• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Van Lady

Offspring leaving home

23 year old son still at home. Has a decent paying job and does fuck all at home. Room like a shitehole.....too embarrassed to post a pic of it! Often wish he would piss off.

Taped a note to his door today. Arrived back and found a super tidy room with washed floors, gleaming furniture and nothing out of place. Looks like he's staying!

IMG_0043.JPG

5 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

23 year old son still at home. Has a decent paying job and does fuck all at home. Room like a shitehole.....too embarrassed to post a pic of it! Often wish he would piss off.

Taped a note to his door today. Arrived back and found a super tidy room with washed floors, gleaming furniture and nothing out of place. Looks like he's staying!

IMG_0043.JPG

Can you write a note for my daughter?  Nothing I say makes a bloody difference. My favourite hate is that she has the water so hot in the shower that it cracks the grout and it regularly needs redoing. She can also run off a tank of hot water with one shower. Ggrrrr. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

And a lot more besides I would think. O.o

Quite honestly my Naval pretensions are quite bogus! As indeed are most peoples tales of internet bravery. I had to work on ships once, as a civilian. The RN made me a uniform, so I looked the part, but really I was there to check the air-con worked, and the toilets flushed.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Quite honestly my Naval pretensions are quite bogus! As indeed are most peoples tales of internet bravery. I had to work on ships once, as a civilian. The RN made me a uniform, so I looked the part, but really I was there to check the air-con worked, and the toilets flushed.

Fatberging!  On a warship. Better than the sewers of London. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Can you write a note for my daughter?  Nothing I say makes a bloody difference. My favourite hate is that she has the water so hot in the shower that it cracks the grout and it regularly needs redoing. She can also run off a tank of hot water with one shower. Ggrrrr. 

Put a note on the shower door explaining that the temperature of shower should not be above ?? because it cracks the grout. Say you KNOW she constantly has it much higher and the next regrouting will have to be either done or paid for by her. Plus if it keeps happening there will be no alternative to disconnect the shower and resort to flannel washes. She'll probably roll her eyes and silently thing you're overreacting xD

For a while I supervised the bath water level for my son. FFS he was filling it to over the overflow level. Even now I'm often "calling" to him GET THAT FUCKING HOT WATER tap off. I threatened disconnecting the boiler. Grrrrr

Good luck...I know you'll need it. They don't care as long as someone else is paying!

1 minute ago, Economic Exile said:

Put a note on the shower door explaining that the temperature of shower should not be above ?? because it cracks the grout. Say you KNOW she constantly has it much higher and the next regrouting will have to be either done or paid for by her. Plus if it keeps happening there will be no alternative to disconnect the shower and resort to flannel washes. She'll probably roll her eyes and silently thing you're overreacting xD

For a while I supervised the bath water level for my son. FFS he was filling it to over the overflow level. Even now I'm often "calling" to him GET THAT FUCKING HOT WATER tap off. I threatened disconnecting the boiler. Grrrrr

Good luck...I know you'll need it. They don't care as long as someone else is paying!

We have had the conversation endlessly. She just gets this blank look and walks away. Grrrrr

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

My boys are 3 years old, and 6 months.

I'm guessing it'll be a long time before the fuck off xD

Sorry to tell you but it just gets progressively worse.  o.O

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Fatberging!  On a warship. Better than the sewers of London. 

Bravery takes different forms! Many sailors should be thanking me, for a nice shit in a warm place.

3 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

My boys are 3 years old, and 6 months.

I'm guessing it'll be a long time before the fuck off xD

Wackford Squeer's "academy for fine young gentlemen" may still be there.

Kick the fuckers out as soon as they are eighteen. They WILL thank you for it later on in life.

Sixteen is even better if you can get away with it - though legally you aren't actually allowed to do that these days.

My maternal grandfather went down the pit when he was fourteen.

A more thoroughly decent working-class bloke you could not hope to meet - and a man who looked-after his family by example - and not by putting them on a pedestal of unachievable dreams, or by calling his three daughters "Princess" or any other such bollocks.

Tough love EE, tough love...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Just now, One percent said:

We have had the conversation endlessly. She just gets this blank look and walks away. Grrrrr

Yes been there. Son 23 now and the shitehole room arguments have been lifelong. Came to the end of my tether about it today (island dreaming, taking off etc).

The note may or may not work. Note says I'm not mentioning or arguing about room again....just going to keep a close eye on it.

If he doesn't change, come March and his room's still a shitehole......I'm off. I think he knows if he wants to stay he'll have to up his game. He does want to stay because he's got a fucking easy life here!

If he fails....I'm free, free, free xD

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Yes been there. Son 23 now and the shitehole room arguments have been lifelong. Came to the end of my tether about it today (island dreaming, taking off etc).

The note may or may not work. Note says I'm not mentioning or arguing about room again....just going to keep a close eye on it.

If he doesn't change, come March and his room's still a shitehole......I'm off. I think he knows if he wants to stay he'll have to up his game. He does want to stay because he's got a fucking easy life here!

If he fails....I'm free, free, free xD

Problem is, as we know, the disconnect between wages and housing. Fucking politicians. 

Edit it to add. Perhaps as it is the fault of politicians, my mp will take her in. xD

Edited by One percent

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Kick the fuckers out as soon as they are eighteen. They WILL thank you for it later on life.

Sixteen is even better if you can get away with it - though legally you aren't actually allowed to do that these days.

My maternal grandfather went down the pit when he was fourteen.

A more thoroughly decent working-class bloke you could not hope to meet - and a man who looked-after his family by example - and not by putting them on a pedestal of impossible dreams, or by calling his three daughters "Princess" or any other such bollocks.

Tough love EE, tough love...

XYY

Yes XYY, I agree with tough love.

But these days are much much different to make a life than when I left home aged 20 in the 70's so I'm taking that into account.

The little twat is on his last chance here though!

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

I may find a badly painted yellow van in my drive.:o

Well I might try that trick of asking to park for a couple of weeks and ending up there for 15 years using all your hot water and shitting in your loo xD

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

is that blurry or have i drunk too much?

It's probably blurry due to my crap photography but if anyone really really wants to know the exact words I'll type them out.

5 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Well I might try that trick of asking to park for a couple of weeks and ending up there for 15 years using all your hot water and shitting in your loo xD

It's probably blurry due to my crap photography but if anyone really really wants to know the exact words I'll type them out.

Can only make out a bit of it - can you post the wording please?

44 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

IMG_0043.JPG

Perhaps you should ask the kids to get you a better phone/camera, or teach you how to take a decent pic :)

43 minutes ago, One percent said:

Turn down the thermostat on the water heater to its lowest setting for a week then turn it back up on conditions.  No comply it goes down permanently or whatever. 

Note says:-

You have until 2pm Sunday to get this room THOROUGHLY cleaned out,

If it's not done I will put everything lying around in bin bags and take it to the tip.

I will not be mentioning your room again but will be keeping a close eye on it,

Next March when I'm 60 if you still refuse to keep this room tidy I will be putting this house up for sale. I will get my own place to live and you can get your own place to live.

I have enough worry and stress without putting up with this ongoing disrespect towards me regarding this simple matter.

Thats all!

Edited by Economic Exile

3 minutes ago, Snow bird said:

Turn down the thermostat on the water heater to its lowest setting for a week then turn it back up on conditions.  No comply it goes down permanently or whatever. 

Then we all suffer. I'll vote for any government that promises to sort it out so that the kids can leave home.