• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Long time lurking

Salisbury part two

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

at this rate hotels there will be doing some very good deals

I was thinking that; I've not been to Salisbury and really fancy having a look at the cathedral and Old Sarum.

Plus I can impress the women at work with my devil-may-care recklessness.

"Nerve agent?  Well, life's a gamble."

Crikes - that is one of the restaurants we frequented quite often. Haven't been for a few years but then it was a definite cut above the usual Prezzo. It is very central in Salisbury - only a few yards from the cathedral.

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Would you take the risk though?.

'Let's go visit Salisbury cathedral, what's the worst that could happen - apart from nerve agent poisoning, false flag poisoning, accused of being Russian agents...'

This whole circus is leaving an open goal for ambulance-chasing lawyers for years to come whenever anyone who's been within 100 miles of the place or the hotel room allegedly used feels a little unwell.

Can't believe it's novichok but they are taking no chances?  But we shall see?  (If they decide to decide it's OK to tell  the public what's going on?!)l

I would stay well clear of Salisbury. I think some sinister people are more than willing to finish off expendable members of the public to pursue their agenda.

Are they seriously going to now claim that novichok has been lingering in some restaurant for several months but only affects people tonight?

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was thinking that; I've not been to Salisbury and really fancy having a look at the cathedral and Old Sarum.

That’s what they all say. 9_9

are you a Russian spy?  o.O

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Careful. Any interest in Early English Gothic renders you an enemy of the state and your name will end up on all sorts of watch lists.

8 minutes ago, Kilham said:

Would you take the risk though?.

'Let's go visit Salisbury cathedral, what's the worst that could happen - apart from nerve agent poisoning, false flag poisoning, accused of being Russian agents...'

This whole circus is leaving an open goal for ambulance-chasing lawyers for years to come whenever anyone who's been within 100 miles of the place or the hotel room allegedly used feels a little unwell.

yes,the odds are slim how many people live there for 7 days a week and how many visiters a week does it get never mind those passing through it vs how many have actualy died

That must be the third batch.  How many more are there.  They can't keep on blaming the Russians - well I suppose they will but it's getting incongruous now.

To be fair even if all the casualties including the Skripals are just the consequence of food poisoning it's a good enough reason in itself to steer well clear of Salisbury.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I would stay well clear of Salisbury. I think some sinister people are more than willing to finish off expendable members of the public to pursue their agenda.

Are they seriously going to now claim that novichok has been lingering in some restaurant for several months but only affects people tonight?

Yep. 

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

You've got to factor in the cost of an army-surplus nerve-agent antidote kit -- although that might be generally more useful and you could use the same kit for trips on the London underground, etc.