• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

School canteen spiked with laxative

41 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Picolax is the nuclear grade option ,the doc told me to wear trousers with a elasticated waist band and stay within in a few yards of the bog i thought he was joking ,the fecker wasn`t 

After watching that it must have been Picolax or similar...you should not laugh but that`s hilarious 

Edited by Long time lurking

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

Picolax is the nuclear grade option ,the doc told me to wear trousers with a elasticated waist band and stay within in a few yards of the bog i thought he was joking ,the fecker wasn`t 

Ah Picolax.  There was a in real time update on that on Unsustainable Future.  It did read like the nuclear option.

15 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

After watching that it must have been Picolax or similar...you should not laugh but that`s hilarious 

I probably don’t want to know the answer but why would a doctor subscribe this?  Surely there are gentler options 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I probably don’t want to know the answer but why would a doctor subscribe this?  Surely there are gentler options 

Shits and giggles?

1 minute ago, One percent said:

For me it was the night before a barium enema, it`s astonishing how quick it works initially, then within in a few hours the water i was advised to drink 3-4 pints was coming out as clean as it went in this was obviously the desired end result

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

For me it was the night before a barium enema, it`s astonishing how quick it works initially, then within in a few hours the water i was advised to drink 3-4 pints was coming out as clean as it went in this was obviously the desired end result

:Sick1:

nice fake but reminds me when I was at junior school and a boy brought in some laxative chocolate, you are only supposed to take a small square but he was immediately surrounded by girls who devoured the stuff despite him trying to stop them. You can image the disaster half an hour later, the poor things couldn't even make it out of the classroom before "logging out".

My partner got me some sugar free sweets from Aldi that had that effect. A small box so I ate them all.

When sat on the can half an hour later I decided to read the box I'd shoved in my pocket, 'excessive consumption may cause laxative effects'.

Cheaper than a prescription if I'm ever in need...

9 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

My partner got me some sugar free sweets from Aldi that had that effect. A small box so I ate them all.

When sat on the can half an hour later I decided to read the box I'd shoved in my pocket, 'excessive consumption may cause laxative effects'.

Cheaper than a prescription if I'm ever in need...

It's sorbitol.

I used to really like sugar free mints; they had a different but to my mind better taste than the normal mints.  But it became very clear to me the effect that they had.

I have actually recommended them to people with trouble going but they don't take it seriously.

18 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's sorbitol.

I used to really like sugar free mints; they had a different but to my mind better taste than the normal mints.  But it became very clear to me the effect that they had.

I have actually recommended them to people with trouble going but they don't take it seriously.

Thats because like the BMW rider in Zen and The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance they cant deal with the medical equivalent of him having his lovely bike fixed with a bit of an old coke can. Just put them in a plain package and tell them that they are natural remedies from the health food shop or something.

Edited by Melchett

Just now, Melchett said:

Thats because like the BMW rider in Zen and The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance they cant deal with the medical equivalent of him having his lovely bike fixed with a bit of an old coke can. Just put them in a plain package and tell them that they are natural remedies from the health food shop or something.

Great analogy - I must read that again.  He was actually offended by the thought that a bit of a drink can could supply a shim for his BMW bike.

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Great analogy - I must read that again.  He was actually offended by the thought that a bit of a drink can could supply a shim for his BMW bike.

My origional copy was misbound from about 2/5 to 4/5 through. Sections in the wrong order, sections repeated.  It made an already weird read even weirder i can tell you.

2 minutes ago, Melchett said:

My origional copy was misbound from about 2/5 to 4/5 through. Sections in the wrong order, sections repeated.  It made an already weird read even weirder i can tell you.

I refused to read it for years because of the bloody stupid title - which remains bloody stupid - and because it was a bit of a hippy staple that was always listed by the mail order book sellers in the music press in the early 80s.

If I'd have had your experience it would have gone in the bin!

5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I refused to read it for years because of the bloody stupid title - which remains bloody stupid - and because it was a bit of a hippy staple that was always listed by the mail order book sellers in the music press in the early 80s.

If I'd have had your experience it would have gone in the bin!

I read it a couple of times in the 80s, and although I liked it and it is one of the few books I can honestly say has had a lasting impact on me, I bought a knidle copy maybe 10 years ago when my Kindle was new and fresh and I was looking for stuff to read on long trips.... and it remains unread.

I didnt realise how fucked up my original copy was till I compared it to a friends copy. Which just goes to show how weird it is.