• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Trust me I’m a doctor

Well, surgeon but couldn’t resist the title.  Not something we would normally discuss but this is just weird.  She looks weird, hard as nails

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45567103

A California surgeon and his girlfriend have been charged with two sexual assaults, and investigators suspect there could be "hundreds" more victims. 

Grant William Robicheaux, 38, and Cerissa Laura Riley, 31, allegedly attacked two women they met at a bar and a restaurant in 2016.

Prosecutors told the So-Called BBC "thousands and thousands" of videos of potential victims were on the defendants' phones.

Investigators are trying to identify the women in the clips.

At a news conference on Tuesday, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said the pair were suspected of using their "clean-cut" looks to lure targets into a false sense of security.

Ive got a funny rash 'down there' Ive PMed you a piccy ...

Youll struggle to find anyother area where people have a very self important, high opinion of themselves than medicine.

Really need to be kicking healthcare's arse. The actual vlaue add people p- nurses, DRs surgeon etc - add is pretty limited.

Anititoics and people's immune system do the heavy lifting in keeping you  healthy.

Healthcare  - bar emergency stuff - has debatable results.

46 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well, surgeon but couldn’t resist the title.  Not something we would normally discuss but this is just weird.  She looks weird, hard as nails

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45567103

A California surgeon and his girlfriend have been charged with two sexual assaults, and investigators suspect there could be "hundreds" more victims. 

Grant William Robicheaux, 38, and Cerissa Laura Riley, 31, allegedly attacked two women they met at a bar and a restaurant in 2016.

Prosecutors told the So-Called BBC "thousands and thousands" of videos of potential victims were on the defendants' phones.

Investigators are trying to identify the women in the clips.

At a news conference on Tuesday, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said the pair were suspected of using their "clean-cut" looks to lure targets into a false sense of security.

The pics further down where they’re smiling show what their victims were up against better. I’d guess many of the women thought “phwoar”, or at least initially. 

Weird people, weird case. Wonder if they have killed any? 

42 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Ive got a funny rash 'down there' Ive PMed you a piccy ...

Youll struggle to find anyother area where people have a very self important, high opinion of themselves than medicine.

Really need to be kicking healthcare's arse. The actual vlaue add people p- nurses, DRs surgeon etc - add is pretty limited.

Anititoics and people's immune system do the heavy lifting in keeping you  healthy.

Healthcare  - bar emergency stuff - has debatable results.

Never been sick, Spy?

Edit. Sorry re-read, see what you mean. I think we can say surgeons add value though.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

19 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

The pics further down where they’re smiling show what their victims were up against better. I’d guess many of the women thought “phwoar”, or at least initially. 

Never been sick, Spy?

Edit. Sorry re-read, see what you mean. I think we can say surgeons add value though.

I have been sick.

Surgeons attend to be the end of the E in AnE.

And even then, the value add/effective is debatable.

The NHS has, sensibly, concentrated routine surgery in large regional centres. There, surgeons and their teams to the same stuff day in day out.

What was happening was that youd get jobbing surgeons - a lot of non Brits esp - trying their hand at various procedures. It was a fucking disaster.

Thats sort of fixed - surgery outcomes are a lot less variable.

The next thing that needs sorting is whether surgery should occur.

On really fat and really old people surgeries not worth the risk.

53 minutes ago, eight said:

Clearly you don't watch Holby City, or you would recognise these anguished souls for the gods that they truly are.

Clearly Holby City dont watch the local hospital.

Tnen youd have a a very variable number of nurses depending is its sunny, rainy or if theyve been out the night before.

There's a great TV movie where Tom Selleck plays a police chief in a small town. A couple, high flyers from Boston, move to the area and because of their wealth everyone loves them. Chief Selleck sees them for what they are of course - serial killers who think they are too intelligent to be caught.

Things do not go well for them after that.

The trouble with medicine, particularly in the US but still somewhat true in the UK, is that it attracts people wanting to be wealthy.  Then you end up with two problems:

• a decent %age of narcissists with psychopathic tendencies 
  • barely qualified individuals that have been pushed by pushy parents throughout their life and who believe that they are wonderful but are actually mediocre.  

Although I'd note that the majority of medics will be at least okay. 

After that you've got the problems the NHS creates, which are tangible.  I was hearing a article the other day (something about wonderful NHS on R4), which actually highlighted the problem without realising -- after the NHS was formed you got an increase in the health of the nation (actually a post-war effect), and they'd over budgeted for doctors.  The doctors then had relatively large amounts of time and were committed to the cause enough to think about how they might improve things.  This led to two problems (again) -- an assumption that medicine can do more good by focusing on healthcare, and real developments such as joint replacement surgery.  The problem is that the 'easy' radical stuff has now been done, but the mindset remains.  So we get medicine intervening in health -- not a bad thing, but the God complex makes it difficult for them to reverse (statins, removing fat from food, etc) -- and medicine spending a lot of time inventing new procedures that often don't actually improve quality of life.

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Must be something more to this case than is being mentioned.

They're clearly an attractive couple,  I doubt they'd have much trouble finding willing partners if they looked for them.

So,  judging by the clue about the thousands video clips on their phones,  I guess they were simply filming drunk partners without their (sober) consent.

It will be interesting to find out how many of the suspected sexual partners actually complain..   

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

They're clearly an attractive couple,  I doubt they'd have much trouble finding willing partners if they looked for them.

So,  judging by the clue about the thousands video clips on their phones,  I guess they were simply filming drunk partners without their (sober) consent.

It will be interesting to find out how many of the suspected sexual partners actually complain..   

One of the two had unidentifiable drugs in their system

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes. Is this thousands of willing women happy to indulge in a supposed 3-some with a good looking couple? Or were they drugged? 

Thousands? Be interesting if that is true. This couple is still young. Thousands of women would mean that they were out prowling on a weekly basis, if not more, wouldn't it?

37 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Good point. I mean unless they were killing these women afterwards surely if there's thousands involved if it wasn't consensual then surely one of them would have gone to the police by now. Just because one person had drugs in their system (who'd of thought people do drugs at festivals) doesn't mean fuck all at this point.

If they really had been shagging thousands of women it's 100% guaranteed one of these women are going to change her mind and say it was rape. He also no doubt told them he was a surgeon and worth taking to the cleaners.

43 minutes ago, dgul said:

The trouble with medicine, particularly in the US but still somewhat true in the UK, is that it attracts people wanting to be wealthy Then you end up with two problems:

• a decent %age of narcissists with psychopathic tendencies 
  • barely qualified individuals that have been pushed by pushy parents throughout their life and who believe that they are wonderful but are actually mediocre.  

I have noticed that all the difficult doctors I've worked with have been from the US or UK. Never had problems with the other European or Japanese doctors who seem to have more respect for other disciplines.

I also know many people who didn't get into medical school despite top grades and relevant work experience so I don't understand why we then poach doctors from other countries instead of training our own.

59 minutes ago, dgul said:

The trouble with medicine, ..... but still somewhat true in the UK, is that it attracts people wanting to be wealthy....

All the people who I knew studying or intending to study medicine were really nice people and certainly not in it for the money.

I think it's just one of those elite restricted fields without any real competition, where once you're in you become a bit detatched and just think you're worth it.

6 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

All the people who I knew studying or intending to study medicine were really nice people and certainly not in it for the money.

I think it's just one of those elite restricted fields without any real competition, where once you're in you become a bit detatched and just think you're worth it.

Yes, also my experience.

I think the constant exposure to diseases, death and, in the case of surgeons, actually cutting people up can subsequently turn some of them funny if those tendencies are there in the first place but my experience is that the great majority are decent people.

My only visit to a doctor in the last ten years was veyr pleasant, lovely clever woman who I got the impression spent most of her time dealing with thankless foul mouthed chavs because she was far more interested in having a chat than rushing straight on to what the problem is and getting onto the next patient.

This impression was reinforced as a I left the surgery when I wallked past two probable and rough looking women one of whom was on her mobile saying "They won't fucking let me see a doctor today blah blah useless fuckers blah blah".  She seemed perfectly well, certainly not an emergency case, and the surgery was very short staffed owing to the rare occasion of snow in Cornwall meaning that a lot had not come in or left early.  We can't drive in it down 'yer you see because we so rarely get it.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Yes. Is this thousands of willing women happy to indulge in a supposed 3-some with a good looking couple? Or were they drugged? 

Thousands? Be interesting if that is true. This couple is still young. Thousands of women would mean that they were out prowling on a weekly basis, if not more, wouldn't it?

For clarity,  I think the article referenced thousands of videos/pictures etc..  there might be far fewer individual partners/victims.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I guess circumstances will be important.  If they were picking up people at music festivals and night clubs..  there is probably a 50:50 chance of that anyway.

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

Agreed. It could also be a mix - can’t find a hot chick up for a threesome tonight, ok we’ll drug one instead.

3 hours ago, eight said:

Clearly you don't watch Holby City, or you would recognise these anguished souls for the gods that they truly are.

My daughter is fixated currently on a Netflix hospital drama: "The Good doctor" featuring an autistic savant junior surgeon - apparently autism in TV land is no longer sold as disability but rather an X-men-style superpower, so basically we're talking about God-complex (cubed). Unwatchably irritating on every level - even worse than Doogie Howser M.D.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

37 minutes ago, Libspero said:

For clarity,  I think the article referenced thousands of videos/pictures etc..  there might be far fewer individual partners/victims.

Yeah, there's also the curious use of "images" to describe videos often in cases like this (although not in the referenced article). Thousands of images = one video, one victim, quite often.