• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
djames

Inspired by the Islamification of Europe thread

As a long term lurker I've seen the Islamification of Europe thread grow and it's scary to see what can happen to voice the wrong views.

This was inspired by some of the memes on the thread and I'm not sure if it would get a performer or writer in trouble if played in public?

(Removed incorrect link) Embedded below

Any thoughts? Asking for a friend.

Edited by djames
link x 3

Sorry, had problems with the link trying to embed it

Ah, that's it.

I don't think it would get found on You tube so I think it's okay for a few days. It's not offensive or anything but the few people (friends) that have heard it did raise their eyebrows.

Nice catchy tune -  I like it! (Much more my style than the Lemonade one which follows it on YouTube.)

Can't comment on whether the words could get 'your friend' into trouble or not. Seems to me that no lies are being told and it's not hate speech.  (So far so good.)

But as an atheist I don't go along with all the lyrics.  (Eg Talk of "the devil" and of "our book".)  So I would prefer some changes there.

My position is that I would like to move to a more homogeneous, religion-free society as religions tend to divide. (More than colour of skins/ethnicity.)  And that any religion just seems to take us backwards.

Certainly, one newly arrived (growing in numbers) religion (to the UK) is proving to be much more restrictive than the one we already had, which had at least evolved some way to accommodate our more liberated points of view eg re women and homosexuality, Sunday worship etc.

I feel we are currently pretty stuck if we continue to defend the old ('our') religion, as while we allow that one to be honoured we seem to feel that we have to permit all other religions to be respected too. (Or else we would appear to be bigoted?)

If we could just get to the point of agreeing all religions are made up by humans (and hence silly) then we could get on with just arguing over politics instead?  (Also quite divisive but at least there's no mysterious god involved.)

Evolving to be rational is what's needed. Religion is the opposite of rational. Even when we are fully rational we will still find ways to hate each other so it will be an ongoing battle to remain friendly and cohesive.  As religion (even a bad one) still has the benefit of providing some cohesiveness within, even if at the moment it feels it like this is going against us/the earlier society and our more enlightened views.

I do think we need rules and better social structures for kids growing up. (Not in favour of a free-for-all!)

But I am not a all sure where the optimum position is between now (single parents galore/no taking responsibility/no shame/give me free stuff) and the past where women had few rights and traditions were too rigid.

The pendulum has swung too far perhaps? But please don't let it swing back to some sort of dark age. 

Edited by whocares

7 hours ago, djames said:

Sorry, had problems with the link trying to embed it

Ah, that's it.

I don't think it would get found on You tube so I think it's okay for a few days. It's not offensive or anything but the few people (friends) that have heard it did raise their eyebrows.

For contrast 

19 hours ago, whocares said:

Nice catchy tune -  I like it! (Much more my style than the Lemonade one which follows it on YouTube.)

Can't comment on whether the words could get 'your friend' into trouble or not. Seems to me that no lies are being told and it's not hate speech.  (So far so good.)

But as an atheist I don't go along with all the lyrics.  (Eg Talk of "the devil" and of "our book".)  So I would prefer some changes there.

It was this meme that I think was the starting point, but I don't disagree with what you say.  Thanks. 

chrstianislamANIM.gif.abace19574eb7bb6c6e40d32de733d55.jpg.5a86f281697323e5e5fe505f53d35f20.jpg