DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

John Lewis profits slump 99% in 'challenging times'

Lightscribe

12 hours ago, spunko said:

For Amazon: order something up to the value of a grand,  when it arrives weigh the box and find something of identical weight, like a 4 pack of Fosters for example. Remove the product from the box and replace it with the similar weight item. Take a photo and contact Amazon telling them one of their staff is up to something and you want a refund or replacement. 

The packages are weighed when they leave the depot and the courier weighs them before delivery too.

Obviously I don't condone buying from Amazon until they pay tax or doing this fraud as it's illegal - but I believe it's pretty rife. I read about it on hotukdeals....! No idea if it works. 

I'm sure stokie will have other ways as he worked in an Amazon depot iirc. 

like affix a box with a label for something youve had before onto a box with an xbox in it then bypass there security by manualy droping it off after bypassing the barcode scanners on the conveyer belts,its straight in the back off a lorry then.they have a big security team airport type scanners etc.my manager liked me has i used to brag if i wanted to steal i could easily and he would say show me how.many get sacked for grazeing thats stealing food ie chocolate bars or pop.a guy got jailed for seting fire to the amazon rugley depot last week ironicly.i never even told my manager about that way of stealing ironicly i suspect it would work if there were two of you doing it,you need someone who has a reason to be wandering around everywhere and thats someone in returns or a runner for last minute prime orders ,then you need a corrupt packer but in theory the guy doing the last minute prime orders could do it all himself.i did last minute prime orders some nights if they were busy or behind.aftershave with none metal containers were easy and the easiest things to steal were expensive trainers,ive seen people just put them on and walk past security.

your looking at 4,000 people leaveing at the same time going through 10 airport metal scanners,they aint got the time to inspect everyones footware lol

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't miss them. I am falling back in love with Morrisons now I have one close again. Fresh sandwiches made on the day in store with lots of variety. Fresh pizzas made on the day in store. Fresh salad to pick from. Reasonable prices. Doesn't feel like a Walmart/Tesco despite being a huge chain. Aldi is right next door, the discounters have been my shop of choice over the last 5 years but no longer. I am trying to eat more healthily and got totally fed up with Aldi's fruit and veg having 2-3 days shelf life across everything. It was getting to the point if it had 4-5 days on the label I was shocked.

5 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Won't miss them. I am falling back in love with Morrisons now I have one close again. Fresh sandwiches made on the day in store with lots of variety. Fresh pizzas made on the day in store. Fresh salad to pick from. Reasonable prices. Doesn't feel like a Walmart/Tesco despite being a huge chain. Aldi is right next door, the discounters have been my shop of choice over the last 5 years but no longer. I am trying to eat more healthily and got totally fed up with Aldi's fruit and veg having 2-3 days shelf life across everything. It was getting to the point if it had 4-5 days on the label I was shocked.

Morrisons meat is also better quality than any other supermarket. They have their own farms I think. 

On 15/09/2018 at 18:24, Frank Hovis said:

They're toast.

They didn't have to compete upon price whilst people were going for the excellent customer experience.

They have cut that excellent customer experience and with it lost the customers; they don't have any chance of competing on price.

There is no way back.

I give them two years and Mike Ashley will buy them for buttons.

Agreed.

Not competing on price,but offering the sames ervice as Asda.Not exactly a recipe for success.

On 15/09/2018 at 18:05, Admiral Pepe said:

One more photo for good measure. Cafe proving to be very popular on a saturday....one customer

photo_2018-09-15_17-59-08.jpg.2ba85321340f60fbaf6bc39ba46d089c.jpg

Can't say Im surprised.

17 hours ago, stokiescum said:

like affix a box with a label for something youve had before onto a box with an xbox in it then bypass there security by manualy droping it off after bypassing the barcode scanners on the conveyer belts,its straight in the back off a lorry then.they have a big security team airport type scanners etc.my manager liked me has i used to brag if i wanted to steal i could easily and he would say show me how.many get sacked for grazeing thats stealing food ie chocolate bars or pop.a guy got jailed for seting fire to the amazon rugley depot last week ironicly.i never even told my manager about that way of stealing ironicly i suspect it would work if there were two of you doing it,you need someone who has a reason to be wandering around everywhere and thats someone in returns or a runner for last minute prime orders ,then you need a corrupt packer but in theory the guy doing the last minute prime orders could do it all himself.i did last minute prime orders some nights if they were busy or behind.aftershave with none metal containers were easy and the easiest things to steal were expensive trainers,ive seen people just put them on and walk past security.

your looking at 4,000 people leaveing at the same time going through 10 airport metal scanners,they aint got the time to inspect everyones footware lol

As far as I cna tell, Aldi/Lidl cannot do veg./fresh produce.

The agressive pack n stack doesn ot work with fuit n veg.

Its good for non resh stuff.

You need a good market for Veg, Aldi./Lidl for cans an stuff and a waitrose for fancy stuff.

There's no need at all for Sainsbury and Asda. Neither can compete with tesco at the bottom, morrison for quality/price, or waitrose for posh stuff.

Waitrose do have a cold wakeup call.

• 1 month later...

Any other regular waitrose coffee drinkers seeing their coffee size reduced? Our store has been doing them 2/3rds of a cup now for a week or so. Just wondering if it's a machine issue or are they rolling this out?

All the decent double yellow sticker deals seem to have gone now. So after five years they finally get the stock right. Can still get single yellow sticker but that's just bringing the products more inline with where they should be. Shelves for fresh food do seem to be on the thin side somewhat

1 hour ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Any other regular waitrose coffee drinkers seeing their coffee size reduced? Our store has been doing them 2/3rds of a cup now for a week or so. Just wondering if it's a machine issue or are they rolling this out?

All the decent double yellow sticker deals seem to have gone now. So after five years they finally get the stock right. Can still get single yellow sticker but that's just bringing the products more inline with where they should be. Shelves for fresh food do seem to be on the thin side somewhat

Waitrose near me i still get a few bits from that i like but since they removed coffee cups i dont get a coffee no more cant even remember the bloody bags let alone a coffee cup, to be honest i just got a coffee for the sake of it most of the time

I do remember it filling 3/4 of the cup though which i like as cup holders are shit in my car so helped

4 hours ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Yes, started to do this in our Waitrose so people started to double-click, result?...they have now put a barcode scanner on the machine so you only get your one drink per day...I think this is going to backfire, what with the removal of customer `special picks` items, then no free coffee from the cafe, then bring your own cup, and now the scanner...all in less than a year...people will just get tired of `jumping through another hoop` for a free coffee and start shopping elsewhere...if they really want a coffee they will buy one with the savings they have made going elsewhere!

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Just how many dosbodders live in a posh area with a Waitrose?  o.O

I wouldn't call my town posh xD . Is it not more of a locality thing? Waitrose seems to be in most towns around here. We don't have too many Morrisons though

3 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

I wouldn't call my town posh xD . Is it not more of a locality thing? Waitrose seems to be in most towns around here. We don't have too many Morrisons though

I do prefer Morrisons. The meat is far superior to any other supermarket. 👍

1 minute ago, Admiral Pepe said:

That's what I hear. You must live in a posh town too then :P

No. A very small one. Lidl is round the corner. They do cheap wine. What’s not to like? 

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

I've got one.  Don't really visit it, apart to use the free parking (which is very convenient).  Thanks John Lewis Partnership!

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I've got one.  Don't really visit it, apart to use the free parking (which is very convenient).  Thanks John Lewis Partnership!

👍 posh. 

3 hours ago, One percent said:

Closed the one near me.. its an empty shop now.. not many who want to take on a big building in this environment,,

11 hours ago, One percent said:

I think you only find them `Down South` ;~)...but they do have posh supermarkets `Up North`...there's that one in The Lakes, like a Waitrose on steroids!

23 hours ago, One percent said:

I have only worked at posh shops - Waitrose, M&S, and a big shop on Oxford St xD

2 minutes ago, maudit said:

I have only worked at posh shops - Waitrose, M&S, and a big shop on Oxford St xD

:o xD

12 hours ago, MrXxx said:

I think you only find them `Down South` ;~)...but they do have posh supermarkets `Up North`...there's that one in The Lakes, like a Waitrose on steroids!

I’ve been in that one. It’s branded as the same colours as Waitrose but the prices put Waitrose to shame. I fainted when they gave me the bill. o.O

On 13/11/2018 at 19:45, One percent said:

I hate the smell of coffee. Waitrose doesn't sound like my kind of place.

I hate the smell of coffee. Waitrose doesn't sound like my kind of place.

I was the same when I was ten, but my sence of smell and taste buds changed when I got older

12 hours ago, Agent ZigZag said:

I hate the smell of coffee. Waitrose doesn't sound like my kind of place.

I was the same when I was ten, but my sence of smell and taste buds changed when I got older

If you're computer literate ie capable of running a basic price comparison check, and under 80,you're not their sort of shopper Zigzag old chap.No offence.

False alarm, coffee machine back to normal this morning. Probably needed a service xD

£7m on a christmas advert? Seems awfully excessive but I guess one has to spend money to make money

Archived