• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Do you sew?

It's been on my list of things to learn for ages, just below understanding Cyrillic text. My hands are too big for needles I suspect, I struggle with guitar strings unless it's in the upper 3 frets :ph34r:

I just post things off to my mum and she repairs them and posts them back.

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

What do you make?

At this point, not progressed much beyond sewing LEDs onto felt patches and having them flash in different combinations. My sewing skills are pretty dire TBH.

There are a number of sensors I should find time to play with: accelerometer, light sensor, microphone  - so I can make an interactive Christmas jumper design this year.

Originally got some kit in case one of the BotLets wanted to experiment with it as a DT project, but ended up having a go myself...

On 29/09/2018 at 15:04, unregistered_guest said:

At this point, not progressed much beyond sewing LEDs onto felt patches and having them flash in different combinations. My sewing skills are pretty dire TBH.

There are a number of sensors I should find time to play with: accelerometer, light sensor, microphone  - so I can make an interactive Christmas jumper design this year.

Originally got some kit in case one of the BotLets wanted to experiment with it as a DT project, but ended up having a go myself...

You will look like a 1990's farytale Borg.

First thing we made in form 1, now referred to as year 7 was an apron. Red striped for the girls, blue for the boys. Everyone had to make one and then they were used for home economics. 

I had one of these when I was little so started young. I love sewing , crochet and I’ve made a few large Bucilla Christmas felt kits. Don’t do enough now. Too busy ipading.

C1C8D9F2-2929-4F00-9D33-9A4E4FA66A90.jpeg

First year secondary school we made a hymn book cover and an a line skirt. 
If that gives you an idea of how nice my school was. :)
Both took forever.
Second year a blouse.

Was great for teaching us the finer points of pattern cutting and making but tedious as heck to have to spread it out over such a long time. Sewed on my gran's hand machine making dolls clothes for little sister's toys.