• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Bennie seekers mapped

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6151921/Birmingham-accounts-HALF-10-highest-claiming-areas-unemployment-benefits-UK.html

Birmingham accounts for half of the top 10 highest claiming unemployment benefits areas in the UK, according to official figures. 

Five areas of the city feature prominently among a league table of constituencies with the highest proportion of claimants.

Birmingham Ladywood headed the list - with 11.9 per cent of the economically active population receiving unemployment handouts.

Neighbouring Hodge Hill was second with 11.1 per cent, while Erdington was fourth with 9.1 per cent and Perry Bar fifth with 9 per cent.

Birmingham Hall Green came in sixth place - with only Hartlepool in third breaking up the city's dominance of the table.

i wonder if this could be cross referenced to anything else?  Anyhow, full U.K. map below 

76A2B3A3-68C1-4ABE-A385-6EBDDDE0B222.jpeg

Northern Ireland not coming out looking too well, but tbh I'm surprised it wasn't even worse...

EDIT: I had assumed it was disability benefits, not unemployment. Must learn to read.

Edited by JoeDavola

6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Northern Ireland not coming out looking too well, but tbh I'm surprised it wasn't even worse...

EDIT: I had assumed it was disability benefits, not unemployment. Must learn to read.

Job seekers is not the one to look at , ESA and carers allowance are the big ones 

and tax credits obviously 

NI’s economically inactive figures are terrifying, lucky 100,000 migrants were available to fill the jobs that the locals didn’t fancy 😜

Just now, maynardgravy said:

That doesn't even begin to represent the true picture RE: WTC etc. 

No doubt Spy will be along later to elaborate better than I ever could.

Yes exactly. The dole is only a small and insignificant part of the benefits smagasbord. Of course I doubt they would ever release the real map as it would overlay perfectly with the "muslim communities" map.

1 minute ago, maynardgravy said:

That doesn't even begin to represent the true picture RE: WTC etc. 

No doubt Spy will be along later to elaborate better than I ever could.

The whole lots fucked.

Tax credits, if done right, are a good thing - work 38h get 10k difference between being on benefits. No problem; great.

Brown fucked them up. See tax credit sad face by the coolest person the interweb ...

Coincidently theres been loads of 10 years since lehman and crash this week. Rbs admitying that they wont payback Broens loan. Reports that people are 800 les than 10 years ago.

Taxing the finsec was Browns genius idea of funding tax credits. He had to grow it first.....light touch regulation, etc....

Instead of providing tax revenue the banking sector has sucked in tax revenue and paid nond - those profit rightoffs are still occuring.

8 minutes ago, dgul said:

Presumably that's actually a map of 'people too dumb to work out the WTC game'

TCs only work if you have kids.

Fuckall otherwise.

Go to a school. Average 50% of families  get 50% of income from tax credits.

Go to some schools some areas, pretty much 90% are on them. These places arnt rare either.

6 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Job seekers is not the one to look at , ESA and carers allowance are the big ones 

and tax credits obviously 

NI’s economically inactive figures are terrifying, lucky 100,000 migrants were available to fill the jobs that the locals didn’t fancy 😜

The biggest issue is high benefit levels ruin thr economy.

NI and the NE have been ruined by it.

No fucker bothers learning getting skilled up - just go on benefits.

Then, if you do have a comopany try to recruit, theres no pool to recruit ftom. Everyones one wants 16h, ot are on dla, or work in public sector doling out bennies.

My solution is to cap payouts ate national average - more people, less benefits.

Ultimateky id go fir individual fole based in years worked and money earned. Taper it off over 4 years, then fall to workfare.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Then, if you do have a comopany try to recruit, theres no pool to recruit ftom. Everyones one wants 16h, ot are on dla, or work in public sector doling out bennies.

My solution is to cap payouts ate national average - more people, less benefits.

Ultimateky id go fir individual fole based in years worked and money earned. Taper it off over 4 years, then fall to workfare.

Just pay every adult £75 a week.

Job done.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

No. No one who is working should be reliant on the tax payer to subsidies their wages. Either a job allows you to live or it isn’t really a job. Tax credits are bennies for business. 

Nope.

Its a way of avoiding problems with benefits connected to kids.

Noone - yet - has stomach for kids rifling in bins, so benefits will favoyr people with kids. Fine but make them work for them  10k above benefits.

Dont work tgen hasdle them and dock benefits.

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6151921/Birmingham-accounts-HALF-10-highest-claiming-areas-unemployment-benefits-UK.html

Birmingham accounts for half of the top 10 highest claiming unemployment benefits areas in the UK, according to official figures. 

Five areas of the city feature prominently among a league table of constituencies with the highest proportion of claimants.

Birmingham Ladywood headed the list - with 11.9 per cent of the economically active population receiving unemployment handouts.

Neighbouring Hodge Hill was second with 11.1 per cent, while Erdington was fourth with 9.1 per cent and Perry Bar fifth with 9 per cent.

Birmingham Hall Green came in sixth place - with only Hartlepool in third breaking up the city's dominance of the table.

i wonder if this could be cross referenced to anything else?  Anyhow, full U.K. map below 

76A2B3A3-68C1-4ABE-A385-6EBDDDE0B222.jpeg

Thought I'd randomly check the second on the list, Hodge Hill, dropped on Twyford Rd and get some third world scavenger in a headscarf helping herself to some laminated chipboard.

2145435338_Screenshotfrom2018-09-1220-23-24.png.8c65a2489ce886d0e4b7fce68156a2fd.png

My guess is the figures are so high due to mass benefit fraud by a certain group who are culturally opposed to work.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope.

Its a way of avoiding problems with benefits connected to kids.

Noone - yet - has stomach for kids rifling in bins, so benefits will favoyr people with kids. Fine but make them work for them  10k above benefits.

Dont work tgen hasdle them and dock benefits.

If the price of not working Is rifling through bins, so be it. I’m fed up of paying for it. 

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Tbf, there is no route to high quality vocational training. 

Just now, One percent said:

If the price of not working Is rifling through bins, so be it. I’m fed up of paying for it. 

Well tgats it.

Tax credits came from states where evdn democrats were pissed ipoff with welfare queens, which did exit. Pop kids out, get social housing and food stamos and some cash, deal drugs whore on side and you did wuite well - if you wernt shot.

The us tax credits hivers up the free time 38h.

Without them there would gave been a work house system in the states.

The important thing is making people on benefit work a ft job. Does mot matter if its liw paic unproductive.

Oh and dont offers benefits to migtants.

Browns tax credits, in 13 years, has gufted tge uk  7-9m EE plys simikar 3rd wirlders, brexit, doubling of national debt, corbyn and the marxists.

Theyll ruin Labour as a party. And the welfare state as the swing back may be massive.

7 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

One of them was supposed to be a renown jazz composer, cant see what the fuss was about myself

Benny goodman was more of a bandleader than composer - ruined most of his records by playing on them. In jazz circles the clarinet is more commonly known as the 'misery stick' for a good reason.

Edited by maynardgravy

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

The important thing is making people on benefit work a ft job. Does mot matter if its liw paic unproductive.

No. The important thing is exactly the opposite of this. We need to stop being Puritans. The common wealth is sufficient for everyone to survive. The free market is sufficient to generate wealth. No need for us to ascribe moral values to those who choose to work or not.

Just pay everyone £75 a week and let them make their own minds up. No one will starve. Productivity will sky rocket.

23 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The whole lots fucked.

Tax credits, if done right, are a good thing - work 38h get 10k difference between being on benefits. No problem; great.

Brown fucked them up. See tax credit sad face by the coolest person the interweb ...

Coincidently theres been loads of 10 years since lehman and crash this week. Rbs admitying that they wont payback Broens loan. Reports that people are 800 les than 10 years ago.

Taxing the finsec was Browns genius idea of funding tax credits. He had to grow it first.....light touch regulation, etc....

Instead of providing tax revenue the banking sector has sucked in tax revenue and paid nond - those profit rightoffs are still occuring.

TCs only work if you have kids.

Fuckall otherwise.

Go to a school. Average 50% of families  get 50% of income from tax credits.

Go to some schools some areas, pretty much 90% are on them. These places arnt rare either.

Unemployment benefits = big distraction, smoke and mirrors. In the big scheme of things its peanuts.

We don't fall for that shit and all know tax credits are where its at.

Totally agree that the concept of tax credits is great, like so many things its been abused by employers and employees alike.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well tgats it.

Tax credits came from states where evdn democrats were pissed ipoff with welfare queens, which did exit. Pop kids out, get social housing and food stamos and some cash, deal drugs whore on side and you did wuite well - if you wernt shot.

The us tax credits hivers up the free time 38h.

Without them there would gave been a work house system in the states.

Oh and dont offers benefits to migtants.

Browns tax credits, in 13 years, has gufted tge uk  7-9m EE plys simikar 3rd wirlders, brexit, doubling of national debt, corbyn and the marxists.

Theyll ruin Labour as a party. And the welfare state as the swing back may be massive.

Agree.  Make people work for their money, no matter the source. I could never understand the free market argument about shutting down employment providers (mines, factories etc) as they were not financially viable. The question that this always raised for me was, what are you going to do with all these people?  Pay them to sit on their arses?  Well, yes, I guess that was the plan. 

They needed to do the figures in a different way. How much to keep them in work V how much to pay them to do nothing. 

Fwiw, my view was that this was solely about closing down various production.  The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced that the EU was behind this. They carved up productivity between the big three. Germany got manufacturing, France farming, Britain financial services. 

I think we lucked out on that one   o.O

3 minutes ago, null; said:

Unemployment benefits = big distraction, smoke and mirrors. In the big scheme of things its peanuts.

We don't fall for that shit and all know tax credits are where its at.

Totally agree that the concept of tax credits is great, like so many things its been abused by employers and employees alike.

Why is it a good thing?  I just see it as the manifestation of a broken economy. 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Why is it a good thing?  I just see it as the manifestation of a broken economy. 

Yes, I agree about the broken economy.

What I mean is I agree with the concept of giving the lower paid a bit extra, but in reality its hard to implement without massive unintended and/or negative consequences, as proved by tax credits.

What I mean is I agree with the concept of giving the lower paid a bit extra, but in reality its hard to implement without massive unintended and/or negative consequences, as proved by tax credits.

All it does in my view is allow employers to pay lower wages. Much better to scrap and then employers would have to pay a living wage. Like it was before bliar and brown fucked it up. 

The proper mechanism for giving the lower paid a bit extra is by setting up your own business and paying them more. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

All it does in my view is allow employers to pay lower wages. Much better to scrap and then employers would have to pay a living wage. Like it was before bliar and brown fucked it up. 

Yes, that's certainly been the end result.

As for employers having to pay a living wage, the issue at the moment is that wages and labour have been distorted by lots of immigrants who are happy to live in beds in sheds.