• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

In this life, one thing counts ....

You have to be certified mental to donate money to a human binbag and think nothing of it.

4579742-6213719-image-m-21_1538039538351

Oh sorry, she's a "victim" of the begging. What a fucking dump.

Another benefit of EU open borders. I worked on that section of oxford st 2007-09 never saw any Roma beggars then. Its so bad in the area of Paris that my brother works he has on ocassion chased the thieves himself and recovered things for the tourists as the police do nothing even though its the same ones every day.

Don't think i've been to Oxford street since about 1992, back then these were the only types of 'scammers' who seemed common.

I guess there were Roma squeegee men and flower sellers at junctions on some of the arterial routes out though.

1 hour ago, PatronizingGit said:

Don't think i've been to Oxford street since about 1992, back then these were the only types of 'scammers' who seemed common.

I guess there were Roma squeegee men and flower sellers at junctions on some of the arterial routes out though.

This in the comments: "I'm giving away free stuff!"..... Minorities Assemble!!

2 hours ago, maudit said:

Another benefit of EU open borders. I worked on that section of oxford st 2007-09 never saw any Roma beggars then. Its so bad in the area of Paris that my brother works he has on ocassion chased the thieves himself and recovered things for the tourists as the police do nothing even though its the same ones every day.

One possible benefit of Brexit, assuming it happens in any meaningful way, is that Roma gypsies may be permanently excluded from the UK. At the moment IIRC the police sometimes get them sent back, they get their coach fare paid back to Romania but can return three months later. 

Edited by Austin Allegro

3 hours ago, One percent said:

Cockerney geezers and their kids eh?  

It’s really a street show for tourists. Based on Oliver, that well loved Victorian tale of loveable rogues. 

Back when it really was Del Boy cockneys selling tat out of suitcases, I remember seeing the 'lookout' (a 'Rodney' type) at Oxford Circus shout 'watch it, two coppers coming'. The salesman 'Del Boy' said 'leggit' and packed his case up. Then he looked round and saw that the 'coppers' were two gormless looking Dutch teenagers strolling along wearing plastic bobby helmets. 'Del Boy' shouted something like 'Rodney you stupid *ucking cu*t!'

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

One possible benefit of Brexit, assuming it happens in any meaningful way, is that Roma gypsies may be permanently excluded from the UK. At the moment IIRC the police sometimes get them sent back, they get their coach fare paid back to Romania but can return three months later. 

So why do we allow any EU nationals to sell the big issue?

I don't think it's a "way into work" and I think it still gives access to benefits doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

So what happens when they 'can't find their passport' and Romania (or wherever) say that they don't come from there anyway?  They'll be here forever and a day.

Even if they stop funny benefits they'll still be here, because it's better to thieve from rich people with a non-interventionist police force than nick stuff from poor people and with police that'll give them a bit of a kick for good measure ('resisting arrest').

21 minutes ago, dgul said:

So what happens when they 'can't find their passport' and Romania (or wherever) say that they don't come from there anyway?  They'll be here forever and a day.

Even if they stop funny benefits they'll still be here, because it's better to thieve from rich people with a non-interventionist police force than nick stuff from poor people and with police that'll give them a bit of a kick for good measure ('resisting arrest').

Right but what's your suggestion out of interest? 

5 hours ago, One percent said:

Cockerney geezers and their kids eh?  

It’s really a street show for tourists. Based on Oliver, that well loved Victorian tale of loveable rogues. 

anti Semitic racist tosh, wasn't it? The Labour party would approve

32 minutes ago, spunko said:

Very little you can do once they're in, so perhaps pillory Blair and Brown a bit more.

Beyond that, hardline policing and intervention in things like social services re. children (any child 'begging' should be in care immediately, no mucking about).  Use welfare controls to break up families where 'the community is acting against the interests of the individuals'.  Mandate that people from communities where there is a poor attitude to work and welfare undergo social and psychological training until they sort themselves out.  And if they don't attend assume it is an offence (or perhaps assume that they must be mentally ill to not see the value of the training programme) and introduce arrest and detention until they respond to the reeducation.

[bit cross at the moment as the airport appears to be on fire.  Internet is still working, though]

Edited by dgul

3 hours ago, spunko said:

Put the kids in care and deport the guardian. Someone somewhere would not be happy at losing their child.

10 hours ago, Banned said:

Put the kids in care and deport the guardian. Someone somewhere would not be happy at losing their child.

Good idea, but The Guardian would still be visible via the online edition.

• The gangs, who arrive into central London early in the morning apparently from Ilford in Essex, can make as much as £100k-a-year begging, police say

17 hours ago, maudit said:

He’s a brave man, I keep them away from me fairly effectively with a filthy glare as I can pick out Roms quite well, but I’d never chase them for fear of knives. It’s the younger white French beggars that take me by surprise. 

~There is your crowd funded answer; the comments should be used more for combating crime. Work smarter not harder:

lady in spain, Madrid, Spain, about 16 hours ago

We used to have a problem in Madrid with this 15 years ago too .Then the law changed any child or baby seen begging is immediately taken by social services away from the parents .. guess what no children anymore on the streets begging

3 minutes ago, 201p said:
  • The gangs, who arrive into central London early in the morning apparently from Ilford in Essex, can make as much as £100k-a-year begging, police say

The Roma camps round Geneva have plenty of Mercedes, other expensive cars and top range caravans. If it weren’t for the Swiss police being pretty tough on them they’d overrun the place in no time.

3 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

He’s a brave man, I keep them away from me fairly effectively with a filthy glare as I can pick out Roms quite well, but I’d never chase them for fear of knives. It’s the younger white French beggars that take me by surprise. 

Not the safest thing to do but he is quite scary looking xD he was seeing the same thing everyday people spending 00s euros where he works step out the door have their valuables stolen. I hate those ones on the train who claim to be deaf/mute dont think I have ever got on a rer without there being one.

3 hours ago, 201p said:

I've upset someone yesterday because I suggested the  beggars outside supermarkets need dealing with (ie: moving on) 
they're local junkies getting money for a fix.

And then I really upset the apple cart by saying I don't like the big issue sellers either.

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

I've upset someone yesterday because I suggested the  beggars outside supermarkets need dealing with (ie: moving on) 
they're local junkies getting money for a fix.

And then I really upset the apple cart by saying I don't like the big issue sellers either.

I always fill in the email questionnaires I get from Tesco or Waitrose, giving my feedback on how I don't like the legalised beggars outside their supermarket doors. It seems they've both finally got the message, either that or they've both been deported back to Albania.