DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Purple Bricks share price

TheCountOfNowhere

The PB share price is a bet on them being able to expand into the USA.  They might, or might not -- though I'd note that the US property sales market/process is very different to that in the UK -- if they break it, it won't be them bravely taking market share, it'll be them bravely changing the fundamentals of the place.

[I'd also note that they don't hold much debt and they've got a bit of cash in hand.  So I don't see them as fundamentally impaired if expansion fails.  But the enterprise value would go to what 'status quo' would support, which I'd guess would be something around £250m, depending on what their costs actually are (difficult to tell with these expansionary organisations).]

6 hours ago, azzuri82 said:

Thanks for the chart SP.

No worries.I'd be tempted to short but there's little history to judge the current context.

I also think they'll be on of the few EA's on the other side of the wave.

Long term,they could replace Rightmove unless RM become an EA.

In ten years,I think we'll have a few online EA's and that'll be it.

RM might be toast.(Decl:I do have a nudge on RM)

I still think Purplebricks was setup as a short-term project, to heavily market it then flog it on within a few years to a private equity outfit so the owners could retire to the Caribbean. It just has that air to it.

DOnt care abotu Purple brikes, white briks or what not..

What the 'Sell our house o the interweb' lot have done is take ~500 off comission, and another £600 off if it doesnt sellin 4 months.

I had a cahr with some stupid EA bint 'Oh, if you lsit your house with us and it doesnt sell by xmas then we'll give you 600 off our comission'

Er if youve not sold the hous by xmas than youd not earned the commsion ffs you stupid cow. Can I have the cash instead?

No, its as good as cash.

No, if you dont sell by xmas Ill be changing EA. I want cash payment on failure.

5 hours ago, spunko said:

I still think Purplebricks was setup as a short-term project, to heavily market it then flog it on within a few years to a private equity outfit so the owners could retire to the Caribbean. It just has that air to it.

The founders timed some share sales nicely, Aug 2017:

another reason for the decline was recent share sales made by senior management and the company’s founders.

http://www.propertyindustryeye.com/is-it-time-to-call-the-top-on-purplebricks-share-prices/

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
7 hours ago, kibuc said:

Ah, commisery. The misery you feel when you put your life savings in estate-agent's shares only to see it go up in a puff of smoke.

YEAH...Real BAD luck thatxD

On 25/09/2018 at 13:54, spunko said:

isn't that the plan of every start up in the uk?

On 25/09/2018 at 13:54, spunko said:

One of them found a much easier way to blow a load of money 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/why-ni-millionaire-is-out-to-take-larne-right-to-the-top-36047423.html

what is it with rich blokes and football clubs ? 

1 hour ago, Malthus said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/why-ni-millionaire-is-out-to-take-larne-right-to-the-top-36047423.html

I think it's when you run out of other things to buy as you've already got them all. 

19 hours ago, Malthus said:

It’s a play thing. Spend it on your local team and maybe make a few people happy. If it means that you lose a few tens of millions but you still have tens of millions in the bank, does it matter? 

One of Mr Hargreaves and Mr Lansdown of Hargreaves Lansdown owns Bristol City for example.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
TheCountOfNowhere

Currently down 65% !!!! Spectacular fall.

Countrywide now below 10p, can it survive, I think it's down 98.6% !!!! That is some collapse !!!!

Foxtons still soldiering along, maybe BrExit and their next set of results will see the next leg down.

• 4 weeks later...
TheCountOfNowhere

Very few people believe UK house prices will collapse.

This sort of share price collapse is a useful indicator but the biggest indicator I've  see are the mental prices :-)

2019 is going to be epic.

12 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Very few people believe UK house prices will collapse.

This sort of share price collapse is a useful indicator but the biggest indicator I've  see are the mental prices :-)

2019 is going to be epic.

Purplebricks is a rounding error to this little beauty.There's no finer statement of the future for UK HPI.

image.thumb.png.85721001248ac8bfc508d9d4f45bafdf.png

House prices in NI, and Belfast especially, are rising year on year at a ridiculous rate - lots of utter moneypits that people are asking lots of money for. Shoebox flats on sale for 50%+ more than they would have been 5 years ago.

The newbuilds are getting thrown up at a speed not seen since the last crash, but more and more horror stories are coming out that the build quiality of these new builds is horrendous (what a surprise).

Interestingly everyone I know who bought 'starter' homes 5 years ago when things had crashed has cancelled their plans to move 'up the ladder' as they all think the prices are a piss take and are happier having more spending money rather than adding an extra 70K+ debt just to get an extra tiny bedroom.

And I see lots of houses north of 300K, even in the 'posh' areas, that just aren't selling. Yet nobody thinks to....ya know....drop the price.

I'd fucking love to see a significant increase in interest rates. It would be fucking mayhem.

Archived