DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

next to a school

sarahbell

I've lived right next to a school before, but not by the road side of it, if that makes sense.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64995106.html
This I imagine is chocka with cars at school in/out time. 

Ignore potential concerns about land being earmarked for housing all around. 

Out of my budget though, so irrelevant really, just spent some time on rightmove again.

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I've lived right next to a school before, but not by the road side of it, if that makes sense.

Out of my budget though, so irrelevant really, just spent some time on rightmove again.

Is the noise pollution from the M62 thrown in for the somewhat chunky price?

I was going to say, doubt you'd hear the school kids playing with the M62 so near. And that's the only benefit IMO, the god awful pushy mummies twice a day blocking the road would do my head in so I wouldn't live there, no.

13 hours ago, spunko said:

I was going to say, doubt you'd hear the school kids playing with the M62 so near. And that's the only benefit IMO, the god awful pushy mummies twice a day blocking the road would do my head in so I wouldn't live there, no.

I grew up next to a school. Our driveway was right next to the school driveway. The mothers that parked over it, saying 'sorry, I was only gone 10 minutes' were a pain in the arse but there were a few that actually parked on our drive, blocking my car in, and then got abusive with me when I asked them to move.

There have always been some incredibly selfish people about.

22 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

I grew up next to a school. Our driveway was right next to the school driveway. The mothers that parked over it, saying 'sorry, I was only gone 10 minutes' were a pain in the arse but there were a few that actually parked on our drive, blocking my car in, and then got abusive with me when I asked them to move.

Id've put a sign out front 'yummy mummy parking only, see inside for qualifying criteria'

22 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Id've put a sign out front 'yummy mummy parking only, see inside for qualifying criteria'

• 2 months later...
On 17/09/2018 at 17:50, sarahbell said:

Looks idyllic with the Pennines in the distance towards Rochdale. No mention of the drawbacks in the EA particulars. Needs an outside sucker without local knowledge (and viewing it at a weekend) to buy it like me I guess.o.O

On 17/09/2018 at 17:50, sarahbell said:

If youre gone by 8am and back after 5pm - no problem.

On 19/09/2018 at 11:08, Sugarlips said:

Oh you can have mrs spys yummy mummy - 35yo, 20 stone, no teeth, jumps up and down winding her kids up,  saying - Charlie wanna banana.

On 18/09/2018 at 12:17, Cunning Plan said:

there were a few that actually parked on our drive, blocking my car in, and then got abusive with me when I asked them to move

At mine, they'd have arrived back to find their exit blocked by my security bollard and some very loud music on in the house. "Terribly sorry, didn't hear you knocking..."

On 17/09/2018 at 17:33, spunko said:

If you were a single guy 20-40 with the gift of the gab, I reckon living next to where the yummy mummies wait for their kids could be gash heaven.

Not be crude, or owt....

17 hours ago, spygirl said:

If youre gone by 8am and back after 5pm - no problem.

For the most part that would be okay, but it would be hell on parent's evenings, school performance, after-school activity day, etc, etc.

11 hours ago, wherebee said:

If you were a single guy 20-40 with the gift of the gab, I reckon living next to where the yummy mummies wait for their kids could be gash heaven.

Not be crude, or owt....

When my kids started school I thought - Great. Ill go up there and there'll wall to wall babes.

Nope.

Less women 'hitting the wall'', more eating it.

Archived