• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Why?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6213663/Shocking-moment-police-drag-couple-floor-arrest-Tesco-checkout.html

Not the arrest - they kicked off  the police were called.

Why buy so many bottles of water?

Not once:

'Speaking to the camera, the man says: 'So, we're in Tesco, Rochdale, and for some reason they've got a different policy to every other Tesco up and down the country. Every other Tesco we managed to get these Volvic bottles, as many as we want. '

What am I missing?

'Around 7pm on Tuesday 25 September, while responding to another incident at Tesco on Silk Street, Rochdale, an officer was alerted to a disturbance in the store.

'The officer spoke to both parties involved before asking a man to leave. The officer was assaulted and suffered injuries to his face.' '

And then twat a copper!?!?

They are paranoid about the water supply

They live in a scummy rented property which does not have water

They were taking advantage of a special offer in order to resell at a profit

They have some weird skin condition that means they have to bathe in purified water

They're building a giant structure made out of water bottles

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6213663/Shocking-moment-police-drag-couple-floor-arrest-Tesco-checkout.html

Not the arrest - they kicked off  the police were called.

Why buy so many bottles of water?

Not once:

'Speaking to the camera, the man says: 'So, we're in Tesco, Rochdale, and for some reason they've got a different policy to every other Tesco up and down the country. Every other Tesco we managed to get these Volvic bottles, as many as we want. '

What am I missing?

'Around 7pm on Tuesday 25 September, while responding to another incident at Tesco on Silk Street, Rochdale, an officer was alerted to a disturbance in the store.

'The officer spoke to both parties involved before asking a man to leave. The officer was assaulted and suffered injuries to his face.' '

And then twat a copper!?!?

Bloody YORKSHIRE people no respect eh?

and stupid enough to film themselves twating a copper and resisting arrest. xD

3 minutes ago, DTMark said:

They have some weird skin condition that means they have to bathe in purified water

They begin sentences with "So" so they're wankers.

8 minutes ago, DTMark said:

It's flavoured water.

2 minutes ago, This Time said:

It's flavoured water.

They have been taken over by the same aliens as in the film The Faculty and they will dry out if they do not drink water all the time

Edited by DTMark

I have no idea why they would want to buy so much water but :

1) I cannot understand why Tesco would not sell it to them.

2) I find the filming and kicking off entirely predictable. Frankly the Tesco staff should have had more sense. I had a problem with Tesco a little while ago. I walked out and have not returned. Our spend at Tesco was about £8k a year so more fool them. It is clear that the outlook of those featured in the video is more confrontational and I am sure that this works for them most of the time. They are clearly shocked here when it doesn't. Maybe they will soon receive an apology and recompense from Tesco though! Every little helps!

19 minutes ago, DTMark said:

"we're not retailers, we want them for our home"

Could they not just order online..

Or perhaps they've tried that and the order was refused.

The phrase "first-world problems" springs to mind

Just now, DTMark said:

Could they not just order online..

Or perhaps they've tried that and the order was refused.

The phrase "first-world problems caused by 3rd worlders" springs to mind

17 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Corner shop owners

looking to buy up flavoured water to re-sell in their shop for twice the price.

i see chinese in tescos always looking for deals or to buy up big sacks of rice and spices etc for their restaurants 

I don't patronise any shop or restaurant that isnt british owned

and in i check the driver before i take a (rare) taxi

I often see a local sandwich shop owner in Aldis with a trolley full of bread etc.

Just watched the video, that much water for home use? Pull the other one, its for business use and from his comments they have been to other stores buying it up.

They are clearly twats, because all they had to do was to buy it in batches, in and out a few times, pay cash, use different tills.

They are double twats for then kicking off with the coppers, who I thought handled it well and were very polite - although one seemed to be really struggling to get the woman under control, perhaps he was being restrained as it was a woman (or maybe he needs more gym time).

One other angle is that the copper being polite may have meant he did not exert enough authority which led to the fella kicking off rather than backing down.

EDIT - good job the Tesco security was Asian, otherwise it would have been a far right wascist attack.....

Edited by null;
further info

24 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Sounds like Tesco made the racist assumption, as some have on here, that because they're Asian they must run a corner shop.

Might be misunderstanding, but my view is the assumption is because they were buying shit loads of water, not because they were Asian. I think if they had a legitimate reason for it they would have given it. If it was white or back people I would make the same assumption, that it is for resale somewhere.

Just like you might assume someone buying barrells of beer runs a pub.

45 minutes ago, null; said:

Might be misunderstanding, but my view is the assumption is because they were buying shit loads of water, not because they were Asian. I think if they had a legitimate reason for it they would have given it. If it was white or back people I would make the same assumption, that it is for resale somewhere.

Just like you might assume someone buying barrells of beer runs a pub.

I'm not sure. If it was Mr White upper middle class, I live in the country, pink shirt mustard trousers public school voice I think the assumption would be they're having a party at their stately home and they'd have helped them carry it to the car. I only drink bottled water and TBH a trolley full isn't going to last an insane amount of time so it's not impossible it was for domestic consumption and I've certainly bought multiple trollies of booze on promotion from Tesco myself.

Obviously, there can be a problem with one customer buying all the bread and milk, for commercial purposes, which is going to cause issues for other customers wanting to do a varied shop but my general view with restricting sales in bulk is if a retailer is doing this it's because they're using promotional pricing to drive footfall and their margin's too thin. If that's the case I really think it's their problem and they should price their products at a sustainable margin level.

We do quite a lot of clearly bulk commercial orders, particularly since online. At the end of the day it's more profitable to ship fifty of something to one customer. Where there can be problems is when customers do not understand that once they're purchasing commercially they lose a lot of their consumer rights. For example, at Christmas they'll buy a load of toys then want to return some but we would refuse because outside of Christmas the toy category would be a much narrower range so you're getting product back you no longer sell and if they hadn't bulk purchased the stock would all have sold to other customers.

Edited by SNACR

When I worked the checkouts in Morrisons 7 years ago I would scan plenty of 2 litre bottles of water for customers who were of asian appearance. So long as they were paying for it I didn't see a problem. I never got the impression they were traders but families who didn't like tap water.

There was another chap who used to buy some bulk stuff. Morrisons had some good deals on at the time. He would pay cash for it. I assumed he had a shop in the 'curry district' of Norwich (Magdalen Street, NR3) and resold the stuff at a mark up. Capitalism in progress.

A retailer is under no obligation to sell goods and a customer has no right to demand that the retailer sell them.

https://www.tesco.com/help/terms-and-conditions/grocery/

Availability

If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will not be liable to you. When an item you have ordered is unavailable we will attempt to deliver a suitable substitute, unless you have asked us not to.

To ensure availability of all our products customers may be limited to a maximum number of items.