• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Unreadable Mail Online

Just now, spunko2010 said:

Race for no-deal Brexit: Drivers must buy new £5.50 licences to drive in EU, passports will need replacing... and Brussels will no longer tell us about ASTEROID threats

'No deal' Brexit could be as bad as the 2008 financial crash and may wipe a THIRD off house prices, Bank of England governor Mark Carney warns the cabinet

Eurostar trains will be STOPPED at the border and planes grounded in a no deal Brexit, French minister warns

Rees-Mogg's hard Brexit group is being probed over a secret bank account: Commons watchdog concerned Tory set is 'misusing public funds' to support its campaign to crush May's Chequers plan

These are just some of the headlines today. I wondered what was going on and then I realised that Paul Dacre had retired and been replaced with Geordie Grieg, arch Remoaner formerly editor of Mail On Sunday. I stopped reading MoS because of the overly negative whingefest it became, now I need to find another source of my news. Anyone got any decent suggestions for right-of-centre news that isn't heavily filtered, aside from Breitbart?

The house price crash is inevitable, brexit or no brexit. This is just so Carney can say "I told you so" when it happens. Let's face it house prices are already crashing in some areas and we don't know what kind of deal we're getting yet.

They're just shifting the blame (or trying to).

14 minutes ago, Option5 said:

The house price crash is inevitable, brexit or no brexit. This is just so Carney can try to justify starting up the printers again to bail out his bankster friends say "I told you so" when it happens. Let's face it house prices are already crashing in some areas and we don't know what kind of deal we're getting yet.

They're just shifting the blame (or trying to).

FTFY. They'd prefer the GBP to go to 50 Euro cents than permit a house price crash IMO.

Edit : The reason Carney is staying on until 2020 is IMO that they know they can rely on printy printy from him, a replacement might be more resistant. 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

FTFY. They'd prefer the GBP to go to 50 Euro cents than permit a house price crash IMO.

I'm being paid in NOK so It's not fair for me to comment.

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

Watching this thread with interest. My go to news site is here, but we need some decent external sources or we will turn into one massive echo chamber. :)

My thoughts exactly :Beer:

Telegraph is OK but most of the stories are behind a pay wall. I suspect that the Mails current editorial stance is at odds with their readership and this will only serve to drive people away.

LOL fricking hilarious.

What Brussels knows about asteroid threats could probably be written on the back of a postage stamp. 

I look forward to the Mail's subscriptions plummeting after alienating their core audience - but then again, I suspect they are re-aligning as they are IIRC the world's most widely read news website so they can't afford to be too patriotic and British anymore. 

40 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Race for no-deal Brexit: Drivers must buy new £5.50 licences to drive in EU, passports will need replacing... and Brussels will no longer tell us about ASTEROID threats

'No deal' Brexit could be as bad as the 2008 financial crash and may wipe a THIRD off house prices, Bank of England governor Mark Carney warns the cabinet

Eurostar trains will be STOPPED at the border and planes grounded in a no deal Brexit, French minister warns

Rees-Mogg's hard Brexit group is being probed over a secret bank account: Commons watchdog concerned Tory set is 'misusing public funds' to support its campaign to crush May's Chequers plan

These are just some of the headlines today. I wondered what was going on and then I realised that Paul Dacre had retired and been replaced with Geordie Grieg, arch Remoaner formerly editor of Mail On Sunday. I stopped reading MoS because of the overly negative whingefest it became, now I need to find another source of my news. Anyone got any decent suggestions for right-of-centre news that isn't heavily filtered, aside from Breitbart?

dosbods.co.uk

There really is no point reading any of the MSM. Journalism in that form is dead and really only serves to work agaist your interests. Have to go direct to source or find an independent.

The corbett report is pretty good for analysing world events. Has a website, youtube and bitchute channel .

Thanks, I like the look of Spiked having just read a few articles. Will see how I get on with it. Mail Online runs stories that other major publications would shy away from for fearing of offending the incomers, I hope that doesn't change with the new Remoaner In Chief.

I never did read the celebrity shite from the sidebar.

4 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

They've really clamped down on the moderating too. A year or so back, the mail did grant you quite a bit of liberty in what you post. Not so anymore. 

Very much so.

I have a vision of a room full of DM moderators all sat in a row in their burka's censoring thousands of comments daily.

1 hour ago, Option5 said:

I'm being paid in NOK so It's not fair for me to comment.

CHF for me, even though I'm paid about two thirds of my original contract rate it's still more in GBP than it was when I started. For the last 12 years the successive UK governments have made the GBP like the Italian lira, and it's not going to stop.

2 hours ago, Fossildog said:

Telegraph is OK but most of the stories are behind a pay wall. I suspect that the Mails current editorial stance is at odds with their readership and this will only serve to drive people away.

This.

The Mail is dead to me now.

I dont think the source of the news story matters. The key is to DYOR on the subject in question. There are plenty of sites on the web where experts who dont necessarily want to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge politically that can be used to check MSM stories. The results I find can be pretty revealing about the shoddy nature of the British media of all hues from right to left who are not really to be trusted on almost any topic apart from the football and racing results. On foreign news stories this is particularly important as with the decline of  British power the press in this country don't really have much insight or knowledge at all.

Edited by Virgil Caine

5 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

They've really clamped down on the moderating too. A year or so back, the mail did grant you quite a bit of liberty in what you post. Not so anymore. 

i was a twat for trolling on it great fun on a friday/saturday night after a few pints