• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

The Maldives: another country off the holiday list

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/sep/24/maldives-authorities-destroy-marine-artwork-for-being-un-islamic

A new sculptural work, Coralarium, created by artist and environmentalist Jason deCaires Taylor, was demolished last week after it was deemed anti-Islamic. The semi-submerged artwork was criticised by religious leaders and scholars in the Maldives, where Islam is the official religion. The depiction of human figures in art is discouraged under Islamic law.

The government ordered the destruction of the artwork, after a court ruled it to be a threat to “Islamic unity and the peace and interests of the Maldivian state”, the Malaysian Independent reported, despite the authorities previously granting permission.

Just now, MrPin said:

People should go th the Hindu world where it is absolutely OK to portray big cocks and giant vaginas.

Our indian friend gave us karma sutra book and I found the descriptions amusing

MAN is divided into three classes, viz. the hare man, the bull man, and the horse man, according to the size of his lingam.

Woman also, according to the depth of her yoni, is either a female deer, a mare, or a female elephant.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/sep/24/maldives-authorities-destroy-marine-artwork-for-being-un-islamic

A new sculptural work, Coralarium, created by artist and environmentalist Jason deCaires Taylor, was demolished last week after it was deemed anti-Islamic. The semi-submerged artwork was criticised by religious leaders and scholars in the Maldives, where Islam is the official religion. The depiction of human figures in art is discouraged under Islamic law.

The government ordered the destruction of the artwork, after a court ruled it to be a threat to “Islamic unity and the peace and interests of the Maldivian state”, the Malaysian Independent reported, despite the authorities previously granting permission.

The Maldives is awash with scuzzy Saudi cash and judging by the amount of crap they have crammed on the capital atoll a decent storm will send it the way of Atlantis.

687463680_Screenshotfrom2018-09-2420-39-03.png.794889ad29970e662876c7fc55a0eedb.png

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

The Maldives is awash with scuzzy Saudi cash and judging by the amount of crap they have crammed on the capital atoll a decent storm will send it the way of Atlantis.

687463680_Screenshotfrom2018-09-2420-39-03.png.794889ad29970e662876c7fc55a0eedb.png

There doesn’t look to be a tree left. I thought the Maldives was all sun, sand and palm trees 

2 minutes ago, maudit said:

MAN is divided into three classes, viz. the hare man, the bull man, and the horse man, according to the size of his lingam.

Woman also, according to the depth of her yoni, is either a female deer, a mare, or a female elephant.

Yes well most Indisn and Chinese poeple are not so big Except my old colleague Mr Krishna who was about 6ft5. I'm a gentleman. I never asked to see it.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

There doesn’t look to be a tree left. I thought the Maldives was all sun, sand and palm trees 

Apparently the capital is as disgusting a place as you will find in the world. There is nowhere to put rubbish on the atols, and until 20 years ago it didn’t matter as all the rubbish went in the sea and bio-degraded in days. Now they ship in all their food and drink in plastic/aluminium packaging and still just chuck it all in the sea.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

"In the days leading up to the election, the Maldavian President, speaking to the Maldives Independent, said: “We have a need to define what idols are. Religious scholars or the fatwa council must deliberate on this and specify what things can be labeled as idols. Some people on social media are even saying if these are idols, then mannequins are idols, too.”

Just shows how retarded they are, it will be televisions next as they contain moving idols.

Hope there are no photographs of the president in public buildings as that would be idolatrous as well.

21 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

15 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Apparently the capital is as disgusting a place as you will find in the world. There is nowhere to put rubbish on the atols, and until 20 years ago it didn’t matter as all the rubbish went in the sea and bio-degraded in days. Now they ship in all their food and drink in plastic/aluminium packaging and still just chuck it all in the sea.

That is horrendous.

I hope sea levels shoot up and drown them all.

27 minutes ago, maudit said:

They say native American Indians have the longest lingam and Italians have the biggest girth. So if your name is Tontopavarotti you have made it.

My dad spent a year in the Maldives back in the 70s. He was on RAF Gan and there weren't many (if any) natives on that island so it was very nice, if a little boring.

It seemed that my dad and colleagues spent most of their time fishing and also hunting, killing and eating turtles (sorry WWF). Got a nice turtle shell on the wall at home. Ooops!

Edited by the gardener

On 24/09/2018 at 20:49, Chewing Grass said:

"In the days leading up to the election, the Maldavian President, speaking to the Maldives Independent, said: “We have a need to define what idols are. Religious scholars or the fatwa council must deliberate on this and specify what things can be labeled as idols. Some people on social media are even saying if these are idols, then mannequins are idols, too.”

Just shows how retarded they are, it will be televisions next as they contain moving idols.

Hope there are no photographs of the president in public buildings as that would be idolatrous as well.

There already is a definition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idol

An idol is an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed or any person or thing regarded with admiration, adoration, or devotion.

I expect they'll have to tread carefully as their entire religion seems to be based on the admiration, adoration or devotion of a single person.