• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
UmBongo

My workplace is falling apart

Our hot water dispenser boiler thingy stopped working about a fortnight ago and still hasn't been fixed.

In the interim, we are sharing a kettle between c.40 or 50 people of the 70 of us who have hot drinks.9_9 This morning the kettle stopped working. xD

As if that wasn't enough the combi boiler isn't currently working in the toilet so no warm water for washing your hands with.

Talking of toilets, around 50% of us are male and yet we have the choice of 3 out of 5 toilets. 9_9 1 excl. Gents and 1 Unisex loo. There are 3 Ladies loos at the other end of the warehouse.

The combi boiler is located in a panel in the unisex toilet. So if a heating engineer or plumber needs to fix anything in there it renders us 30 or so men to the Gents bog. It was a right pain in the...whatever when the bog was getting repainted last year. >:(

Occasionally we can use the ladies loo so long as as they are unoccupied. Otherwise us guys have to wait outside with crossed legs :$ if someone's in there having an lengthy ' comfort break' . :Sick1: There's no window either and I nearly passed out in there once or twice. You can't 'give it 10 minutes'.

Thos place is getting sillier and sillier every week. The warehouse is massive but still not big enough for all the files. 9_9

Rant over.

2 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Our hot water dispenser boiler thingy stopped working about a fortnight ago and still hasn't been fixed.

In the interim, we are sharing a kettle between c.40 or 50 people of the 70 of us who have hot drinks.9_9 This morning the kettle stopped working. xD

As if that wasn't enough the combi boiler isn't currently working in the toilet so no warm water for washing your hands with.

Talking of toilets, around 50% of us are male and yet we have the choice of 3 out of 5 toilets. 9_9 1 excl. Gents and 1 Unisex loo. There are 3 Ladies loos at the other end of the warehouse.

The combi boiler is located in a panel in the unisex toilet. So if a heating engineer or plumber needs to fix anything in there it renders us 30 or so men to the Gents bog. It was a right pain in the...whatever when the bog was getting repainted last year. >:(

Occasionally we can use the ladies loo so long as as they are unoccupied. Otherwise us guys have to wait outside with crossed legs :$ if someone's in there having an lengthy ' comfort break' . :Sick1: There's no window either and I nearly passed out in there once or twice. You can't 'give it 10 minutes'.

Thos place is getting sillier and sillier every week. The warehouse is massive but still not big enough for all the files. 9_9

Rant over.

If its a WH doesn't it have some scrub ground/lorry park you can use to widdle? Reduces some of the traffic at least.

For number twos use the boot of the bosses Jaaaaaaagggg.

4 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Rant over.

I would check for poltergeists or some kind of succubus.

People who have near-death experiences claim that electronic devices stop working near them. You should investigate.

5 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Rant over.

Self identify as a Lady , sorted 👍

14 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Rant over.

is that one of those daft qokkas that yummy mummies have

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

is that one of those daft qokkas that yummy mummies have

Same principle as that but it's like a conventional wall mounted boiler. Just lift a lever and...Bob's yer auntie's live in lover...instant hot water. B|

I managed to burn my hand once as I was pouring my drink, turned around to say 'hi' to someone, unconsiously moved my hand and...Ouch...bloody hellfire. :S Had to record that as an incident report. Ironic really as we're the national health s.

2 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Same principle as that but it's like a conventional wall mounted boiler. Just lift a lever and...Bob's yer auntie's live in lover...instant hot water. B|

I managed to burn my hand once as I was pouring my drink, turned around to say 'hi' to someone, unconsiously moved my hand and...Ouch...bloody hellfire. :S Had to record that as an incident report. Ironic really as we're the national health s.

Oh 70s old stylee hot water.

54 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Ah yes, the old stalemate over 'who will replace the bogroll' 

:D 

We do have cleaners who ensure the dispensers are filled up each morning.

6 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Rant over.

You could refuse to work, your employer is breaking the law.  This is covered under welfare regulations.

39 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

You could refuse to work, your employer is breaking the law.  This is covered under welfare regulations.

We were supposed to get some more toilets in but that would mean installing new sewerage. The bill for installing them in a part of the building where it is easier to plumb them in is around £100,000. We're going to need more temporary or fixed term staff in the next 2-3 years as everything goes towards digitisation.

33 minutes ago, 201p said:

I suspect most businesses are reigning in spending until after next year.

Public sector...although my head of dept has budgets to adhere to.

29 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

man up. just shit and piss your pants like us manly tramps do. Wammin lurve the smell of a man.

They say 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. I thought shitting one's pants would keep everyone away! xD

5 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

We were supposed to get some more toilets in but that would mean installing new sewerage. The bill for installing them in a part of the building where it is easier to plumb them in is around £100,000. We're going to need more temporary or fixed term staff in the next 2-3 years as everything goes towards digitisation.

Public sector...although my head of dept has budgets to adhere to.

They say 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. I thought shitting one's pants would keep everyone away! xD

So there are no trade unions active there?

Have neither you nor your employer heard of Portaloos?

4 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

So there are no trade unions active there?

Have neither you nor your employer heard of Portaloos?

Yep. I'm a member of Unison. I'm surprised that more vocal members of staff who are in Unison haven't pushed the issue tbh.

However, one of the Managers has investigated the legalities of it and I think we exceed the minimum about of loos legally allowed.

I wouldn't mind portaloos tbh. I wouldn't mind too much nipping out to one for a gypsy's. Most of the women probably would refuse to use 'em which is better for us real men!!

4 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Yep. I'm a member of Unison. I'm surprised that more vocal members of staff who are in Unison haven't pushed the issue tbh.

However, one of the Managers has investigated the legalities of it and I think we exceed the minimum about of loos legally allowed.

I wouldn't mind portaloos tbh. I wouldn't mind too much nipping out to one for a gypsy's. Most of the women probably would refuse to use 'em which is better for us real men!!

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/toilets.htm

They also have to provide hot & cold running water and a way of boiling water.