• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DTMark

The "Where Can I Watch.." thread

Might be useful for some others too. Not this particular title, but the thread.

I want to watch an Italian film from 1983 called Acqua e Sapone (water and soap).

image.png.684827b7c8e943a018bee5c649642425.png

It's not on YouTube (only bits of it). I don't know if it's on any of the streaming services - but it's not on Amazon Prime. I shall take up the suggestion of logging into the Italian version of Netflix and see if it's on there.

I can buy an "Italian Import" DVD but I don't know whether an Italian region DVD will play on our player. What do you think.. might I be able to change the region on my PC, rip it, then change the region back again?

Any ideas..

Pretty sure it will work on your DVD player I only ever have a problem with Region 1 which I use a USB DVD drive with a laptop and cast the screen to the telly.

2 hours ago, DTMark said:

I don't know whether an Italian region DVD will play on our player. What do you think.. might I be able to change the region on my PC, rip it, then change the region back again?

Any ideas..

DVD Regions and their corresponding countries:

• R1 Region 1 ~ U.S.A., U.S. Territories and Canada
  • R2 Region 2 ~ Europe, Japan, the Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland
  • R3 Region 3 ~ Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong
  • R4 Region 4 ~ Mexico, South and Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Caribbean
  • R5 Region 5 ~ Russia, Eastern Europe, India, Africa (excluding South Africa), North Korea, Mongolia
  • R6 Region 6 ~ China

On 25/09/2018 at 15:58, DTMark said:

I can buy an "Italian Import" DVD but I don't know whether an Italian region DVD will play on our player. What do you think.. might I be able to change the region on my PC, rip it, then change the region back again?

I know the question has already been answered - but that's a good one for the Brexit misinformation thread...

When we leave the EU, our DVD players will all blow up, stop working or only play Region 6 DVDs with Chinese audio and no English subtitles! ;)

My vote would be for VLC too...

On 25/09/2018 at 14:58, DTMark said:

Might be useful for some others too. Not this particular title, but the thread.

I want to watch an Italian film from 1983 called Acqua e Sapone (water and soap).

image.png.684827b7c8e943a018bee5c649642425.png

It's not on YouTube (only bits of it). I don't know if it's on any of the streaming services - but it's not on Amazon Prime. I shall take up the suggestion of logging into the Italian version of Netflix and see if it's on there.

Any ideas..

Fantastico. Sometimes I look up old Italian comedies and have fun with the odd Bud Spencer etc.