• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

I believe in miracles, you sexy thing

Not really, couldn’t resist the title though. I’ll leave someone else to post the you tube vid

back on topic we have this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45679730

Three in five UK adults say they believe some form of miracle is possible, a survey commissioned by the So-Called BBC has suggested.

Nearly half of those questioned on behalf of BBC Local Radio admitted to praying for a miracle at some time.

However, when it comes to the miracles of Jesus, nearly half say they do not believe he did miraculous things.

its like stepping through a portal, straight back to the dark ages  

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Not really, couldn’t resist the title though. I’ll leave someone else to post the you tube vid

Three in five UK adults say they believe some form of miracle is possible, a survey commissioned by the So-Called BBC has suggested.

Nearly half of those questioned on behalf of BBC Local Radio admitted to praying for a miracle at some time.

However, when it comes to the miracles of Jesus, nearly half say they do not believe he did miraculous things.

3 in 5 is 60%

Nearly half is 49%

so 11% are Muslims? they don't believe in miracles of Jesus, but only in Allah?

Edited by snaga

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think it is probably more likely that three in five UK adults hope that some form of miracle is possible.

and so nearly half of those questioned on behalf of BBC Local Radio admitted to praying for a miracle at some time.

Edited by Hopeful

People don't want the truth.

Geller should have been finished after this but he wasn't the sheeple just doubled down. 

The creepy cutlery botherer was still plying his fraudulent trade and hanging out with people persistently dogged by child sex abuse rumours decades later - here him and Wacko have swung by Westminster to deliver a birthday cake to Greville Janner.

C--0Yh3XoAIZVYp.jpg:large

Edited by SNACR

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I think it is probably more likely that three in five UK adults hope that some form of miracle is possible.

and so nearly half of those questioned on behalf of BBC Local Radio admitted to praying for a miracle at some time.

I do it every Saturday night, just before they call the lottery numbers. 

I am not religious, especially as it doesn’t appear to work 

I'd also wager that surveying local radio listeners warps the dataset quite a lot. They're probably going to be older and not as sophisticated as those urban London luvvie types. O.o

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

Geller should have been finished after this but he wasn't the sheeple just doubled down. 

The creepy cutlery botherer was still plying his fraudulent trade and hanging out with people persistently dogged by child sex abuse rumours decades later - here him and Wacko have swung by Westminster to deliver a birthday cake to Greville Janner.

Well I met Uri Geller once. Obviously he did his party trick with a spoon. I know it wasnt a doctored spoon or anything and he just held it, stroked the neck of it a couple of times and it bent upwards. Where he held the spoon was no where near the bend. I dont know how he did it, but it wasnt trickery.

Edited by Mirror Mirror

5 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Well I met Uri Geller once. Obviously he did his party trick with a spoon. I know it wasnt a doctored spoon or anything and he just held it, stroked the neck of it a couple of times and it bent upwards. Where he held the spoon was no where near the bend. I dont know how he did it, but it wasnt trickery.

Plugged into the matrix would be my guess 

12 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

I thought  there was cutlery on Carson’s table and he didn’t seem to like the look of that.

Being somewhat contrarian I saw the news about the Tsunami in Indonesia and then saw the plague of Saudi funded (enforced) hooded head-scarves and immediately realised it was Allahs will as they had obviously done something to incur his/its wrath and lost interest in the whole story.

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

People do get ill, are given no chance of recovery and then they do. Some will call that a miracle, others will make some other reason up. Personally, I am inclined to let others think that they wish to think either way.

There is weird seemingly scientifically inexplicable stuff like why women always turn round when you perve at their arses.

Edited by SNACR

2 hours ago, One percent said:

This was on r4 Sunday program.

Not very convincing. An ex druggy claiming hed seeen someones leg grow back.

2 hours ago, SNACR said:

Never seen that.

Its mental. What do Mikey J, Uri Spoon and Grenvile have in common??

Just needs Jimmy Savile and Harvey Weinstien in the background.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

This was on r4 Sunday program.

Not very convincing. An ex druggy claiming hed seeen someones leg grow back.

Well, I guess if you are on drugs you ‘see’ all sorts. Pink unicorns and the like. So, someone growing back their leg, not beyond the bounds... 

more importantly, what are the So-Called BBC doing entertaining this crap? 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well, I guess if you are on drugs you ‘see’ all sorts. Pink unicorns and the like. So, someone growing back their leg, not beyond the bounds... 

more importantly, what are the So-Called BBC doing entertaining this crap? 

As they won't do proper religion because it deals in absolutes rather than relativism they instead focus upon this ragbag of tangential human interest stuff in the hope that they don't "offend" anybody.

See also state school religious education.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

As they won't do proper religion because it deals in absolutes rather than relativism they instead focus upon this ragbag of tangential human interest stuff in the hope that they don't "offend" anybody.

See also state school religious education.

Well I’m offended by it.  Don’t I count?  

Best not answer that. xD

3 hours ago, One percent said:

At least 30% ( made up stat) of the population are DOSBOD women who believe that their Prince Charming is still going to turn up 

That would definately be a miracle 😀😀😀😀😀😀

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I have noted before that I am in a minority on here as being Christian but don't (afaik) ever bang on about because there is nothing so offputting as somebody who never shuts up about something.  As anyone who has ever worked with an avid and talkative fan of a particular football club in which you have zero interest will confirm; you end up disliking the club about which you were previously neutral, or agnsotic.

I notice that the religious presentation slots these days tend to be given to the dimbos who aren't good enough for anything else and end up doing this despite knowing nothing and believing less.  It's the good old BBC again - can't have an active and intelligent Christian presenting a prgramme on Christian worship.

I give you ex Blue Peter presenter Diane Louise Jordan:

She did later convert but the amount of faux sincerity that it took for her to present Songs of Praise was weapons grade; and it was also crashingly obvious.

She's a bit of a miracle herself, 58 year old granny that is posing as the granddaughter. 

Just now, One percent said:

Well I’m offended by it.  Don’t I count?  

Best not answer that. xD

No of course you don't. You are white, middle class, educated and wealthy.

the So-Called BBC couldn't care less about offending you or me. They delight in it.

In the public school thread I mentioned how some people thrive in the school's attempt to make you a better all round person rather than just getting you through your exams; they instill a work ethic, pride, duty and so on.  They think it important and that is exactly what the original school charters of aims were: to produce decent people of good character.  Not just with ten A star O Levels.

And some people entirely reject and resent it.  Seeing it like Lindsay Anderson's "If".

I get the impression that the So-Called BBC is entirely staffed by the latter category, miserable gits with massive chips on their shoulders who don't value tradition.