• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Hopeful

Twitter Tiffs

Bloody hell.

Though as Michael White is a guardian journo then I'm definitely with Giles on this one.

I've not mind up my mind about Giles Coren; he was very amusing in food through the ages some time ago but in his more recent series on hotels he came across as an irritating and sneering prat.

He was shown every courtesy and seemed to delight in chucking it back in people's faces. Maybe he was going through a bad time.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Coren family have done well in the media all things considered.

Go on, am I missing something?

All of Alan, Victoria, and Giles have been excellent in particular programmes.  Even if Alan's connections got them the introductions they're still very good.

The one with ludicrous eyeshadow on the Dancing whose name escapes me does however reek if nepotism.

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Go on, am I missing something?

All of Alan, Victoria, and Giles have been excellent in particular programmes.  Even if Alan's connections got them the introductions they're still very good.

The one with ludicrous eyeshadow on the Dancing whose name escapes me does however reek if nepotism.

I am sure lots of people would be excellent working in the media. Many wish to do so but are unable to get a toe in the door - don't have the right connections.

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am sure lots of people would be excellent working in the media. Many wish to do so but are unable to get a toe in the door - don't have the right connections.

Granted yes but there are many presenters not from celebrity families who are bloody useless so I'm perfectly happy that these two did have the connections.

I've mentioned The One Show before; I can't recall who presents it now or who has previously presented it but they have been inane grinning sofa squatters all.

I sometimes wonder if it's a big in joke at the So-Called BBC and the senior staff piss themselves laughing each year at the highlights tape.

im not cultured like what you people is.

Who are this pair of nonces?

Can i get a  ticket to a boxing match? I do like to watch non fighters flail, hopefully both enventually being enriched out side their landarn houses for a 20 pence piece.

Graham Linehan's been having a spot of bother with the transgenders on Twitter - I agree with him but have very little sympathy due to him being an inveterate virtue signaller on there.

1 hour ago, Happy Renting said:

I am so glad I do not use Twitter. I am spared most of this.

You can use Twitter without getting into spats, you know. I've only fallen out with a handful of people, and I certainly was being rude to them.

2 hours ago, SNACR said:

Graham Linehan's been having a spot of bother with the transgenders on Twitter - I agree with him but have very little sympathy due to him being an inveterate virtue signaller on there.

I can forgive him anything for writing Father Ted. 

I find Twitter useful for stuff like finding out when the power is coming back on after an outage or why there's a load of cop cars and an ambulance at the end of my road but, otherwise, I've never seen anything good come of it. Aside from the very straightforward factual stuff on there basically every post is either entirely ignored or met with unpleasant abuse. Why would anyone use it as any kind of platform to express any kind of opinion? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

13 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I find Twitter useful for stuff like finding out when the power is coming back on after an outage or why there's a load of cop cars and an ambulance at the end of my road but, otherwise, I've never seen anything good come of it. Aside from the very straightforward factual stuff on there basically every post is either entirely ignored or met with unpleasant abuse. Why would anyone use it as any kind of platform to express any kind of opinion? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Most people are Tweeting into a vacuum

There is some good content, however

Giles Coren is an insufferable prick much like his sister but without the large jugs so no point in paying him any heed, even on mute. 

18 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Me neither. I fantasize about the day it's no longer used. No more SJWs arranging boycotts, no more idiotic spats making it into the news. 

10 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

140 characters is not "content".

It's now more than 140 characters.

But don't forget you can add an image or a video, and a picture is as good as 1000 words

A good ground-breaking 45s film that nobody has ever seen before can educate and entertain, and can easily be explained by 140 chars, or the author should be able to do so.

After all a Report in Science that presents important new research results of broad significance is limited to 2500 words (3 printed pages) and that word count includes the references, notes and captions.

So, I'd argue quite strongly, that a Tweet can be, or can include, content.

Edited by Hopeful

25 minutes ago, spunko said:

Giles Coren is an insufferable prick much like his sister but without the large jugs so no point in paying him any heed, even on mute. 

Me neither. I fantasize about the day it's no longer used. No more SJWs arranging boycotts, no more idiotic spats making it into the news. 

Twitter looks like it is going to be the author of its own demise given the amount of  bans and content suppression going on.  Kim Dotcom is in the process of getting another platform up and running for all of us who enjoy shouting down the well.

Twitter will be left as a modern day Bethlehem where we can all look in to laugh at the delusional SJW patients trying to out virtue signal each other. The long suffering investors will be able to watch this moribund platform lumber to the graveyard in excruciating slow motion taking any investment they made with it.

7 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

Twitter looks like it is going to be the author of its own demise given the amount of  bans and content suppression going on.  Kim Dotcom is in the process of getting another platform up and running for all of us who enjoy shouting down the well.

Twitter will be left as a modern day Bethlehem where we can all look in to laugh at the delusional SJW patients trying to out virtue signal each other. The long suffering investors will be able to watch this moribund platform lumber to the graveyard in excruciating slow motion taking any investment they made with it.

id end up jailed after a drunken rant,so i best keep away.

I realise this is an unfair criticism as it's not really twitter's fault, but I think it's ruined the discussion on ukpolitics on reddit. Half the posts are now twitter links, which nobody bothers to go and read, they just react to the headline (tories, boo, brexit, boo, lib dems, hooray) so the debate is even more pointless than on the relevant twitter thread, where at least most of the commentators know who the authur is and the reasons or context of the post.

Edited by steppensheep

7 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

its taking an awful long time about it, i always wondered about how stupid investors were, more and more cash thrown at total BS, i rmember reading about a crypto coin that was actually named ponzi coin at the height of the bitcoin frenzy, the guy actually managed to make $20K dollars and his right up or sort of white paper if you will basically admitted it was just a scam.

He took the 20K as far as i can remember and just disappeared with it. Not great, but better  than working i suppose.

It might just be me being thick but I can't actually work out how to use Twitter. Facebook has done the same - adding lots of new functions that just makes it harder to use for those of us that can't be arsed to master it.

1 hour ago, Dipsy said:

I can forgive him anything for writing Father Ted. 

It was his dismissal, on Have I Got News For You, of the notion of BBC responsibility in the Savile scandal - while simultaneously holding the contrary view with regard to the scandal in the Catholic Church - that did it for me. I have not watched one since and never will. Fuck him.