• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
MrPin

Bogus tool saleman

9 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Irish, with a van full of "stuff". Oh crikey that makes me Ricist. I don't need a cement mixer.

I was once offered a set of portable traffic lights

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I was once offered a set of portable traffic lights

Very useful! When somebody you don't know offers goods you didn't even know you didn't have, it's a polite "fuck off", and keep the wallet shut!

1 minute ago, This Time said:

Nah, I'm Irish and I don't trust them either.

I am partly of Oirish descent.

17 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Irish, with a van full of "stuff". Oh crikey that makes me Ricist. I don't need a cement mixer.

Our town has a massive oversupply of door to door memory foam mattress merchants for 100,000 people. 

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Should have got a mate to siphon the diesel out of their van whilst you feigned interest in a cement mixer.

Edited by SNACR

8 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Should have got a mate to siphon the diesel out of their van whilst you feigned interest in a cement mixer.

I can see you have been talking to Mr XYY!

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

You do need a big bitey dog by the sound of it đź‘Ť

Home security level to Defcon 1

Just now, Malthus said:

You called?

(But I am more sleepy than bitey and don't even know how to woof properly)

Just now, Malthus said:

I don't have a dog. Anyway if I did, it would be daft and soppy! Planned burglary was exactly what I was thinking.

Anyway I didn't buy tools so there is nothing to steal back!

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't have a dog. Anyway if I did, it would be daft and soppy! Planned burglary was exactly what I was thinking.

Anyway I didn't buy tools so there is nothing to steal back!

latest?cb=20131124145031

There is evidence to the contrary.

Though you are right about the daft and sloppy.

8 hours ago, MrPin said:

A few months ago, I had one who tried to sell me a really shit generator that would no doubt disintegrate, five minutes after you started it...If though, I had to tell him to fuck off several times, he wouldn't.  He got the message eventually...

5 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

latest?cb=20131124145031

There is evidence to the contrary.

Though you are right about the daft and sloppy.

That pic brings back childhood memories. My sisters and I had the full set of sooty, sweep and sue glove puppets. Life was so simple back then!

Re power tools for the past few weeks around me I've had to endure the noise of pavements being dug up and other noise from stone cutting tools etc from work at two nearby houses. Add in the noisy hedge cutters, loud lawn mowers and other people's music.....it drives me nuts at times. Sigh.

1 hour ago, Dave Beans said:

A few months ago, I had one who tried to sell me a really shit generator that would no doubt disintegrate, five minutes after you started it...If though, I had to tell him to fuck off several times, he wouldn't.  He got the message eventually...

Was probably robbed out of the brother in-laws barn..................

9 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

That pic brings back childhood memories. My sisters and I had the full set of sooty, sweep and sue glove puppets. Life was so simple back then!

Re power tools for the past few weeks around me I've had to endure the noise of pavements being dug up and other noise from stone cutting tools etc from work at two nearby houses. Add in the noisy hedge cutters, loud lawn mowers and other people's music.....it drives me nuts at times. Sigh.

I would have thought that the camper would be furnishing you the view of a lovely hillside or loch EE, or are the roads heaving with bank holiday traffic?

10 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

It's probably the same bloke! You are not far from me.

11 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Was probably robbed out of the brother in-laws barn..................

Its all legit*. The scam is you think its ripped off from somewhere and are about to get a deal. They buy containers of cheap chinese shite and make out its left overs from a job or its overordered etcetc then sell it to you  'cheap to get rid of it, ' before they have to go back to the yard. You can buy the same stuff cheaper on ebay.

*akpart from the tax.

56 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Its all legit*. The scam is you think its ripped off from somewhere and are about to get a deal. They buy containers of cheap chinese shite and make out its left overs from a job or its overordered etcetc then sell it to you  'cheap to get rid of it, ' before they have to go back to the yard. You can buy the same stuff cheaper on ebay.

*akpart from the tax.

When I was at university, years ago, loads of people bought stuff from what seemed like dodgy geezers, who'd knocked it off from somewhere, only to find it was all fake. Having been around the block and from a bit more of the wrong side of the tracks I'd seen it all before. Tried to warn them before they bought the crap but as often people block out what they don't want to hear.

Just now, SNACR said:

loads of people bought stuff from what seemed like dodgy geezers,

only to find it was all fake.

I can't believe a dodgy geezer would do that!:o:(

19 minutes ago, chronyx said:

I can't believe a dodgy geezer would do that!:o:(

Selling fake stuff merely makes you a rogue. This comes between a chancer and the slightly more dangerous dodgy geezer.

5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I would have thought that the camper would be furnishing you the view of a lovely hillside or loch EE, or are the roads heaving with bank holiday traffic?

Alas the campervan has been at the garage for over a week for a repair. Guy does a great job looking after van but he's no speedy gonzales.

Its lovely and peaceful at home today though. I think most of the neighbourhood have gone out or away for the bank holiday. Even mr diy four houses along from me. Happy day pottering in the garden :)

A75 can be very busy but I go on the back roads most of the time.