as a treat. 

the best thing is about a caravan particualy if its old is its great storage and often cheaper to buy than a shed has its own toilet,heating is more secure and has a cooker built in.you can let the kids play in it in summer or use it for drunk guests.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

fuck-off, I know you types with your big choppers prowling the moors, my arse is not your bacon and I'm not ending up on a broom handle kebab

prefere sheep not long pig ,but if times get desperate em.

18 minutes ago, One percent said:
22 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Coz it was exotic

That would be a kind interpretation. I would liken her culinary skills more to the old woman in the Vicar of Dibley who put the weird combinations of food together with a dash of lunacy.

I’m getting my last ever German company car delivered next week.

I just hope it doesn’t break down during the lease as parts will surely be impossible to come by (although clearly it doesn’t matter if the emissions control system, indicators etc go, as they’re unused or not used anyway).

Edited by Melchett