• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Band

The Wilsons

Same story, different paper:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/12/landlord-fined-25000-over-lack-of-hot-water-for-disabled-tenant

Ashford borough council hailed the outcome of the case as โ€œa powerful reminder to private-sector landlords that there will be serious consequences if they fail to deal fairly with their tenantsโ€.

The Wilsons said they would appeal against the decision โ€“ and threatened to crash the local property market by putting their remaining properties on the market at the same time.

Go ahead (fat) punk, make our day.

ย 

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Same story, different paper:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/12/landlord-fined-25000-over-lack-of-hot-water-for-disabled-tenant

Ashford borough council hailed the outcome of the case as โ€œa powerful reminder to private-sector landlords that there will be serious consequences if they fail to deal fairly with their tenantsโ€.

The Wilsons said they would appeal against the decision โ€“ and threatened to crash the local property market by putting their remaining properties on the market at the same time.

Go ahead (fat) punk, make our day.

ย 

They are of course assuming that their houses will sell quickly, a few months of voids on 300 houses will make their accountant suicidal.

3 minutes ago, Option5 said:

They are of course assuming that their houses will sell quickly, a few months of voids on 300 houses will make their accountant suicidal.

Well the issue with an IO BTL is that the LL has to cover the rent when the property is empty.

Id guess thats whats been fuckign them over - voids, always is. Its why pre IO BTL never carried much debt.

See may commnt on ToS - IO BTL is a all or bust play.

There really is no exit from IO BTL at sub 8% yields.

You cannot afford the rpoprty to be empty; you cannot afford to sell it - a solitcor would not let a house exchange thats occupied.

If the fat fucks are banned from renting - whih the council can do - than they and their bank are fucked.

This is the risk of BTL. And this is the reason why banks should not be in the business of lending to BTL - its commcerial laon and needs commercial yields.

ย 

ย 

5 minutes ago, stuckmojo said:

I would love to see them destitute.ย 

Nah.

Destitute, then set on fire, put out, then set on fire again. Repeated ...

ย 

And not just those fat cunts, whole bunch of IO BTL loons.

Repo their house, take their pension for any loss, make them live in a bedsit.

ย 

32 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nah.

Destitute, then set on fire, put out, then set on fire again. Repeated ...

ย 

Not going to happen...

ย 

...pretty sure nobodyย on here would piss on them if they were burningย B|

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

The Wilsons said they would appeal against the decision โ€“ and threatened to crash the local property market by putting their remaining properties on the market at the same time

I'm sure that's exactly what the 'priced outs' in the area want to happen!ย 

5 hours ago, Option5 said:

The๏ปฟ Wilsons said they would appeal against the decision โ€“ and threatened to crash the local property market by putting their remaining prope๏ปฟrties on th๏ปฟe mar๏ปฟket a๏ปฟt ๏ปฟthe same time.

I could be that they're technically broke and their lenders are pressuring them to sell up. This could just be a face saving exercise.

27 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I could be that they're technically broke and their lenders are pressuring them to sell up. This could just be a face saving exercise.

ย 

27 minutes ago, Option5 said:

He added: โ€œThe Wilsons have shrewdly built up what can best be described as a property empire. They know very well that there is no duty on the council to carry out repairs on their behalf and then bill them for the work. As owners of around 300 properties, it is entirely reasonable to expect them to have arrangements in place to enable this type of issue to be dealt with promptly.โ€

Id not use the word shrewdly.

Built up a property portfolio borrowing like a bunch of loons. Why the banks were allowed to lend so such, to so few, non amortising too - insane.

Noone seems to know the number - bar the LR.

Years ago it was about 1000s, then is as nearly, then it was than 1000. Then they were going to be sold to Ayrabs, Russian, Chinese.

Here is in 2015 selling all 900 houses to a chinaman.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/buy-to-let/12041564/Fergus-Wilson-Britains-most-iconic-buy-to-let-investor-sells-up-all-900-houses-for-250m.html

A few months laters he putting up rents as they full ofย  migrants

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/sep/12/fergus-wilson-rent-rise-property-kent-maidstone

The nno battered wives and single mums

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/kent-landlord-bans-domestic-violence-survivors-and-single-mothers-from-renting-properties-a7515296.html

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Happy Renting said:

So now both of the Wilsons are convicted criminals?

Failing the criteria for fit and proper.

ย 

10 hours ago, JFK said:

Sounds good. Didn't she have to make a declaration of her assets/ earnings too?ย  that would be fascinating to find out

Shed have had to decalreย  her income, thats what courts look at, at least initially.

The judges comment about not being as wealthy as people are led to think, poiunts to IO BTL - money comes in, money goes out.

On ToS Fergus made a comment about being saved when IR went below 3% - without that change he would have been bust.

Thats shows the insanely low yields these IO BTL iiodts are operaing on - and the idiots bank who lent to them.

As S24 cranks up, its goign to be brutal.

ย 

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Shed have had to decalreย  her income, thats what courts look at, at least initially.

The judges comment about not being as wealthy as people are led to think, poiunts to IO BTL - money comes in, money goes out.

On ToS Fergus made a comment about being saved when IR went below 3% - without that change he would have been bust.

Thats shows the insanely low yields these IO BTL iiodts are operaing on - and the idiots bank who lent to them.

As S24 cranks up, its goign to be brutal.

ย 

Yeah, the article said the judge declared the fragrant Mrs Wilson as 'earning' 23k per year - or that's what is down as what she is paid from the vast pwoberty so-called-empire.

I remember on TOS them saying that the historically low interest rates saved their fat arses otherwise they'd be bankrupt - gee thanks successive governments for keeping these 'emergency' interest rates at 0% effectively. CUNTS.

Roll on s24. Make these fuckers squeal.

The comments on the article are woke.

As a landlord, you are responsible for making sure the heating works and is safe, and the toilet works, and other things. It doesn't seem the tenant is asking too much.

Ashford isn't a huge place, 300 houses all within the town being placed on the market in one day will cause other prices to be reduced.

...That is, assuming what he is saying is correct. In 99.999% of cases what he says and what does, are worlds apart.

I'm not sure whether he's an ex-pikey or not. According to the comments on that link, he funded the first few BTLs through earnings from "racing pigeons".

4 minutes ago, spunko said:

Ashford isn't a huge place, 300 houses all within the town being placed on the market in one day will cause other prices to be reduced.

...That is, assuming what he is saying is correct. In 99.999% of cases what he says and what does, are worlds apart.

I'm not sure whether he's an ex-pikey or not. According to the comments on that link, he funded the first few BTLs through earnings from "racing pigeons".

Weren't they suppposed to be ex-teachers? Obviously not of economics, eh?

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Weren't they suppposed to be ex-teachers? Obviously not of economics, eh? ๏ปฟ

I read that she was an ex-maths teacher and he was the caretaker but I don't know if that's true or not. :P

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, spunko said:

According to the comments on that link, he funded the first few BTLs through earnings from "racing pigeons".

My money would be on the pigeon.

ย 

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

ย 

Sorry

Edited by steppensheep

37 minutes ago, spunko said:

I read that she was an ex-maths teacher and he was the caretaker but I don't know if that's true or not. :P

I recall they were both maths teachers

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/jul/08/masters-buy-to-let-100-million-property-empire-fergus-judith-wilson

In the early 1990s they were maths teachers at a comprehensive in Blackheath,

56 minutes ago, maudit said:

But you probably also read that he had sold his portfolio once, maybe twice before.... And yet it remains unsold.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/buy-to-let/12041564/Fergus-Wilson-Britains-most-iconic-buy-to-let-investor-sells-up-all-900-houses-for-250m.html

28 minutes ago, spunko said:

But you probably also read that he had sold his portfolio once, maybe twice before.... And yet it remains unsold.

The article is mentioning 300 houses so perhaps ~600 or so have already been sold.ย