• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DTMark

The "Where Can I Watch.." thread

Recommended Posts

Might be useful for some others too. Not this particular title, but the thread.

I want to watch an Italian film from 1983 called Acqua e Sapone (water and soap).

image.png.684827b7c8e943a018bee5c649642425.png

It's not on YouTube (only bits of it). I don't know if it's on any of the streaming services - but it's not on Amazon Prime. I shall take up the suggestion of logging into the Italian version of Netflix and see if it's on there.

I can buy an "Italian Import" DVD but I don't know whether an Italian region DVD will play on our player. What do you think.. might I be able to change the region on my PC, rip it, then change the region back again?

Any ideas..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure it will work on your DVD player I only ever have a problem with Region 1 which I use a USB DVD drive with a laptop and cast the screen to the telly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DTMark said:

 I don't know whether an Italian region DVD will play on our player. What do you think.. might I be able to change the region on my PC, rip it, then change the region back again?

Any ideas..

DVD Regions and their corresponding countries:

  • R1 Region 1 ~ U.S.A., U.S. Territories and Canada
  • R2 Region 2 ~ Europe, Japan, the Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland
  • R3 Region 3 ~ Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong
  • R4 Region 4 ~ Mexico, South and Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Caribbean
  • R5 Region 5 ~ Russia, Eastern Europe, India, Africa (excluding South Africa), North Korea, Mongolia
  • R6 Region 6 ~ China

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2018 at 15:58, DTMark said:

I can buy an "Italian Import" DVD but I don't know whether an Italian region DVD will play on our player. What do you think.. might I be able to change the region on my PC, rip it, then change the region back again?

I know the question has already been answered - but that's a good one for the Brexit misinformation thread...

When we leave the EU, our DVD players will all blow up, stop working or only play Region 6 DVDs with Chinese audio and no English subtitles! ;)

 My vote would be for VLC too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2018 at 14:58, DTMark said:

Might be useful for some others too. Not this particular title, but the thread.

I want to watch an Italian film from 1983 called Acqua e Sapone (water and soap).

image.png.684827b7c8e943a018bee5c649642425.png

It's not on YouTube (only bits of it). I don't know if it's on any of the streaming services - but it's not on Amazon Prime. I shall take up the suggestion of logging into the Italian version of Netflix and see if it's on there.

I can buy an "Italian Import" DVD but I don't know whether an Italian region DVD will play on our player. What do you think.. might I be able to change the region on my PC, rip it, then change the region back again?

Any ideas..

Fantastico. Sometimes I look up old Italian comedies and have fun with the odd Bud Spencer etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.