• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
the gardener

Oh la la! Sacre bleu! Zut alors!

1 minute ago, the gardener said:

Pas vachement bien nouvelles pour la France.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45517279

Parce que Brexit, non?

Ha ha ha ha!

Or should that be "aw haw haw haw haw"?

Brexit is a pain if you are an unternational org. But no more than having to desl with sterling euro and dollars.

Dealing with French labour laws and taxes are beyond manageable; Brecit is minor.

Getting people to leave their country to work anywhere but Lonfon us imposdible.

Ireland, nlands - too small and very ethnic in parts.

Spain - not developed much. Madrids a desert.

France. Yess.... paris - Look at the taxes and strikes and ethnics. Theres not a lit of france  outside if paris.

Germany. Dull. No service culture. Full of germanys.

Italy - really??

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

They got almost 2/3rds of the way through before saying 'despite Brexit'. Must be some kind of record for the So-Called BBC.

What happens when we leave with no deal and the world doesn't turn to shit?

Here's the So-Called BBC news.... bomb, car, gang rape, knife crime, trump, trump, brexit, brexit, global warming, global warming.... They have gone all in and are about to lose any legitimacy with the population.

Imagine being a reluctant  communist  remoaner and you find out that they have been lying to you for the last 40 years.

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

the hard right take over the EU commission - a strong possibility I'd say the way things are going - at which point they will all magically have been in favour of it all along.

That's when we join back in? :/

8 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

bigoted brand.

xD Well she certainly had a thing for nazi officers.

my first though was that there are eu regulations banning lots of perfume ingredients, so they had to spend lots reformulating their products, and not for the better. Perhaps moving here after brexit they can sidestep this.

48 minutes ago, Ashby said:

my first though was that there are eu regulations banning lots of perfume ingredients, so they had to spend lots reformulating their products, and not for the better. Perhaps moving here after brexit they can sidestep this.

I thought Chanel moved to NY 80 years ago. Perhaps they see the UK as a stepping stone to Europe.

47 minutes ago, Ashby said:

Who are the EU going to go after, after we leave. Where is the £13 billion going to come from?

Not Chanel it seems. :Jumping:

We spend £95 billion in the EU. Those products could be made here... in the UK.

£95 billion!

6 hours ago, XswampyX said:

Who are the EU going to go after, after we leave. Where is the £13 billion going to come from?

Not Chanel it seems. :Jumping:

We spend £95 billion in the EU. Those products could be made here... in the UK.

£95 billion!

Thee is an issue.

The EU finances were designed/happen chanced in such a way that there ended up being a large transfer from Germany to France, mainly via  the farming sub.

Countries that were Germanish i.e. who had a developed industry/trade economy  - Nland, UK -  ended being net contributors.

Countries there were Frenchish i.e .large agri rump  - Spain, Italy.

The rest of EU12 were somewhere between. But were also so small so it did not matter that much.

And thats where the EU12 sat big trading/developed countries balances by net contributors. Germans were happy to to shoulder the cost. France was happy to get the money.

Before you go -- oh good germany. Some ofthe biggest costs to the European countries were caused by Germany basicallyl refusing to put money where its mouth is on foreign policy. Its tied uup to German trading and being captured by Russian interests.

Forget Brexit and the immigration (made much worse by Germany) *the* biggest shame Europe has face was the Yugoslav wars, kicked off by Germany recognising Serbia ahead of the other EU countries. This led to a the Seberencia massacre which was a mini Holocaust - over seen by a small number of Dutch commandoes who were ordered to stand down as the EU had nothing, absolutely no mean to force an end - mainly as Germany refused to allow France and the UK to use force.  It took Clinton to force NATO bombers to blitz Serbia . NATO had been forced to stand aside whilst the EU diplomat managed the yugolsav wars.

For all the talk of grown up EU they never mention Sebrinca. One of my brothers freelancers was a Dutch commando thee. He does. All the time.

France has a very good point when it says its been spending ~2% iof GDP on defense whilst the Germans have literally spent nothing - none of the German armys kit works. The point is that EU needs hard power. Germany has refused to spend any money and have caused disasters like Yugoslavia and the Ukrainian invasion. Some were lack of guts, some were it being tight, some was being to infleunce by Russia - which Germany needs for its gas.

Eruope has to go to something cheap and something that all the European members can agree on.

Most of the stuff that Europe does is good - memeber poolign costs and haivng the EU work on trade, standards stuff like.

The big stuff done by EU Pols are total fuckign disasters - EURO, FOM, asylum/migrant mess.

L'express counts 4200 banking jobs going to Paris and another 20,000 ancillary jobs. Only problem is, no-one wants to move to Paris ! People are leaving London banks for elsewhere rather than be forced to move to the French capital. This is causing a staffing headache. Amongst Paris problems: endless transport strikes, pollution, no housing, no school places and sky high taxes.

https://lexpansion.lexpress.fr/actualite-economique/les-revenants-du-brexit_2033911.amp.html

43 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

L'express counts 4200 banking jobs going to Paris and another 20,000 ancillary jobs. Only problem is, no-one wants to move to Paris ! People are leaving London banks for elsewhere rather than be forced to move to the French capital. This is causing a staffing headache. Amongst Paris problems: endless transport strikes, pollution, no housing, no school places and sky high taxes.

https://lexpansion.lexpress.fr/actualite-economique/les-revenants-du-brexit_2033911.amp.html

Cough stabbing roppers cough.

22 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Take an effective 50% pay cut, get saddled with running a department where no-one can be fired even if they do no work, pay nose-bleed amounts of money for little Johnny & Jemima to go to one of about 3 English language schools in Paris, get stabbed walking home from work past a shanty town and have to sweat it out at night school learning a language that is useful only in France, some of the nastier part of Africa, Quebec and Deliverance country! Attractive package eh?!

Where do I sign up? 😁

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Take an effective 50% pay cut, get saddled with running a department where no-one can be fired even if they do no work, pay nose-bleed amounts of money for little Johnny & Jemima to go to one of about 3 English language schools in Paris, get stabbed walking home from work past a shanty town and have to sweat it out at night school learning a language that is useful only in France, some of the nastier part of Africa, Quebec and Deliverance country! Attractive package eh?!

Vibrant...

Says the canadian via northallerton....

36 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Where do I sign up? 😁

Not sure! What I can tell you is that, right now, there are approximately twice as many finance related jobs being advertised in London as there are in Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam & Frankfurt combined.

This site is the go to one for finance people globally: https://www.efinancialcareers.com/

I also note that the salaries on offer in Paris for tech jobs are pitiful. E.g. 50-60K EUR for a devops expert:

https://www.efinancialcareers.com/jobs-France-Paris-Consultant_Devops_HF.id02955400

I'm sure the brightest and best will be booking their tickets as I type.

If we had a government with a spine, which we don't of course, then they'd already be announcing that post a no-deal exit, executive compensation caps will be abolished, MIFID 2 will be rolled back and there will absolutely not be any kind of transaction tax imposed. Do that and any flow there might be towards Paris (I suspect there is non in net terms anyway) would go rapidly into reverse.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Vibrant...

Says the canadian via northallerton....

No shanty towns in Toronto that I've noticed! I'm not from Northallerton by the way, just somewhere relatively close.

Just now, spygirl said:

Theres about 400k working age French living working in the UK.

Ive never seen figures for working age brits in france but id guess its a lot smaller - few 10k.

Minimal agreed. Back when I was working in the city, I hired a stream of really well qualified, smart kids with maths & CS degrees straight out of the Grandes Ecoles who couldn't find any kind of decent work in France. One of my very few Brexit regrets is the likely reduction of that flow.

4 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Not sure! What I can tell you is that, right now, there are approximately twice as many finance related jobs being advertised in London as there are in Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam & Frankfurt combined.

This site is the go to one for finance people globally: https://www.efinancialcareers.com/

I also note that the salaries on offer in Paris for tech jobs are pitiful. E.g. 50-60K EUR for a devops expert:

https://www.efinancialcareers.com/jobs-France-Paris-Consultant_Devops_HF.id02955400

If we had a government with a spine, which we don't of course, then they'd already be announcing that post a no-deal exit, executive compensation caps will be abolished, MIFID 2 will be rolled back and there will absolutely not be any kind of transaction tax imposed. Do that and any flow there might be towards Paris (I suspect there is non in net terms anyway) would go rapidly into reverse.

No shanty towns in Toronto that I've noticed! I'm not from Northallerton by the way, just somewhere relatively close.

thornton le-beans.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Yeah, but you do get Ticket Restaurant :-)

Given that living costs are as high as London you'd basically have to live in a caravan in the Bois de Boulogne to survive on 50K. I get 40K in the sticks and it is a bit of struggle once NI and Tax is deducted.