• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sugarlips

Microdosing lsd/mushrooms

Anyone come across this before?

Apparently there is a growing subculture of microdosers who typically take 1/10th or so of a recreational drug like LSD on a regular basis to help them function better, I'm told its big in Silicon Valley (aids productivity) but also allegedly beneficial to people who suffer depression.  There has been little research into the benefits or consequences  (apart from the illicit nature) so far. Heres someones recent experiences

There's a reason why there's a strong connection between artistic types (musicians, designers, artists) and marijuana usage because of what the drug does. It can be performance-enhancing though it depends on the person.

However the same drugs that work well for abstract style thinking, as is required for those activities, aren't that great for more logical modes of thinking and types of work and in some cases could be downright dangerous.

I would have a problem if it were the employer dishing them out because the consequence of that is that people who refuse to take it might well find themselves unemployable where the employer(s) feel that the drugs are necessary for or benefit the tasks to be performed. Call it one of those "unwritten" rules.

I don't see a particular problem if people choose to take such things; performance should be, and is most usefully measured, by results. If they have a negative result (e.g. people start hallucinating, are incapable of conducting themselves lucidly and clearly in phone calls) then the employee should be subject to investigation for their failure to perform their job.

Good time of year for this topic.

I find this interesting.  It is the sort of thing that I'd consider giving a go, but I'm not going to go to too much effort to get hold of the stuff.

I'd add that (unlike the 70's) there's not necessarily that much clean LSD around.  Much will be contaminated with speed* or something else**.  I suppose you can get it online these days, but it is still a dark-web bitcoin faff.

Mushrooms are easier***, but a) you'd need a few**** and b) you'd need to be confident that you've not got it wrong.  Mushrooms are also a bit too variable between individual mushrooms, which is okay if you're taking a couple of dozen of the things, less so if you're taking one or two.

I'd also consider microdosing modafinil which has the great virtue of being legal (to take/possess) but frankly I can't be bothered with that either.

[* which isn't a good thing from the microdosing point of view, although I'd accept that position might be wrong, particularly for borderline adhd]

[** doesn't sound good to me]

[*** plenty of info on the internet, which is much easier than the 'ask a hippy' olden days.  I'd suggest anyone interested is careful to distinguish information available on 'type of thing found in US' vs 'type of thing found in Europe'.]

[**** unlike LSD you need loads of the things for an effective dose.  Microdose would, I guess, be two or three, but if you're doing, say one day on, two off, you'd need loads to keep going for a 3 month experiment (say)]

I'd add a note of caution; microdosing is one thing, but a full dose of LSD or mushrooms isn't necessarily a pleasant experience (depending on the individual).  I'd suggest anyone tempted to do so should take further advice from someone that knows about stuff.  (I'd actually advise people not to bother, unless they're particularly interested in watching elves jump on their head -- that said, I'm fairly open to people going on about the whole 'one with the universe' type of thing.  Just that elves are more likely).

I love LSD and cannabis. Total ballache them being illegal, because as a middle aged man, I cannot get hold of any on the very rare occasions I fancy some.

I suppose I could go collect some magic mushrooms if we get some wet weather, there are plenty of horse fields nearby. 

7 minutes ago, spunko said:

The normalisation of LSD and cannabis are at fever pitch in Silicon Valley and thus spreading to elsewhere;  just don't mention the adverse effects like major psychotic episodes/schizophrenia, panic attacks, and a general wankerish pretentiousness that many users find out about far too late. These people have access to Google and are meant to be the brightest minds in the world - very strange disconnect.

Working  14 hour days with the aid of LSD must be a blast!

Watching that Google upper echelon post election wankfest didn't exactly give over the impression that they were the ultra bright tech semi-gods that we are led to believe,  or maybe it was the drugs.

11 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'd add a note of caution; microdosing is one thing, but a full dose of LSD or mushrooms isn't necessarily a pleasant experience (depending on the individual).  I'd suggest anyone tempted to do so should take further advice from someone that knows about stuff.  (I'd actually advise people not to bother, unless they're particularly interested in watching elves jump on their head -- that said, I'm fairly open to people going on about the whole 'one with the universe' type of thing.  Just that elves are more likely).

.. and therein lies a potential problem and it's the same with all drugs - tolerance. "It isn't working any more. I need to up the dose". Whether the individual does so or not has a great deal to do with their own personality hence why some become alcoholics and others do not.

2 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I love LSD and cannabis. Total ballache them being illegal, because as a middle aged man, I cannot get hold of any on the very rare occasions I fancy some.

I suppose I could go collect some magic mushrooms if we get some wet weather, there are plenty of horse fields nearby. 

I must set a diary reminder this year. Every time we drive past where they grow someone has got to them already.

3 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Next four weeks or so...

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

Same here / me too. Cannabis sometimes gave me paranoid panic attacks unless moderated with booze but 1970s LSD was the most fantastic thing ever. Keep meaning to try mushrooms but never quite done it. Not really sure my 40 years older mind will be as up for it as it used to be. Warning by the way mushrooms are just as super illegal as lsd. 

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

Good time of year for this topic.

I find this interesting.  It is the sort of thing that I'd consider giving a go, but I'm not going to go to too much effort to get hold of the stuff.

I'd add that (unlike the 70's) there's not necessarily that much clean LSD around.  Much will be contaminated with speed* or something else**.  I suppose you can get it online these days, but it is still a dark-web bitcoin faff.

Mushrooms are easier***, but a) you'd need a few**** and b) you'd need to be confident that you've not got it wrong.  Mushrooms are also a bit too variable between individual mushrooms, which is okay if you're taking a couple of dozen of the things, less so if you're taking one or two.

I'd also consider microdosing modafinil which has the great virtue of being legal (to take/possess) but frankly I can't be bothered with that either.

[* which isn't a good thing from the microdosing point of view, although I'd accept that position might be wrong, particularly for borderline adhd]

[** doesn't sound good to me]

[*** plenty of info on the internet, which is much easier than the 'ask a hippy' olden days.  I'd suggest anyone interested is careful to distinguish information available on 'type of thing found in US' vs 'type of thing found in Europe'.]

[**** unlike LSD you need loads of the things for an effective dose.  Microdose would, I guess, be two or three, but if you're doing, say one day on, two off, you'd need loads to keep going for a 3 month experiment (say)]

Just go the hole ten yards DMT is where it`s @ :D

On a serious note and from a lay persons point of view with plenty of historical experience with psilocybin (liberty cap  mushrooms) i can see the possibilities/benefits of micro-dosing psilocybin when it comes to depression ,from experience if you get get the amount right the result is euphoric ,but and its a big but as you allude to ,getting the dose right  using mushrooms would be very difficult and getting it wrong on the too much side of things could lead to a very interesting or fecking terrifying day depending on the person 

2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Same here / me too. Cannabis sometimes gave me paranoid panic attacks unless moderated with booze but 1970s LSD was the most fantastic thing ever. Keep meaning to try mushrooms but never quite done it. Not really sure my 40 years older mind will be as up for it as it used to be. Warning by the way mushrooms are just as super illegal as lsd. 

A bit like champagne mixed with a touch of weed. Prepare for a couple of sleepless nights.

7 minutes ago, DTMark said:

.. and therein lies a potential problem and it's the same with all drugs - tolerance. "It isn't working any more. I need to up the dose". Whether the individual does so or not has a great deal to do with their own personality hence why some become alcoholics and others do not.

I'd actually suggest LSD is fairly safe from this point of view -- there's no real physiological harm from having massive doses. It isn't physiologically addictive, either.

The lethal dose of alcohol is only 10x (say) the effective dose.  The LD:ED for LSD is way over 100.  It is probably one of the safest drugs around.

[far less safe if contaminated, though]

[bad trips are potentially dangerous, though.  Which is why naive people shouldn't do it.]

Edited by dgul

7 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I must set a diary reminder this year. Every time we drive past where they grow someone has got to them already.

Wales is covered in them,i used to pick them by the carrier bag  if you need a spot  

10 minutes ago, DTMark said:

They're everywhere.

Just now, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I'm curious about this microdosing of LSD, but would only be interested in doing it if I could get hold of medical grade stuff in very accurately measured doses. Which I would guess is almost impossible.

You'd need to be a hipster like Jon Snow "researching" for a TV show.

You can get a similar efffect by creosoting your fence. Proper creosote gives something off and when you breath it in it goes into your bloodstream and makes you feel relaxed and happy, gives you vivid dreams as well. 

It's poisonous and carcinogenic though. Plus creosoting your fence on a daily basis might upset the neighbours. 

30 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yeah maybe I'm overcautious but buying an indeterminate dose of potentially contaminated LSD off some scumbag on the street corner seems a little high risk to me.

Nobody buys it on the street corner anymore, it's all done via the darknet with cryptos/TOR.

22 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Nobody buys it on the street corner anymore, it's all done via the darknet with cryptos/TOR.

Perhaps surprisingly for a Dosbodder, I haven't got TOR and I have no cryptos. Seems a lot of trouble to go to to buy from someone who may be no better than the bloke on the street corner. Or do the darknet sites have the equivalent of Amazon Reviews? :)

Satisfied customer Five stars ***** "My illegal drugs were delivered without a hitch"...

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Yeah maybe I'm overcautious but buying an indeterminate dose of potentially contaminated LSD off some scumbag on the street corner seems a little high risk to me.

Street corner is almost certainly crap.  I read somewhere that 90% of LSD sold in Glasgow (I think) was something else, or at least, not a high %age of LSD.

It is my understanding that dark-web suppliers are very much more clean -- due to the risk of negative customer reviews, etc.  It is still very much an unknown, though.  

16 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Perhaps surprisingly for a Dosbodder, I haven't got TOR and I have no cryptos. Seems a lot of trouble to go to to buy from someone who may be no better than the bloke on the street corner. Or do the darknet sites have the equivalent of Amazon Reviews? :)

Satisfied customer Five stars ***** "My illegal drugs were delivered without a hitch"...

Yes.  It looks exactly like that, with an additional 'and they were high quality.'

4 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Surprisingly they do! It is a bit like ebay, buyers and sellers can leave positive and negative feedback.

I’ve never take lsd or imbibed magic mushrooms. In the past I became alcohol dependent but quit over 25 years ago.

After ten years stone cold sober I tried smoking cannabis for the first time. I liked it.

I’ve smoked it on and off since then. One of the things that put me off buying it was never really knowing how it was grown etc. This year I grew my own in my greenhouse. Lovely stuff!

I only have a sprinkle in a few roll up cigarettes in the evening and I find it helps me sleep. Occasionally I’ll have similar during the day a couple of tomes if I’m enduring stressful life circumstances.

Can’t say I’ve suffered any adverse effects from cannabis but I’m a very low user but probably a substantial bit more than a micro doser. I’ve read stuff about people micro dosing with cannabis and they sing its praises used that way.

Moderation is the key I suppose when imbibing a mind altering substance.