• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
null;

Ramsgate Boys, 15, held over suspected terror offences

Refuse to link to the So-Called BBC, but no surprise that this is on the UK news homepage:

"Two 15-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of planning to carry out far-right terrorism offences in Kent.

Police said the pair, both from Ramsgate, were arrested at their home addresses on suspicion of preparing for terrorist acts."

I totally agree that any form of terrorism should be tackled, but the way the So-Called BBC jump on this and make it featured news but ignore the hundreds of others is a touch irritating.

It's only news worthy because its a rare? Will they have it on the homepage if they are released without charge?

Arrested on suspicion - would like to know more about the detail. A real terror attack or just stupid talk at school overheard by a teacher?

Could be anything, their parents are known UKIP supporters, all the way up to planning to blow up a mosque. The way to tell is if there are follow-ups in the press later. If it's quietly disappeared then it means the guilty teenagers went on Breitbart a few too many times. ;)

Also for those that don't know, and may not be relevant per se, but, Ramsgate is in South Thanet, home of dubious election meddling and Craig "When Will I Be Sent Down?" Mackinlay, MP.

Fifteen year old schoolboys aboout to launch a terror attack, yeah right.

I don't know if people have heard of this; it was in the news when I was over there one time.  Total fantasy all in their heads plot that two Tennessee men claimed they were going to carry out culminating in the assassination of Barak Obama.  It is clearly nonsense from beginning to end but one got ten years and one fourteen.

Paul Schlesselman, 18, of Helena–West Helena, Arkansas, and Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tennessee, allegedly plotted to assassinate Barack Obama during his 2008 presidential campaign.[1] Both Neo-Nazis, Schlesselman and Cowart were introduced to each other via the Internet in September 2008 by a mutual friend who shared their white supremacist beliefs.[2] Within a month they began planning to kill Obama by driving their vehicle toward him as fast as they could and shooting at him from the windows. The murder was planned as the final act of violence of a killing spree in which the men planned to kill 88 African Americans by gunfire, mostly children at an unidentified, predominantly black school.[3][4] They also planned to behead 14 of the 88 victims. The numbers were chosen for their special significance in the white power movement:[3] 88 means "Heil Hitler", since H is the eighth letter in the alphabet, and 14 represents the 14-word white supremacist mantra, "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."[5]

Schlesselman and Cowart chatted on the Internet about how to carry out the operation. Schlesselman suggested using a sawed-off shotgun because it would be easy to maneuver; he also said he planned to steal a gun from his father.[2] Prior to their arrest, the men decorated their car with a swastika and drew the numbers 88 and 14 on their hood using window chalk.[3] Authorities believe the men may have planned to move from state to state to choose their victims. They also planned to wear white tuxedos and top hats during the assassination attempt.[1]

And the only thing that they did actually do?  Shoot a window.

On October 22, Schlesselman and Cowart shot at a glass window on the front door of the Allen Baptist Church in Brownsville, Tennessee.[6] The two men bragged to a female friend about the shooting; the friend told her mother, who notified the Haywood County Sheriff's Department. Investigators traced the shell casings to Schlesselman and Cowart, and notified the Crockett County Sheriff's Department, who took the pair into custody after spotting the swastikas, slurs and 88 and 14 numbers on their car.[2][3]

It doesn't even mention whether they hit it and it broke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_assassination_plot_in_Tennessee

9 minutes ago, spunko said:

Also for those that don't know, and may not be relevant per se, but, Ramsgate is in South Thanet, home of dubious election meddling and Craig "When Will I Be Sent Down?" Mackinlay, MP.

What was the outcome of that? I read they overspent without recording correct spending but he is still sitting as MP?

11 minutes ago, maudit said:

What was the outcome of that? I read they overspent without recording correct spending but he is still sitting as MP?

It has been delayed twice for "legal reasons".  O.o

17 minutes ago, spunko said:

Could be anything, their parents are known UKIP supporters, all the way up to planning to blow up a mosque. The way to tell is if there are follow-ups in the press later. If it's quietly disappeared then it means the guilty teenagers went on Breitbart a few too many times. ;)

I had to duckduckgo Craig Mckinlay, made for quite concerning reading.

9 minutes ago, null; said:

He's a JP so we must be careful what we say, however did you come across this in your search? It's not mentioned on Wikipedia.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/tory-fighting-farage-owns-immigration-35659/

Skin in the game Remoaner as they say...

6 minutes ago, null; said:

Unless there's more than wiki is saying then the allegation is purely that the visit of the Conservative cnetral office campiagn bus and the cost of the hotel accommodation of the people on it wasn't declared in his election expenses but was declared centrally.  In terrms of seriousness that's on a par with an unpaid parking ticket.

Cameron shoudl be locked up for spending millions on his pro EU leaflet in that case because that wasn't decalred as Remain campaign expenditure.

Electoral spending criminal investigation following the 2015 General Election

In 2016-17, the United Kingdom general election, 2015 party spending investigation revealed that the Conservative Party had spent many thousands of pounds centrally on campaign buses to transport activists, and hotel accommodation for the activists, who went to campaign in marginal constituencies, including South Thanet. The expenditure on the buses was declared by the Conservative Party on its national declaration of "Campaign Spending", but in some cases the hotel accommodation was not declared at all as election spending when it should have been. In addition, there is controversy about whether the expenditure, both on the buses and the accommodation, should have been declared on the declarations of expenditure for the constituency made by each candidate's election agent. Kent Police began an investigation into the spending returns of Mackinlay following the Channel 4 report.[21]

In a court case on 1 June 2016, brought by Mackinlay and his election agent Nathan Gray,[22] District Judge Barron granted more time for investigation saying "In this case, the allegations are far-reaching and the consequences of a conviction would be of a local and national significance with the potential for election results being declared void."[23]

On 14 March 2017, it was reported that Mackinlay had been interviewed under caution by officers investigating the allegations.[24] The day after, Channel 4 News published leaked emails, alleging that Treason May's Political Secretary Stephen Parkinson, and Chris Brannigan, Director of Government Relations at the Cabinet Office, also took a key role in Mackinlay's campaign.[25] In 18 April 2017, Kent police passed Mackinlay's file to the Crown Prosecution Service to be considered for prosecution.[26] The CPS decided on 2 June that it was in the public interest to authorise charges under the Representation of the People Act 1983 against three people: Mackinlay, his agent Nathan Gray, and a party activist, Marion Little.[27][28] Appearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 4 July 2017, the three pleaded not guilty and were released on unconditional bail pending an appearance at Southwark Crown Court on 1 August 2017.[29][30] The investigation of Party Treasurer Simon Day remained ongoing.[31] On 15 August 2017, a trial date of 14 May 2018 was set for Mackinlay on charges relating to his 2015 general election expenses, alongside Little and Gray,[32] but when the day came, the trial was delayed for legal reasons.[33]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Mackinlay

We had the same down here with the current police commissioner.  Basically Labour is trying the same thing on with every constituency that the campaign bus visited to try to make political mischief.

Within days of her election, it was reported that Hernandez was being investigated by police over allegations she failed to properly declare election expenses that were submitted in her role as an election agent for Kevin Foster, Conservative candidate in the Torbay constituency during the 2015 general election. Hernandez is under investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission which is managing the probe by West Mercia Police in connection with the United Kingdom general election, 2015 party spending investigation.[2] She faced calls from opposition politicians, including Plymouth City Council leader Tudor Evans, to step aside from the role of Police and Crime Commissioner while the investigation was ongoing.[3][4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Hernandez

27 minutes ago, spunko said:

He's a JP so we must be careful what we say, however did you come across this in your search? It's not mentioned on Wikipedia.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/tory-fighting-farage-owns-immigration-35659/

Skin in the game Remoaner as they say...

Didn't find that, not surprised - many of the remoaners I know have skin in the game, either for exploiting cheap labour or wanting a slave to serve them coffee in costa.

25 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Unless there's more than wiki is saying then the allegation is purely that the visit of the Conservative cnetral office campiagn bus and the cost of the hotel accommodation of the people on it wasn't declared in his election expenses but was declared centrally.  In terrms of seriousness that's on a par with an unpaid parking ticket.

Cameron shoudl be locked up for spending millions on his pro EU leaflet in that case because that wasn't decalred as Remain campaign expenditure.

We had the same down here with the current police commissioner.  Basically Labour is trying the same thing on with every constituency that the campaign bus visited to try to make political mischief.

Yes, that was my concern. Using the law and the police for political motives.

6 minutes ago, null; said:

Yes, that was my concern. Using the law and the police for political motives.

Sorry, I misread your post.

I thought that you were syaing that the activities of the MP were concerning rather than the politically-motivated prosecution.

On that I agree with you.

28 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Sorry, I misread your post.

I thought that you were syaing that the activities of the MP were concerning rather than the politically-motivated prosecution.

On that I agree with you.

No need to apologise, my post was vague!

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

It is more than that Frank but I'm reluctant to post it here. If you look down the rabbit hole about farage and the Tories. 

30 minutes ago, spunko said:

It is more than that Frank but I'm reluctant to post it here. If you look down the rabbit hole about farage and the Tories. 

If only there was somewhere we could post that kind of thinking ....