• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

stokiescum

kids films you can watch yourself

must admit,its like groundhog day here the young one is is watching a film called caroline over and over.its ok once or twice over a week but....

the ones that i could sit and watch myself include angry birds,nightmare before christmas and shrek are there any you concider good or particualy bad....ps happyfeet is my biggest gripe im never happy if its on.

Coraline? Wouldn't let my daughter watch that or Nightmare before Christmas until she was at least close to double figures. 

Shaun the Sheep movie (in fact any Aardman stuff). A decent chunk of Pixar and Disney stuff. 

My daughter just turned 2 and is incapable of watching something for over an hour.  

I like Flight of the Navigator and The Explorers - although that goes a bit off the boil once they get on the alien spaceship.

Do you mean Coraline? - as I did really like that as well.

Loathe Shrek though

Oh yeah, I like Madagascar too, in fact loads probably.

1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

Coraline? Wouldn't let my daughter watch that or Nightmare before Christmas until she was at least close to double figures. 

Shaun the Sheep movie (in fact any Aardman stuff). A decent chunk of Pixar and Disney stuff. 

My daughter just turned 2 and is incapable of watching something for over an hour.  

yea he is nealy 4,i think it scares him but he loves it.

The Incredibles 1, Despicable Me 1 or 2, Ratatouille, Ice Age (any of them), Madagascar/Penguins. All are great films that slip in a few jokes that only adults will get, which makes them easy to watch.

2 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

When my younger brother was at primary school and about seven, they had a video as a Christmas treat. Teacher asked at the video shop what they thought would be a good film for kids and they sent her off with Raiders of the Lost Ark after they'd had the face melting nightmares there was muchos parental complaining and I think that was the end of the Christmas video. Coraline has definitely got a creep factor but, like Roald Dahl stuff, kids do love a bit of that. If you want to be paying the electric on a nightlight for the next ten years then there's always The Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I like Aardman stuff as the little touches and jokes are always good. Although kids don't seem that keen on them. I've tried Shaun the Sheep and the Pirates Adventure With Scientists, on nephews and nieces, and I thought they were both great but the kids were very meh.

GF loves Disney/Pixar films so I'm not allowed to watch them on my own... I tend to what she wouldn't watch when I'm alone.

But... Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Despicable Me, Inside Out, Ice Age...

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

GF loves Disney/Pixar films so I'm not allowed to watch them on my own... I tend to what she wouldn't watch when I'm alone.

But... Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Despicable Me, Inside Out, Ice Age...

ive got a lot of the modern kids films but no older disneys

Tends to be nostalgia for me. When the Singing Ringing Tree went out in the 60s I questioned years later if it actually happened or was just a nightmare. Managed to watch an undubbed full East German version on youtube recently. But they are quickly removed when the dvd costs an arm and a leg.

Ah a clipped version here...

Edited by crashmonitor

For me Toy Story 1. I never tire of watching it. Buzz Lightyear is a great character.

Also The Rescuers about an international mouse rescue organisation. Just great!

1 minute ago, crashmonitor said:

Again a series as opposed to a film but I quite enjoyed watching this one again recently.

Is that Blake, out of Blakes 7?

13 minutes ago, SNACR said:

This surely and not that Mike Myers shit

This is great as well

Mike Myers I'm afraid. Just makes me laugh.