• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
gibbon

Bent Archeology

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Got forced to watch an archaeology programme last night on the So-Called BBC "King Arthur's Britain", about the Dark Ages. Was amazed it was just a poor attempt at using complete conjecture to push their globalist hard-left open door immigration agenda.

Apparently because they can't find any dark age skeletons in some village somewhere with cut marks (so no violent struggle) combined with the fact Britons ended up with 10% Anglo-Saxon DNA that means the native Britons lived happily side-by-side with their Anglo-Saxon invaders according to these wankers. The entire fucking programme was spent pushing this narrative everyone was just one big happy fucking family and the Britons were happy to share their resources, land, women...because i'm sure there was lots to go around back then...

No mention the likely outcome is similar to the Norman invasion, that the Anglo-Saxons became the minority rulers after a brief violent struggle, enslaved the natives, raped the women etc how does killing everyone make remote sense to these dickhead archaeologists when you need people to send down the mines.

Reminded me of the Nazi's used archaeology to try and prove they were the master race.

It’s like a dystopian Kurt Vonnegut novel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Apparently because they can't find any dark age skeletons in some village somewhere with cut marks (so no violent struggle)


Did they find any skeletal remains of britons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:


Did they find any skeletal remains of britons?

Not sure I get you/I'm just being thick as usual? They found lots of remains of the native Britons, just a tiny fraction had evidence of violent deaths so in their twisted minds the Britons and the Anglo-Saxons got on hunky dory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bkvw8v/king-arthurs-britain-the-truth-unearthed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Not sure I get you/I'm just being thick as usual? They found lots of remains of the native Britons, just a tiny fraction had evidence of violent deaths so in their twisted minds the Britons and the Anglo-Saxons got on hunky dory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bkvw8v/king-arthurs-britain-the-truth-unearthed

Perhaps the village they dug up was of the winners rather than the losers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 'we're all mongrels and immigrants and all got on famously' theory is quite a popular one. Oddly enough even the stupidest SJW doesn't try presenting the Norman Conquest in that light, due to the large amount of evidence to the contrary; that's usually presented in a 'isn't colonialism of all stripes shameful' type way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

Do you bury the losers? Or leave them for the dogs to chew?

I imagine somebody comes along and chucks them in a pit to stop them smelling the place out unless the entire village is wiped out and then the scavengers have a free run of the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched about ten minutes of it and thought it was some pro EU immigration programme.

Heard something along the lines of  '"so, they were not an invading army from Europe then, just peaceful immigrants and everyone lived together happily".

It really was a poor attempt at using facts to back up a subliminal (or maybe overt?) message. Searching for facts that support a political message.

Completely at odds with what science should be about - the facts and truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could well have been true because everywhere massively less crowded then. New people turn up and existing ones don't say fuckin hell competition for resources, more like wonderful more members of the mammoth catching team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Producer of that programme : Susannah Zeff

"Trust director Jon Zeff is the brother of freelance TV director Dan Zeff, whose credits include the BBC3 comedy Siblings and an episode of Doctor Who. Their sister Susannah is a development producer for 360 Production, which makes programmes for the So-Called BBC."

from :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734320/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-How-BBC-Trust-keeps-family.html

Oh gosh, look :

"Zeff Name Meaning
Jewish (Ashkenazic): from the personal name Zev, meaning ‘wolf’ in Hebrew.


Source: Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press"

from :

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/name-origin?surname=zeff

 

Edited by Carl Fimble
adding the info on her name, then getting the spelling right for Susannah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Producer of that programme : Susanna Zeff

"Trust director Jon Zeff is the brother of freelance TV director Dan Zeff, whose credits include the BBC3 comedy Siblings and an episode of Doctor Who. Their sister Susannah is a development producer for 360 Production, which makes programmes for the So-Called BBC."

from :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734320/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-How-BBC-Trust-keeps-family.html

Oh gosh, look :

"Zeff Name Meaning
Jewish (Ashkenazic): from the personal name Zev, meaning ‘wolf’ in Hebrew.


Source: Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press"

from :

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/name-origin?surname=zeff

 

Sorry! Almost forgot:

Is it the Jews? :wanker:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's absolute bollox. The Anglo-Saxons drove out the Britons, otherwise we would all be speaking Welsh nowadays. The Vikings (Danes) were even worse, raping and pillaging and destroying anything vaguely cultural, then forcing the Anglo-Saxons to pay the Danegeld and causing the partition of England into the Anglo Saxon kingdoms and the Danelaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant to look up the source data for that Prof Peter Donnelly's study into the genetic markers of people whose grandparents and parents had lived where they currently lived. It showed that Cumbrians seemed to be unique and, as someone who's ancestors mostly come from the same area generations, I'm hoping to prove myself in a position to tell the rest of offcomers to do one back to your own countries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Could well have been true because everywhere massively less crowded then. New people turn up and existing ones don't say fuckin hell competition for resources, more like wonderful more members of the mammoth catching team 

I would have thought it was the opposite, prime agricultural land even more prized as land improvement much more difficult/non-existent. Could imagine most the land being useless. Also more land required to feed each person as yields would have been lower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, This Time said:

Sorry! Almost forgot:

Is it the Jews? :wanker:

Another excellent argument, you have convinced me!

Convinced me that you are either a Jew or you are philosemetic and anti-white. I don't think you are a retard.

I'll continue to be polite, you can debate me if you like, I would recommend you do, as your strategy (as shown above) is absolutely shite, and does not show you in a good light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

Another excellent argument, you have convinced me!

Convinced me that you are either a Jew or you are philosemetic and anti-white. I don't think you are a retard.

I'll continue to be polite, you can debate me if you like, I would recommend you do, as your strategy (as shown above) is absolutely shite, and does not show you in a good light.

I've said it before that I'm not going to bother trying to debate you when you never say what you think. As far as I can figure you've smoked far too much weed and are on some paranoid trip that the Jews are out to get us after watching a load of anti-Semitic shit on YouTube. Unless you actually say what you think and why you think it without just referring us to aforementioned anti-Semitic videos then I'm going to keep thinking that and downvoting you so we don't attract the wrong sort of people and turn into Stormfront mark II.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alice Roberts, nice as she is, is no archaeologist: she's a bones specialist.

The Anglo Saxon invasions were bloody and led to the enslavement of native Britons where they were conquered.  They were referred to as Welsh with the areas of remaining British dominance being called Wales or West Wales (Cornwall and west Devon).  I forget the name but there is a characteristic place name for a British slave settlement in Saxon territory.  If I can find it I will edit it in.

The country was relatively crowded in the early fifth century, maybe 4 - 5 million, and the best land would have been fought for viciously.

the So-Called BBC always pushes this "nation of immigrants" crap.  I was told by an otherwise intelligent woman that the famous Roman tombstone of a British slave girl in ?York who been married to a Levantine merchant was clear evidence that there had always been lots of immigration.

One tombstone.  Piss right off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, This Time said:

so we don't attract the wrong sort of people and turn into Stormfront mark II.

It's a bit late for that surely! Unless the feeling of the DOSBODS general populace has changed substantially re immigrants, muslims, jews, polish etc.

Not that I'm bothered, before everyone calls me out as snowflake sjw professional being-offended-er.  Bring it as far as I'm concerned I love this site for the lulz and not going to be put off by people with er, "strong opinions."

Edited by Funn3r
Spellng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Alice Roberts, nice as she is, is no archaeologist: she's a bones specialist.

The Anglo Saxon invasions were bloody and led to the enslavement of native Britons where they were conquered.  They were referred to as Welsh with the areas of remaining British dominance being called Wales or West Wales (Cornwall and west Devon).  I forget the name but there is a characteristic place name for a British slave settlement in Saxon territory.  If I can find it I will edit it in.

The country was relatively crowded in the early fifth century, maybe 4 - 5 million, and the best land would have been fought for viciously.

the So-Called BBC always pushes this "nation of immigrants" crap.  I was told by an otherwise intelligent woman that the famous Roman tombstone of a British slave girl in ?York who been married to a Levantine merchant was clear evidence that there had always been lots of immigration.

One tombstone.  Piss right off.

The hypothesis they presented was that it was relatively peaceful, as evidenced by the lack of bodies showing sharp instrument injuries - less than 2%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Funn3r said:

It's a bit late for that surely! Unless the feeling of the DOBODS general populace has changed substantially re immigrants, muslims, jews, polish etc.

Not that I'm bothered, before everyone calls me out as snowflake sjw professional being-offended-er.  Bring it as far as I'm concerned I love this site for the lulz and not going to be put off by people with er, "strong opinions."

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but imho it’s idle non-contributors that the posters on this site object about. Colour, creed and whom you stick your wang into should be your own business and not imposed on others. But I could be wrong having only spent 17 months or so here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

The hypothesis they presented was that it was relatively peaceful, as evidenced by the lack of bodies showing sharp instrument injuries - less than 2%.

I think all that shows is that there is very little evidence from burials; which there isn't.

Pagan Anglo Saxons were cremated and placed in dark grey pots, Britons tended to be buried but without grave goods so are extremely hard to identify as belonging to the fifth or sixth centuries.

It's only with the much later Danish invasions that you start getting big pitched battles and war graves with plenty of cut marks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Pagan Anglo Saxons were cremated and placed in dark grey pots, Britons tended to be buried but without grave goods so are extremely hard to identify as belonging to the fifth or sixth centuries.

 

Didn't watch the programme but it seems like a bad assumption that people killed in battle or in some ethnic cleansing would be given the same burial rites as in peace time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePiltdownMan said:

Didn't watch the programme but it seems like a bad assumption that people killed in battle or in some ethnic cleansing would be given the same burial rites as in peace time.

This also.

The Anglo-Saxon chronicle is pretty much a record of battles throughout.

It seems incredibly perverse to try to paint the very bloody Anglo Saxon invasions of the migration period as some sort of refugees welcome liberal lovefest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.