• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bakez

Judge Kavanagh

It looks like they are trying to smear him. Afaict no actual rape accusations just groping and being present at parties where rape happened? I can't see how this has any relevance now. I would guess he was young at the time so behaviour may have been immature but people do stupid things at that age. These women could well be making things up and don't look genuine crying about it now.

Whoever had this and the next term of president gets to choose the next at least 2 maybe three supreme Court judges. It determines the flavour of the Supreme Court for the next 20 or 30 years. 

I don't think it's the case, but if someone said to me the only reason the Dems were so bitter about losing the presidency in 2016 was because they lost the Supreme court for the next 20 years I wouldn't be surprised. 

It really is important who influences that court. 

17 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

Ironically, the Democrats, by playing this stunt, have pretty much guaranteed that Kavanaugh will get nominated. Serves the bastards right. 

they wanted an FBI investigation, that would of caused at least another weeks delay, but also, If I undertsood what was being said yesterday, once the FBI had provided a report, the senators have the right to ask the FBI for further details, thus delaying further by asking for more and more pointless detail. They have asked Kavanagh 1000s of written questions already, more than all the other nominees in history combined, you can imagine how many questions they would ask the FBI to report on.

11 minutes ago, snaga said:

they wanted an FBI investigation, that would of caused at least another weeks delay, but also, If I undertsood what was being said yesterday, once the FBI had provided a report, the senators have the right to ask the FBI for further details, thus delaying further by asking for more and more pointless detail. They have asked Kavanagh 1000s of written questions already, more than all the other nominees in history combined, you can imagine how many questions they would ask the FBI to report on.

All I saw was the Dems trying to get Kavanagh to say he wanted an FBI hearing, if he'd said that they'd have jumped on it and they'd have got the delay they want, they seem to be under the impression after the mid terms they will have more senators and could win the vote. I believe there are only 9 REP seats up for grabs this year... how likely is it they come out of the mid terms in a position to win the vote? Desperate dems...

I can understand a person, especially young, traumatised by an assault, deciding not to go through the further trauma, publicity, court appearances, etc, and so not reporting it at the time.

But surely the details of the event, such as time, date, and place would be burnt indelibly into their memory.

The testimony of the victim rang alarm bells for me; the body language and the fact that she was using a child's voice. I felt like someone was trying to manipulate me. She then started smugly using words like 'hippocampus' and 'norepinephrine' in a context in which they were not needed, and I knew I was being manipulated. "look at me I'm so smart, I can't possibly be wrong or lying about this".

What's really disappointed me about this is, ironically, Conan OBrien. We all know how the rest of the late night hosts have their agenda, but I always thought Conan was still 'mostly' a comedian. It appears not; check this out:

Referring to someone in the public eye who has been accused (but not charged with) sexual assault as a 'weird freak', trying to help the democrats destroy the man. Thankfully Conan is being torn to shreds in the YouTube comments; people are not impressed.

I'd also draw attention to the construction of the headline to the video, which starts: "Kavanaugh Is A Weird Freak" - when I was browsing youtube on my smart TV, that's all I saw. That headline is purposfully constructed so that when people see the truncated version of it on various YouTube apps as they scroll through, it will smear Kavanaugh. Think about that.

And then Colbert, at 4:20 in this clip is cheering about the 'hippocampus' and 'norepinephrine' manipulation tactic that I mentioned above....these fucking morons think that if you use long words then it counts as proof what you are saying is the truth:

These bastards are destroying comedy in the US (see the appalling way in which Norm MacDonald was treated recently); so now comedians are castrated and scared to say the wrong thing. That's bad enough, but it's obvious they're willing to ruin anyone's life to achieve a political/ideological aim.

Thing is, once day the SJW machine might come for them...

Edited by JoeDavola

I just have to say, no matter what your position on the accusations against him, the guy came across as an unbalanced, petulant, rude tosser with an inability to control his emotions or deal with stress.

That was a job interview.... one for one of the most senior roles in public service in the US. Im pretty sure if you acted like that at a job interview even to clean the bogs at Maccydees you'd be shown the door quicker than you can say  'has this guy lied on his CV?' 

3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

The testimony of the victim rang alarm bells for me; the body language and the fact that she was using a child's voice. I felt like someone was trying to manipulate me. She then started smugly using words like 'hippocampus' and 'norepinephrine' in a context in which they were not needed, and I knew I was being manipulated. "look at me I'm so smart, I can't possibly be wrong or lying about this".

What's really disappointed me about this is, ironically, Conan OBrien. We all know how the rest of the late night hosts have their agenda, but I always thought Conan was still 'mostly' a comedian. It appears not; check this out:

Referring to someone in the public eye who has been accused (but not charged with) sexual assault as a 'weird freak', trying to help the democrats destroy the man. Thankfully Conan is being torn to shreds in the YouTube comments; people are not impressed.

I'd also draw attention to the construction of the headline to the video, which starts: "Kavanaugh Is A Weird Freak" - when I was browsing youtube on my smart TV, that's all I saw. That headline is purposfully constructed so that when people see the truncated version of it on various YouTube apps as they scroll through, it will smear Kavanaugh. Think about that.

And then Colbert, at 4:20 in this clip is cheering about the 'hippocampus' and 'norepinephrine' manipulation tactic that I mentioned above....these fucking morons think that if you use long words then it counts as proof what you are saying is the truth:

These bastards are destroying comedy in the US (see the appalling way in which Norm MacDonald was treated recently); so now comedians are castrated and scared to say the wrong thing. That's bad enough, but it's obvious they're willing to ruin anyone's life to achieve a political/ideological aim.

Thing is, once day the SJW machine might come for them...

I think judgey is a loon/freak/whatever.

But I just didnt believe the testimony. Its a pile of crap.

He might have done it - where it is drunken dry humping - but I doubt it. Ive seen frat parties. Frankly they are so fucking legless the chances of them doing anything beyond pukign and shitign themselves is unlikely.

The testimony by the female loons crosses the bounds. And the people backing her becuase they want to block the SC eat are beign loons.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I think judgey is a loon/freak/whatever.

But I just didnt believe the testimony. Its a pile of crap.

He might have done it - where it is drunken dry humping - but I doubt it. Ive seen frat parties. Frankly they are so fucking legless the chances of them doing anything beyond pukign and shitign themselves is unlikely.

The testimony by the female loons crosses the bounds. And the people backing her becuase they want to block the SC eat are beign loons.

Whether he's a loon or not, it's the 'guilty until proven innocent' assumption - of course if that's the way the Democrats work then they'll have to believe all the women who accused Bill Clinton...

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Whether he's a loon or not, it's the 'guilty until proven innocent' assumption - of course if that's the way the Democrats work then they'll have to believe all the women who accused Bill Clinton...

I'm sure they'd retrospectively agree to that (Bill has served his two terms). Now we can call Kavanaugh guilty, Trump guilty and elect a woman who will be immune from guilty-until-proven-innocent treatment. 

A panellist on Question time nailed this last night.

The US is totally divided. If you are pro Trump, she is a lying hussy. If you are anti Trump, he is a mass rapist.

There is no middle ground. If this was a real trial, it would be absolutely impossible to pick an unbiased jury.

4 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

A panellist on Question time nailed this last night.

The US is totally divided. If you are pro Trump, she is a lying hussy. If you are anti Trump, he is a mass rapist.

There is no middle ground. If this was a real trial, it would be absolutely impossible to pick an unbiased jury.

I'd pick twelve male muslim americans.

Be the shortest trial in history.

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

I just have to say, no matter what your position on the accusations against him, the guy came across as an unbalanced, petulant, rude tosser with an inability to control his emotions or deal with stress.

That was a job interview.... one for one of the most senior roles in public service in the US. Im pretty sure if you acted like that at a job interview even to clean the bogs at Maccydees you'd be shown the door quicker than you can say  'has this guy lied on his CV?' 

He's been a federal judge for 12 years so very hard to believe he's crumbling under pressure. Same as her actually she's a hard nut. More likely they both know what works best in the courtroom. IMO at least, maybe it's different when it's very personal. 

2 hours ago, Melchett said:

What a load of tosh. 

1 minute ago, wherebee said:

You could be right.  In both my most recent job interviews they accused me of attempted rape and informed my wife and all my friends that they believed I was an attempted rapist.  It's a completely accurate comparison you make there.

Twat.

Tif, Kavanagh kept saying that it was (or wasn’t?) a job interview in the hearing. 

I felt uncomfortable about the emotion and it didn’t sit right tbh. 

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

Tif, Kavanagh kept saying that it was (or wasn’t?) a job interview in the hearing. 

I felt uncomfortable about the emotion and it didn’t sit right tbh. 

He'd already been through the job interview part iirc, the 1000 odd written questions and many many hours of face to face? I believe several Rep senators said it wasn't a job interview.

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

He'd already been through the job interview part iirc, the 1000 odd written questions and many many hours of face to face? I believe several Rep senators said it wasn't a job interview.

Ta. I know someone kept mentioning it yesterday