• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

next to a school

Recommended Posts

I've lived right next to a school before, but not by the road side of it, if that makes sense.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64995106.html
This I imagine is chocka with cars at school in/out time. 

Ignore potential concerns about land being earmarked for housing all around. 

Out of my budget though, so irrelevant really, just spent some time on rightmove again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I've lived right next to a school before, but not by the road side of it, if that makes sense.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64995106.html
This I imagine is chocka with cars at school in/out time. 

Ignore potential concerns about land being earmarked for housing all around. 

Out of my budget though, so irrelevant really, just spent some time on rightmove again.

Is the noise pollution from the M62 thrown in for the somewhat chunky price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say, doubt you'd hear the school kids playing with the M62 so near. And that's the only benefit IMO, the god awful pushy mummies twice a day blocking the road would do my head in so I wouldn't live there, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, spunko said:

I was going to say, doubt you'd hear the school kids playing with the M62 so near. And that's the only benefit IMO, the god awful pushy mummies twice a day blocking the road would do my head in so I wouldn't live there, no.

I grew up next to a school. Our driveway was right next to the school driveway. The mothers that parked over it, saying 'sorry, I was only gone 10 minutes' were a pain in the arse but there were a few that actually parked on our drive, blocking my car in, and then got abusive with me when I asked them to move.

There have always been some incredibly selfish people about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

I grew up next to a school. Our driveway was right next to the school driveway. The mothers that parked over it, saying 'sorry, I was only gone 10 minutes' were a pain in the arse but there were a few that actually parked on our drive, blocking my car in, and then got abusive with me when I asked them to move.

There have always been some incredibly selfish people about.

Id've put a sign out front 'yummy mummy parking only, see inside for qualifying criteria'

22 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

I grew up next to a school. Our driveway was right next to the school driveway. The mothers that parked over it, saying 'sorry, I was only gone 10 minutes' were a pain in the arse but there were a few that actually parked on our drive, blocking my car in, and then got abusive with me when I asked them to move.

There have always been some incredibly selfish people about.

Id've put a sign out front 'yummy mummy parking only, see inside for qualifying criteria'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2018 at 17:50, sarahbell said:

I've lived right next to a school before, but not by the road side of it, if that makes sense.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64995106.html
This I imagine is chocka with cars at school in/out time. 

Ignore potential concerns about land being earmarked for housing all around. 

Out of my budget though, so irrelevant really, just spent some time on rightmove again.

Looks idyllic with the Pennines in the distance towards Rochdale. No mention of the drawbacks in the EA particulars. Needs an outside sucker without local knowledge (and viewing it at a weekend) to buy it like me I guess.o.O

Edited by crashmonitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2018 at 17:50, sarahbell said:

I've lived right next to a school before, but not by the road side of it, if that makes sense.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64995106.html
This I imagine is chocka with cars at school in/out time. 

Ignore potential concerns about land being earmarked for housing all around. 

Out of my budget though, so irrelevant really, just spent some time on rightmove again.

If youre gone by 8am and back after 5pm - no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2018 at 11:08, Sugarlips said:

Id've put a sign out front 'yummy mummy parking only, see inside for qualifying criteria'

Id've put a sign out front 'yummy mummy parking only, see inside for qualifying criteria'

Oh you can have mrs spys yummy mummy - 35yo, 20 stone, no teeth, jumps up and down winding her kids up,  saying - Charlie wanna banana.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2018 at 12:17, Cunning Plan said:

there were a few that actually parked on our drive, blocking my car in, and then got abusive with me when I asked them to move

At mine, they'd have arrived back to find their exit blocked by my security bollard and some very loud music on in the house. "Terribly sorry, didn't hear you knocking..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2018 at 17:33, spunko said:

I was going to say, doubt you'd hear the school kids playing with the M62 so near. And that's the only benefit IMO, the god awful pushy mummies twice a day blocking the road would do my head in so I wouldn't live there, no.

If you were a single guy 20-40 with the gift of the gab, I reckon living next to where the yummy mummies wait for their kids could be gash heaven.

 

Not be crude, or owt....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 hours ago, spygirl said:

If youre gone by 8am and back after 5pm - no problem.

For the most part that would be okay, but it would be hell on parent's evenings, school performance, after-school activity day, etc, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wherebee said:

If you were a single guy 20-40 with the gift of the gab, I reckon living next to where the yummy mummies wait for their kids could be gash heaven.

 

Not be crude, or owt....

When my kids started school I thought - Great. Ill go up there and there'll wall to wall babes.

Nope.

Less women 'hitting the wall'', more eating it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.