• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
chronyx

We have to go back

1 minute ago, Uptherebels said:

You don't need a machine to go back in time. Just come to Somerset! 

:D

Somerset's positively modern.  Come to Cornwall me luvver....it's apartheid once you cross the Tamar.

And the CLA is growing. 

1 minute ago, Wahoo said:

:D

Somerset's positively modern.  Come to Cornwall me luvver....it's apartheid once you cross the Tamar.

And the CLA is growing. 

I don't know where you've got to, but I think me and Admiral Pin have just entered 1969.

8 minutes ago, chronyx said:

I'm on my early 30's, yet am finding myself wishing more and more for a return to a time when I'd never heard of Islam, immigrants, multi-culti, triggering, SJWs, patriarchy....

Of course being this age means I grew up well into the 'girl power' mass feminisation of society, but as an example, as a kid I can still remember yet another item on the TV about "The Troubles" and thinking 'Boring, I really don't care, and why have they given it such an obfuscated name' (Not that I knew the word, but the concept was in my head).  Stupid name aside, the problem was acknowledged and dealt with.  How many candles did we need for that?

Fuck the DOSBODs island.  Who's got a time machine?

It's changed massively in the last ten years. I was pondering today whether we have had a paradigm shift. It ain't going back, we are too far down this particular path. We need to work,out how to fix the mess we have 

Just now, One percent said:

It's changed massively in the last ten years. I was pondering today whether we have had a paradigm shift. It ain't going back, we are too far down this particular path. We need to work,out how to fix the mess we have 

Thanks, it's not just me then.  I've really been wondering if I'm just getting old before my time but even 10 years ago things seemed different.  No doubt a touch of rose tinted glasses, but I wasn't living the life of riley back then

Edited by chronyx

5 minutes ago, chronyx said:

I'm on my early 30's, yet am finding myself wishing more and more for a return to a time when I'd never heard of Islam, immigrants, multi-culti, triggering, SJWs, patriarchy....

Of course being this age means I grew up well into the 'girl power' mass feminisation of society, but as an example, as a kid I can still remember yet another item on the TV about "The Troubles" and thinking 'Boring, I really don't care, and why have they given it such an obfuscated name' (Not that I knew the word, but the concept was in my head).  Stupid name aside, the problem was acknowledged and dealt with.  How many candles did we need for that?

Fuck the DOSBODs island.  Who's got a time machine?

I feel your pain.

Being older, twice your age, I also wish I could back to having never heard of what you say in your first paragraph. 

When I was your age I had hope that the world was ok and it was going to get better.

Now I despair for the future of humanity. I'm glad I'm older and nearer to leaving this shithole. How sad IMO that a human being would have that thought. But I soppose many others do think that.

Thanks EE.  I'm finding it a struggle not to wallow in...not quite ennui, but almost bored helplessness.

Edited by chronyx

Just now, chronyx said:

Thanks, it's not just me then.  I've really been wondering if I'm just getting old before my time but even 10 years ago things seemed different.  No doubt a touch of rose tinted glasses, but I wasn't living the life of riley back then

Not just you, it really has shifted and it seems to me that it is hitting warp drive. God knows where we will be in another five years 

Just now, SNACR said:

Interwebs has sucked the joy out of nearly everything.

See that's the thing, I was just about to get online before it got as integrated and managed as it is these days.  I missed the true Wild West days, but the internet used to be this amazing new thing. Now it's a blessing as an alternative source of news, dialogue and opinions, but also an obvious curse.

I equate effortless Internet access to the syncromesh mechanisms on cars.

Some things SHOULD be hard to keep the quality up (Ooh err) xD

9 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I feel your pain.

Being older, twice your age, I also wish I could back to having never heard of what you say in your first paragraph. 

When I was your age I had hope that the world was ok and it was going to get better.

Now I despair for the future of humanity. I'm glad I'm older and nearer to leaving this shithole. How sad IMO that a human being would have that thought. But I soppose many others do think that.

Me too, nearly 50 (where did those years go?) and very fearful for my daughters future.

The interweb is watching YOU :o it is the all seeing eye

5929e9fb2aaa4_allseeingeye.jpg.5dc32cef5bd542c2123024ad66545595.jpg

and is a reminder that man's thoughts and deeds are always observed by God, however the big sky fairy has nothing to do with it.

Take the next logical step yourselves.

1 minute ago, Dipsy said:

Me too, nearly 50 (where did those years go?) and very fearful for my daughters future.

Afaik, there has not been anytime in history, in peace time, when we have feared for the wellbeing of our children in this way.  

6 minutes ago, chronyx said:

Thanks EE.  I'm finding it a struggle not to wallow in...not quite ennui, but almost bored helplessness.

I only go on internet usually of an evening. Mainly I try to live in my own little bubble taking care of myself, home and family. Get out walking everyday and to new places when I can, grow veg, cook what I think is healthy food. Leading a simple life.

Wishi could disconnect from internet completely but imo that's not a good idea...need to keep up with what's going on in the world to enable self preservation.

Often internet is entertaining too.....a double edged sword!

Much of life is boring and routine, that's just how it is for most folks. Part of the human condition.

18 minutes ago, chronyx said:

See that's the thing, I was just about to get online before it got as integrated and managed as it is these days.  I missed the true Wild West days, but the internet used to be this amazing new thing. Now it's a blessing as an alternative source of news, dialogue and opinions, but also an obvious curse.

Feels like a zero sum gain where there's an equal and opposite downside for every upside.

Oddly, I had early internet with Netscape and hardly anyone to email, when it was all text based Star Trek fan type webpages hosted on geocities but was kind of late to Web 2.0 having dismissed the internet as a bit of a niche.

I don't think it's just a rose tinted thing I think the nineties were probably better than the eighties certainly up to the New Labour, Hong Kong going back to China and Diana death era of 1997. I think that's ground zero for a lot of shitness.

The world was certainly a simpler place when, to get information out of my computer, I had to put an MS Encarta CD ROM in first.

Edited by SNACR

17 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Feels like a zero sum gain where there's an equal and opposite downside for every upside.

Oddly, I had early internet with Netscape and hardly anyone to email, when it was all text based Star Trek fan type webpages hosted on geocities but was kind of late to Web 2.0 having dismissed the internet as a bit of a niche.

I don't think it's just a rose tinted thing I think the nineties were probably better than the eighties certainly up to the New Labour, Hong Kong going back to China and Diana death era of 1997. I think that's ground zero for a lot of shitness.

The world was certainly a simpler place when, to get information out of my computer, I had to put an MS Encarta CD ROM in first.

It was even better when the world of work communicated by written memo. I would get a couple a week at most. Now, my inbox is infested. 

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

It was even better when the world of work communicated by written memo. I would get a couple a week at most. Now, my inbox is infested. 

I do seem to have passed peak email where there seemed to be some novelty value for people in sending them. Still get over a hundred a day although usually just delete half after a quick scan.

Probably one of those internet upsides as I've won all sorts of disputes by being able to easily find all the old emails relating to it.

Edited by SNACR

3 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I do seem to have passed peak email where there seemed to be some novelty value for people in sending them. Still get over a hundred a day although usually just delete half after a quick scan.

Probably one of those internet upsides as I've won all sorts of disputes by being able to easily find all the old emails relating to it.

People advertise their crap on my work email. It's like fucking fleabay