• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

!!!Danger!!!! - New disease threatens public heath

17 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is my belief that they've kept a lid on crime & disruptive behaviour over the last 20 years by throwing money at the scumclass.  This has worked -- after all, who would want to go out and mug someone when a little creative welfare fraud is so much easier.

The effectiveness of this is now wearing thin -- and the current levels of crime and disruption is nothing compared to what will come.

[I also believe they 'solved' the problems of NI with the same approach, but that's a different story]

Yup.  It is no different that Rome and the fear of 'The Mob' being placated with free money, bread, and circuses.

DIfference is now that the mob all have iphones and know where the rich people live down to the specific street....

22 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is my belief that they've kept a lid on crime & disruptive behaviour over the last 20 years by throwing money at the scumclass.

I've been saying this for years in NI - the way they got the scum to stop shooting each other was via council houses, DLA cars, community centers, and various other types of taxpayer funded goodies.

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I've been saying this for years in NI - the way they got the scum to stop shooting each other was via council houses, DLA cars, community centers, and various other types of taxpayer funded goodies.

Yeah.

I was talking to some armeicans who have invested big into NI.  They had no idea of the scale of the troubles and how it's been paid off by british governments for 30 years to keep both sides quiet, but it could regress very fast if the money dries up.

They thought I was crazy.  I pointed out that according to official stats, catholics and protestants mix less now than in the 1970's.

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Welsh language TV? Welsh language bias in all public sector jobs?

Edited by The Masked Tulip
typo, found one, can't be arsed looking for more.

29 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is my belief that they've kept a lid on crime & disruptive behaviour over the last 20 years by throwing money at the scumclass.  This has worked -- after all, who would want to go out and mug someone when a little creative welfare fraud is so much easier.

The effectiveness of this is now wearing thin -- and the current levels of crime and disruption is nothing compared to what will come.

[I also believe they 'solved' the problems of NI with the same approach, but that's a different story]

Partially.

They now got a income to support and no benefits - hence mopeds and knives.

6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

So how do ou stop the scums kids shooting each other?

Esp. as both sides have ruined NI economy.

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Welsh language TV? Welsh language bias in all public sector jobs?

The size of the public sector (and immediately related activities, like outsourced stuff) in Wales is such that it might as well be communist.

I suppose there is community still around (especially in rural areas and, yes, often with a language bias), but any restriction on the ability of the government to hand out money will likely result in bad effects -- especially around Valleys and Newport/Cardiff, but also in the old shitholes (that are now bearable), like Carmarthen or LLanelli.

Edited by dgul

At the risk of not being my usual hysterical self, I can't help but think that the current tory press's bombastic reporting of the LONDON CRIMEWAVE is simply their feverish last ditch attempt to discredit Khan. London's murder rate is still only back to where it was in the early 2000s, and still well below the early 90s, when the population was significantly smaller. Its still below where the two largest remaining 'white' cities in the UK (Liverpool, Glasgow) are. 

Yes, certainly coloured tribes seem the biggest troublemakers in Londons case, but thats a demographic morass that has been 20 years in the making. While Khan would do nothing to stop it cant really blame him for it either.

I stay away from London, but its not because of the crime, its more the overcrowding, hassle, queuing and generally feeling like an alien city that keeps me away unless I have to enter. 

Edited by PatronizingGit

2 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

At the risk of not being my usual hysterical self, I can't help but think that the current tory press's bombastic reporting of the LONDON CRIMEWAVE is simply their feverish last ditch attempt to discredit Khan. London's murder rate is still only back to where it was in the early 2000s, and still well below the early 90s, when the population was significantly smaller. Its still below where the two largest remaining 'white' cities in the UK (Liverpool, Glasgow) are. 

Yes, certainly coloured tribes seem the biggest troublemakers in Londons case, but thats a demographic morass that has been 20 years in the making. While Khan would do nothing to stop it 

I stay away from London, but its not because of the crime, its more the overcrowding, hassle, queuing and generally feeling like an alien city that keeps me away unless I have to enter. 

I'd agree.  I lived in central London in the 80's (when a normal person could afford to live on Baker Street), and recall the danger wandering around Camden (say) late at night.  A good friend was murdered, I was threatened with murder (twice) and a few mates were pummelled (I've no idea why -- they were mugged but they were beaten up way beyond that necessary to take their cash).

I've wandered around those areas more recently and the threat has gone.

But it'll be back, and in greater numbers.

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'd agree.  I lived in central London in the 80's (when a normal person could afford to live on Baker Street), and recall the danger wandering around Camden (say) late at night.  A good friend was murdered, I was threatened with murder (twice) and a few mates were pummelled (I've no idea why -- they were mugged but they were beaten up way beyond that necessary to take their cash).

Indeed. If everyone had cameraphones 20, 30 years ago, Im sure things back then would have looked a lot bleaker.

4 minutes ago, dgul said:

I lived in central London (Barbican) through most of the 90s.  I never felt unsafe and would happily walk back from Leicester Square or wherever by myself after the pubs had closed.

Prior to that I lived for a few years in SW London and variously went out in Kingston, Wimbledon, Chiswick and would happily walk back a few miles after the pub closed.

I wouldn't however have done this in Stockwell, Neasden, Bermondsey etc. etc.

London is a very big place and varies a lot. 

31 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I was talking to some armeicans who have invested big into NI.  They had no idea of the scale of the troubles and how it's been paid off by british governments for 30 years to keep both sides quiet, but it could regress very fast if the money dries up.

They thought I was crazy.  I pointed out that according to official stats, catholics and protestants mix less now than in the 1970's.

What sort of investments - are these business owners outsourcing to NI?

There are so few areas that are actually 'integrated' in NI, that the house prices in those areas go through the roof.

And then you have the other issue which you didn't have back in '98 which is massive amounts of migration. Apparently primary schools are having serious issues with several different languages being spoken in one classroom - 20 years ago I'd have said you were mad if you'd have predicted that happening.

The non-chav young people are generally total cucks, many of whom have no future (in terms of starting a family, buying a house ect...) but don't care, so will present no problems at all. I know 30 year olds who still get on like 15 year olds. But it's the chavs and the migrants; that's the groups I'd be watching. That's where the trouble will kick off. And there's also far more drugged up homeless people wandering Belfast city centre than there's ever been.

I remain skeptical regarding the recent NI economic boom which has seen house prices on the up. There do seem to be plenty of tourists, and there's been a tech boom because we're cheaper than the Americans, but I still maintain that the NI economy has at it's foundation tax payers money and public sector jobs. And lots of the towns in NI outside of Belfast are really fucking grim and sectarian. There are lots of commercial buildings in Belfast City Centre with nobody occupying them, and a whole stretch only 3 minutes from the city hall which is completely dead now.

Edited by JoeDavola

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

You give them council houses and tax credits too.

My mate dated a 35 year old grandmother. Her 16 year old daughter didn't know who the Dad was as she'd fucked 5 guys that week. There are whole communities of chav's where everyone gets their free house near each other and thus everyone has their baby at 16. That's why I've said before that the country will be on it's knees (i.e. no running water, no electricity) before they'll consider taking the Chav free money away. Cause there would be millions of feral chav's unleashed. It would be like dawn of the fucking dead only with tracksuits on.

The sad thing about 16 year old mothers is that the best thing they could do is put them in monitored shared houses, offer support to them but make it clear that the only way out of the shared accommodation is for them to sort our their lives.  The current situation (ie, easy way to get a house and don't have to work much if at all) is clearly offering exactly to wrong incentives.

[16 year olds are just kids.  The current situation is tantamount to child abuse.]

21 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

You give them council houses and tax credits too.

My mate dated a 35 year old grandmother. Her 16 year old daughter didn't know who the Dad was as she'd fucked 5 guys that week. That same mate was a mostly celibate 35 year old computer programmer with two first class degrees renting a one bed apartment near his work, while his chav brother the same age had a 3 bed council house for free, one kid, and apparently was dealing drugs and banging all the wee chav girls on the estate. Oh and he didn't work cause he had a 'bad back'.

There are whole communities of chav's where everyone gets their free house near each other and thus everyone has their baby at 16. That's why I've said before that the country will be on it's knees (i.e. no running water, no electricity) before they'll consider taking the Chav free money away. Cause there would be millions of feral chav's unleashed. It would be like dawn of the fucking dead only with tracksuits on.

Very good.

What is already happening is the use of inflation to erode benefits as it has wages.  Housing Benefit / LHA has been frozen for a couple of years and remains so until 2020 and the roll in of Universal Credit will also allow combined benefits to be capped and be gradually eroded.

Some housing association rents already exceed LHA, even for appropriately sized households, and child benefit is now capped at two (unless the third or more was born pre ?2017).  So that means taking a step down in house size in order to meet the rent.

The life of reilly on benefts is coming to an end as surely as the life of not so reilly has already ended for those at the bottom of the pay scale that can't leverage tax credits.

Everybody gets poorer but in such a slow way that they don't notice it just as working people have lost half their buying power in 40 years without a murmur. 

£40k was a good salary when I started work late 80s; it is somehow still viewed as a good salary.

The ONS RPI index for Jan 1987 is 100, for August 2018 it is 284.2.  So that £40k today should be £114k.  It's still £40k.

41 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

£40k was a good salary when I started work late 80s; it is somehow still viewed as a good salary.

The ONS RPI index for Jan 1987 is 100, for August 2018 it is 284.2.  So that £40k today should be £114k.  It's still £40k.

This amused me last week; the wages that Cambridge University are paying, considering the cost of buying a gaff in Cambridge:

http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

This amused me last week; the wages that Cambridge University are paying, considering the cost of buying a gaff in Cambridge:

http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/

No wonder they have a lot of jobs going.  They want the moon on a stick for £26k annual salary.

That calculation has actually brought home to me quite how much the "labour market" is taking the piss these days.  I'm going to be pulling in my retirement age as I really don't think it's worth my working another three and a half years for the difference that receiving the salary makes to me; I can train up my replacements in about a year so eighteen months would be about right as I have no desire to damage my employer and that would also be the last time that I get something for my NI as I then hit maximum state pension.

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No wonder they have a lot of jobs going.  They want the moon on a stick for £26k annual salary.

That calculation has actually brought home to me quite how much the "labour market" is taking the piss these days.  I'm going to be pulling in my retirement age as I really don't think it's worth my working another three and a half years for the difference that receiving the salary makes to me; I can train up my replacements in about a year so eighteen months would be about right as I have no desire to damage my employer and that would also be the last time that I get something for my NI as I then hit maximum state pension.

It's an insult, isn't it? And this is the world famous Cambridge University. Perhaps they're hoping that well qualified hard working adults will be happy to settle for living in a house share in Cambridge just to say that they work for Cambridge uni...

9 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

It's an insult, isn't it? And this is the world famous Cambridge University. Perhaps they're hoping that well qualified hard working adults will be happy to settle for living in a house share in Cambridge just to say that they work for Cambridge uni...

I think that is exactly the mindset. 

As a colleague used to say to me, I can work anywhere for free...