• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
201p

Fur shop closed down due to death threats

Posted (edited)

Fur shop owner is forced to close her Cotswolds store after being bombarded with 1,000 hate messages and death threats

Faye Rogers, 28, was forced to close her new shop in Stroud, the Cotswolds

She received messages from internet trolls- one said they hoped she got cancer

Around 50 protesters held banners outside her boutique shop saying 'fur kills'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6224987/Fur-shop-owner-bombarded-hate-messages-death-threats-forced-shut-Cotswolds-store.html

----

Hmm - didn't they see this coming?

I guess we're older and more savvy of the politics* out there, and consensus of social media with virtue signalling and wot not. But, no way is this the time to open a animal fur shop.

*protests about people animal meat for example, farmers being threatened etc

Edited by 201p

8 minutes ago, 201p said:

Fur shop owner is forced to close her Cotswolds store after being bombarded with 1,000 hate messages and death threats

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6224987/Fur-shop-owner-bombarded-hate-messages-death-threats-forced-shut-Cotswolds-store.html

----

I guess we're older and more savvy of the politics* out there, and consensus of social media with virtue signalling and wot not. But, no way is this the time to open a animal fur shop.

Stroud is a strange place to open a fur shop.  It's the hippy, vegan centre of the Cotswolds and different from a lot of the other, more upmarket towns in the Cotswolds.  It was also looking very rundown last time I was there.

I've got a shotgun and am ok about shooting wildlife. However even I'm uneasy about farming animals for their fur. If the fur is a byproduct of meat production I'm ok with it. But farming mink etc for fur seems a bit sick IMHO.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, 201p said:

----

mob rule, police should be allowing the lawful buisness to operate.

Of course we know that's never going to happen, and yet another example of the police losing consent of the mob.

Edited by snaga

27 minutes ago, sukuinage said:

Stroud is a strange place to open a fur shop.  It's the hippy, vegan centre of the Cotswolds and different from a lot of the other, more upmarket towns in the Cotswolds.  It was also looking very rundown last time I was there.

Strangely, all the vegans I have ever come across (2 in total) looked very run down themselves, if they ever had to do physical work it would have killed them within a month.

Veganism is a pursuit of the socially bourgoise.

35 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Strangely, all the vegans I have ever come across (2 in total) looked very run down themselves, if they ever had to do physical work it would have killed them within a month.

Veganism is a pursuit of the socially bourgoise.

I'd quite like to be a vegan but one thing at a time want to get keto and losing fat out of the way first. I am definitely not a bourgeoisie I am a giant pleb. A bit lazy so no physical work for me thanks but I definitely can when necessary.

Hmm peckish now it's time for a couple of lentil nibbles. 

Posted (edited)

Again this is why I believe the far left won't be allowed to run the country as the people that own this country, once they hold a mirror up to themselves, they won't see a pretty sight. The media are kidding themselves if they side with it.

-Zoo's would be closed - holding animals in captivity.

-All restaurants would be closed if they serve meat.

-All supermarkets will have a big headache as probably 70% of the stuff they sell comes in some form of plastic

-All clothing/shoe shops would be closed as they exploit child labour.

-plus many more businesses because somewhere somebody or something is being exploited, it pollutes, or harms the environment. There would be no economy.

(I do not support the selling of animal fur but education not threats should decide if this business succeeds. But mob rule appears to have won here as Snaga has stated here)

Where do we draw the line?

Edited by 201p

57 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I've got a shotgun and am ok about shooting wildlife. However even I'm uneasy about farming animals for their fur. If the fur is a byproduct of meat production I'm ok with it. But farming mink etc for fur seems a bit sick IMHO.

i used to work with someone whose wife was related to these people,they stole her corpse in the end now thats a grudge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/4762481.stm

7 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I'd quite like to be a vegan but one thing at a time want to get keto and losing fat out of the way first. I am definitely not a bourgeoisie I am a giant pleb. A bit lazy so no physical work for me thanks but I definitely can when necessary.

Hmm peckish now it's time for a couple of lentil nibbles. 

You know you want a big steak!o.O

1 hour ago, snaga said:

mob rule, police should be allowing the lawful buisness to operate.

Of course we know that's never going to happen, and yet another example of the police losing consent of the mob.

The police are allowing her to operate... she is legally allowed to run a business partly reliant on animal cruelty; she decided to close it down herself. Nothing to do with the police.

Mrs Rogers said: "At first, me and my husband Alex were laughing at the Facebook messages. I didn’t really care. I love fur..."

Sounds like she's an insufferable cunt and got what she deserved to me.

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Fur quality is very dependant on the animal being kept healthy. I bet their lives are 1000 times better than any battery chicken, and a 100 times better than a barn chicken, yet you don’t get people immediately answering “I’m uneasy about egg farming” when @The XYY Man starts on about his love of quiche.

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

I just don't know any more.

I have always been against fur farming/coats (etc).  I do eat meat (quite a bit), but perhaps think of it as a 'necessary' rather than an 'okay'.

But I'm not so sure.  I am increasingly of the mind that all 'modern' lifestyles -- vegan, recycling, gender-equality, etc etc --  are actually all about guilt, or at least, the absolving of guilt -> righteousness.  Yet I don't think this can necessary be true.  

For example -- are we better off, in terms of our 'impact on the world' or our 'moral obligation', choosing a fur coat (that might last 100 years) or some synthetic thing that shoves fibres into the oceans (oh, very bad) and only lasts 10 seasons?

And what about fashion?  Sure, a fur coat might only be fashion (albeit one that lasts for a fair while), but it will be warm, at least.  But is buying a new outfit for every wedding or having a wardrobe full of dresses (or male equivalent -- not sure what it is) that is sent to charity-shop (or ebay) once it becomes unfashionable (24 months, say) -- is that better?

Perhaps we'd be better off in a world with fur coats that last a lifetime.

Or maybe not.  As I say, I'm getting increasingly dissatisfied with the arguments for and against that are put towards me (in many aspects of life, not just the (frankly inconsequential in the big scheme of things) fur trade.

I suspect the people who own fur coats in this country are very much the sort of person who buys a new outfit for each wedding. I also suspect that where fur is necessary  (eskimos), that they also eat the donor animal.

8 minutes ago, dgul said:

I just don't know any more.

I have always been against fur farming/coats (etc).  I do eat meat (quite a bit), but perhaps think of it as a 'necessary' rather than an 'okay'.

But I'm not so sure.  I am increasingly of the mind that all 'modern' lifestyles -- vegan, recycling, gender-equality, etc etc --  are actually all about guilt, or at least, the absolving of guilt -> righteousness.  Yet I don't think this can necessary be true.  

For example -- are we better off, in terms of our 'impact on the world' or our 'moral obligation', choosing a fur coat (that might last 100 years) or some synthetic thing that shoves fibres into the oceans (oh, very bad) and only lasts 10 seasons?

And what about fashion?  Sure, a fur coat might only be fashion (albeit one that lasts for a fair while), but it will be warm, at least.  But is buying a new outfit for every wedding or having a wardrobe full of dresses (or male equivalent -- not sure what it is) that is sent to charity-shop (or ebay) once it becomes unfashionable (24 months, say) -- is that better?

Perhaps we'd be better off in a world with fur coats that last a lifetime.

Or maybe not.  As I say, I'm getting increasingly dissatisfied with the arguments for and against that are put towards me (in many aspects of life, not just the (frankly inconsequential in the big scheme of things) fur trade.

I like animals and hate cruelty but some animal rights ppl are just nuts and not logical. Eg Rats and mice in the house do not normally get a free pass and ppl who use poison are ignoring that there is great suffering. (I only use spring traps which mostly make a clean kill.) Agree that wearing the same outfit day after day and/or not washing stuff to preserve water are frowned upon in polite circles.  So most of us are complete hypocrites?

Saw the Duchess of Sussex doing her cooking thing at Grenfell (photo op for the new recipe book - proceed to charity) and the local women were wearing those one-use plastic gloves for food hygiene. Single use plastic!! (Why not just wash one's hands?) 

As said by another poster ... where will it all end and an wee ever square the circle of our wants/desires/needs the environment and the economy.    

36 minutes ago, spunko said:

The police are allowing her to operate... she is legally allowed to run a business partly reliant on animal cruelty; she decided to close it down herself. Nothing to do with the police.

Mrs Rogers said: "At first, me and my husband Alex were laughing at the Facebook messages. I didn’t really care. I love fur..."

Sounds like she's an insufferable cunt and got what she deserved to me.

I think the hate she was experiencing on social media would probably be investigated for other businesses or beliefs. Not sure if plod did or didn''t.

It's bully-boy tactics.

Personally, I have no problem with fur farming if it is practised well, although much of it isn't of course. It is no different to breeding and rearing other stock and I'd be a hypocrit if i distinguished the two. However, I don't advocate or support shooting wild animals just for their pelts.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, sukuinage said:

I knew a few people into the hunt saboteur, animal rights thing back when I was a student.  Kept my views well hidden as I was always interested in hearing what different people thought.  I found that a lot of them didn't really have animal welfare on top of their agenda; for them it was the whole class war thing so anything to do with hunting and fur was upper class and should be attacked.  Any thing to do with chickens, fishing etc. was very much a side issue.  Never heard of any of them tackling anglers probably because it was a working class thing

Oh dear, this could go down a rabbit hole. But the lack of interest in banning the working class pursuit of coarse fishing was telling. Repeatedly torturing the same fish in a pond by catching it over and over again has no place as far as I'm concerned. But catch it once, and eat it, is fine by me.

Edited by Hopeful

17 minutes ago, sukuinage said:

I knew a few people into the hunt saboteur, animal rights thing back when I was a student.  Kept my views well hidden as I was always interested in hearing what different people thought.  I found that a lot of them didn't really have animal welfare on top of their agenda; for them it was the whole class war thing so anything to do with hunting and fur was upper class and should be attacked.  Any thing to do with chickens, fishing etc. was very much a side issue.  Never heard of any of them tackling anglers probably because it was a working class thing

Yes, I've always suspected this, that it's more about class war than anything else. Opposing cruelty to animals is a sort of whitewash that makes it seem a noble cause. Eg, a friend of the family used to be Master of Hounds for a hunt in the home counties. He is something of a patrician figure, very public school, served as the local mayor (Tory) etc. He received threats from an animal rights group that if he did not stop hunting, they would kill his hounds. How can that be against animal cruelty?