• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
choochoo

We're better than you

The cops and other public servants apparently need more protection. The law isn't equal for all. What a load of bollix.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoJGovUK/status/1040012429755904003

I really hate this codswallop that seems to be forced on us that these people are heroes. I wouldn't trust a single one of them.

Edited by choochoo
Added line

7 minutes ago, choochoo said:

The cops and other public servants apparently need more protection. The law isn't equal for all. What a load of bollix.

I really hate this codswallop that seems to be forced on us that these people are heroes. I wouldn't trust a single one of them.

so the rest of us arn't worthy of protection, and the law is weighted against us if we try to protect ourselves?

Edited by snaga

12 minutes ago, choochoo said:

Nah once they've successfuly argued they deserve to not be treated like shit, we all just identify as an ambulance driver.

I find this a bit concerning, aside from the why are we not all deserving of the same 'protection', a number of assualts on emergency works are by people who are high on drugs, have mental illness, drunk, dementia even. Doubling the punishment will not stop those people. Police and prison officers have the means to protect themselves.

On a short stay in hospital I witnessed a nurse being attacked by a 6 foot tall, strong male patient. There was a big ruck going on, lots of other nurses came running followed by security who restrained the attacker.

The sad thing is this gentleman was in because he had a stroke. He was scared and confused and just wanted to go home. His mind was gone but his body was still strong.

Judging by the number of bent copper news stories in the dailies, I'd guess coppers are second only to Pakistanis when it comes to predatory sexual behaviour towards the vunerable. Of course a job with power to be abused is going to attract a lot of wrong'uns by its nature. I'd be damned if I ever give anyone any respect based on their job alone. One wonders if people didnt think doctor=angel if Shipman would have been able to carry on so long. 

I expect in a few year there will be amendment to this to include high net worth individuals and politicians (they are already trying to ban hurty words against pols).

For the rest of us, being assualted will be treated just like burgleries, just phone the old bill to get your crime number and hope your health insurance covers it.

2 hours ago, choochoo said:

One of the main problems with politics is the need to be seen to have new laws to solve problems 

4 laws needed 

don’t steal 

don't assault others

don't kill other people 

don’t have sex with someone who says no 

The occupation , race , sexual interests etc etc have no bearing on the above 

Simples now enforce the rules effectively 

ps plus 3 strikes and you are out 

7 minutes ago, Malthus said:

One of the main problems with politics is the need to be seen to have new laws to solve problems 

4 laws needed 

don’t steal 

don't assault others

don't kill other people 

don’t have sex with someone who says no 

The occupation , race , sexual interests etc etc have no bearing on the above 

Simples now enforce the rules effectively 

ps plus 3 strikes and you are out 

Yes, exactly. Many of the new laws are just pandering to the masses. We already have enough laws to cover everything.

Too many idiots think that by making something illegal or giving harsher penalties you can stop it. You can reduce it, but never stop it.

US states with the ultimate punishment (death penalty) still have murders and rapes.

One good arguement for harsher penalties is where a person needs to be removed from society as they would be a danger to the public. But that's why we have judges who can impose different sentences.

A far, far better approach would be to improve policing with the current laws. In particular the anti social crimes, muggings, theft, assualts etc